• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you like to see from PC Gamepass?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'd like to see more games. Duh.
However, PC Gamepass has a lot of potential and one I'd like to see implemented is the ability to add achievements to older previously Steam exclusive games.
I know a lot of you don't care about achievements and trophies, but many do and like the opportunity to boost gamerscore.

Oh, it also got me to completely uninstall Epic Games Launcher, as Metro Exodus was the only game I had bought on that platform and since it's now on PC Gamepass and it has the bonus of earning achievements, the Epic version was 100% useless.

DanielsM

Banned
Just seems like rinse and repeat.

Games for Windows Live (Win32 sales)
Microsoft Store (UWP sales)

Microsoft Store (UWP/Win32 rental but only for Win10)

Interesting enough, I can't even get the Xbox app to install on the two machines I have here right now and it doesn't even support Win8, 8.1 or 7. Lil Phil needs to Skype (if it works:messenger_tears_of_joy:) Uncle Satya and ask him for quite a few more billion as they are going to need it for this to ever work)

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I think I'd like Microsoft to piss off outta PC gaming, fucks are gonna find any way to hypermonetize this platform. They'd charge us for online multiplayer too if they could.
What I'd like to see is Microsoft simply publishing their games on someone else's storefront, and never bothering to create their own PC gaming services. Best left in someone else's hands.

But at least Game Pass is Win10 exclusive and isn't touching my Win7. Renting games through a service on an OS that operates as a service, I could never deal with that.

Havoc2049

I would like to see Microsoft bring some of their back catalog to the service. Games like Starlancer, Freelancer, Close Combat series, Midtown Madness series, Mayhem series, MechCommander 2 and MechWarrior 4.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
What’s there is pretty good to me. A main use of my gaming PC has been to play the Play Anywhere games since I failed to really get into any PC exclusives aside from a few indies. Now being able to buy a month or months of Gamepass around big releases and also have access to try out a bunch of other games at the same time is a fantastic deal for someone like me who rarely touches games after I beat them or tire of the grind or tire of the MP. Buying games doesn’t make a ton of sense for me (buying physical and selling when I’m done aside and sub services are cheaper out of pocket and less hassle).

So keeping a good rotation of games coming in is the main thing. Given the above I may just buy a Scarlett vs upgrading the PC next year though. Just depends on launch price of that vs GPU prices (think I’m ok on CPU and RAM).

pr0cs

Improvements to the app, it's a very good start but hopefully they're very proactive about improving it as much as they improve the xboxen os.
Obviously more games, maybe add the ability to launch external games.
In general though I'd be happy if they add new titles with regular cadence

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The app has been pretty awesome so far, but it definitely needs a lot of work. Mainly, it needs to become a consolidated "PC Games Library" that shows me everything I own on the Microsoft Store that's a game playable in Windows. I have Play Anywhere games like Final Fantasy IX and Pinball FX3 that are nowhere to be found on the Xbox app, I guess because they're not part of Game Pass.

Qlp3h1h.png

They have a good start, but I'd love to see something closer to Steam's (and most other game launchers) Library tab, where clicking on a game will take you to the game's Xbox app page that will let you see relevant info and install. Give me this page, but with info on Final Fantasy IX or any other Windows Store game I own:

VAqW3NU.png

Do that and I'll happily start buying PC games from you, especially if they're Play Anywhere games with Xbox. All the info is already in the Windows Store, so I don't know what the hold up is exactly.

I0wABvH.png

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The app has been pretty awesome so far, but it definitely needs a lot of work. Mainly, it needs to become a consolidated "PC Games Library" that shows me everything I own on the Microsoft Store that's a game playable in Windows. I have Play Anywhere games like Final Fantasy IX and Pinball FX3 that are nowhere to be found on the Xbox app, I guess because they're not part of Game Pass.

Qlp3h1h.png

They have a good start, but I'd love to see something closer to Steam's (and most other game launchers) Library tab, where clicking on a game will take you to the game's Xbox app page that will let you see relevant info and install. Give me this page, but with info on Final Fantasy IX or any other Windows Store game I own:

VAqW3NU.png

Do that and I'll happily start buying PC games from you, especially if they're Play Anywhere games with Xbox. All the info is already in the Windows Store, so I don't know what the hold up is exactly.

I0wABvH.png
Something else it needs is a page that shows you all PC games that are available in Gamepass. Most games I found I were due to me looking up an online list and searching for the game manually. Prey was nowhere to be found unless you searched for it.

Teslerum

Something else it needs is a page that shows you all PC games that are available in Gamepass. Most games I found I were due to me looking up an online list and searching for the game manually. Prey was nowhere to be found unless you searched for it.
When was that? Prey shows up on the start page for me since a few days ago.

LostDonkey

I want them to fix install issues. Worked perfect day one and now it’s hit or miss.
I cant install anything. Things that I have installed no longer launch and uninstalling them per the advice on the app results in them not installing again. The App/service is totally bricked for me at the moment.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
if i'm being real for a sec, i think microsoft would be wise to put halo 3 pass, as it's the best competitive halo, and would keep the player base sustained for some time

thank you and now back to my regularly programmed shit posting

Last edited:

Teslerum

if i'm being real for a sec, i think microsoft would be wise to put halo 3 on the pc gamepass, as it's the mostly fondly remembered competitive halo game, and would keep the player base sustained for some time

Halo MCC is already confirmed for PC and in extension as a gamepass title.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

After reading some stories, I'm not even going to try gamepass on PC right now........I have most of the uhhhh (good games)
,they have on gamepass anyway...as purchases from the Windows Store.....
It was great for a day. Everything worked smoothly, i like how clean the layout is and the games seemed to launch very quickly.

But then it just... Stopped working. I know its in Beta but its a bit of a cock up still.

Teslerum

After reading some stories, I'm not even going to try gamepass on PC right now........I have most of the uhhhh (good games)
,they have on gamepass anyway...as purchases from the Windows Store.....

Its a beta after all and depends on the person. The worst I had to do was change my dns settings at the beginning. Since then it has been running smoothly for me. (Personally).

LostDonkey

Its a beta after all and depends on the person. The worst I had to do was change my dns settings at the beginning. Since then it has been running smoothly for me. (Personally).

Eh? Care to elaborate?

There are many complaints on the Xbox PC App feedback of users facing the exact same issue. It seems to be tied to an administrator privilege problem. Games that require Administrator Approval will not install or launch anymore. Games that dont require this will do fine.

Strange thing is ive already installed and played some of the games that require the approval and nothing has been changed on my system.

Teslerum

Eh? Care to elaborate?

There are many complaints on the Xbox PC App feedback of users facing the exact same issue. It seems to be tied to an administrator privilege problem. Games that require Administrator Approval will not install or launch anymore. Games that dont require this will do fine.

Strange thing is ive already installed and played some of the games that require the approval and nothing has been changed on my system.

Depends on the person if the bug applies to you. Not that you are the only one that experiences the bug if you've misunderstood me.

For example it still works fine on my end. I just tested with Shenmue 1+2. I could play without problems, then I uninstalled it and its currently installig again.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
I bit for the "First Month for 1 €uro"-Thing. And lo and behold, you need Windows 10. But not any Windows 10. You need Version 1903... the bugriddled Version everyone is warning you about. Loerer and beholdener: My update process would die in a brutal Bluescreen and (luckily) the process would revert Windows to its former state.

3 full evenings of google-fu, registry-"hacking" and desperate cleaning-program use (yeah, I stooped that low)... and nothing. The update still didn't work until I found the culprit. a fucking .sys-file that even I as admin could not purge. So I had to learn how to give myself more user rights for this file.

After that almost smooth sailing and man, the offer was pretty good to test the service... no Epic Store (or 60 €) to play Metro Exodus! Nice.

Top Bottom