• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What you want to see in The Last of Us HBO season 2? (Part 2 game spoilers)

VulcanRaven

What things you would like to see in the season 2? Here are some of of mine:

-Future Days. The outbreak happened in 2003 (I didn't like that change) so the song didn't exist yet but I still want to see it. Maybe Joel wrote it or something but it doesn't need to be explained.

-More Joel flasbacks

-I hope they don't tone down the violence as much this time. Its important to see it just like in the game.

-Don't use cgi when not needed. That practical bloater suit looked great.

-Rat king

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Abby's fine ass

Tiger Woods Sport GIF by Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

LostDonkey

More infected, more violence, more sneaking and crafting weapons/traps, more making me believe that this world is such a hostile dangerous place that is a fight to rebuild because of the dangers that are around every corner.

More of everything the first series didn't do.

Freeman76

I hope they stay true to the game, the second one had a much better story imo and they were brave to take it where they did. Even the 'woke' element wasnt forced, or focussed on in any way really (and I hate all this progressive trans nonsense so I would have been pissed if they made a big deal of it). Must be tempting for them to keep Pedro in as he is a big name right now, but a few flashbacks can cover that, like they did in the game with the Dinosaur museum or something, I can definitely see that being a whole episode.

I feel for whoever plays Abby though, she will need a thick skin if the non-gamers who watch it are as cuntish as the forumites who got their knickers twisted over her.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I think he is talking about the gay relationships.... Everything people don't like is "woke" nowadays, regardless of what it is and what woke actually means...
I dont think any one person holds the absolute definition of "wokeness"... having 01 full filler men gay episode shoehorned on to the series among other things can be pretty woke to some people .. or maybe the changes in joels and ellie characters can be seen as woke also... and there are the changes in casting races....really dont know ... but the elements of woke can be seen in almost every midia nowdays ... and surely are present in the series... and the fact that all this is becoming "normal" dosent automatically eliminate the fact that can be perceived as woke tropes by somepeople and not for others ...

I think he or I can find something woke and you and a bunch of people dont ... and both can be right in their subjective point of view

Robb

Gold Member
Greatly improved pacing and less filler episodes, although I feel they go hand in hand.

I probably won’t watch it though, haven’t seen the final episode yet and I have no urge to either.

TidusYuna

I'd like to see the time period between The Last of US Part 1 and The Last of Us Part 2. Or maybe even some of the time period right after Joel lost Sarah. They should also develop Abby's character and her perspective early, picking up after Joel's hospital rampage. Hope they do a season or two instead of jumping directly into Part 2. Too early to go golfing imho. The Videogame had a lot more time to make us care about the characters in this world. But ultimately, lets see more infected, more close calls, and more action. I'd like to see Joel/Ellie Crafting and using more of the weapons from the game. Especially the Bow and Arrow for Ellie.

Last edited:
loved tlou, hated tlou2

i hope they re-write the entire plot. get rid of lev entirely while they are there

i know they will likely stick pretty close to it, so i'm destined for disappointment

Sho_Gunn

Banned
I think he is talking about the gay relationships.... Everything people don't like is "woke" nowadays, regardless of what it is and what woke actually means...
Dude probably shouldn't watch a show on HBO seeing how they have gay couples in almost every single one of their shows.

I dont think any one person holds the absolute definition of "wokeness"... having 01 full filler men gay episode shoehorned on to the series among other things can be pretty woke to some people .. or maybe the changes in joels and ellie characters can be seen as woke also... and there are the changes in casting races....really dont know ... but the elements of woke can be seen in almost every midia nowdays ... and surely are present in the series... and the fact that all this is becoming "normal" dosent automatically eliminate the fact that can be perceived as woke tropes by somepeople and not for others ...

I think he or I can find something woke and you and a bunch of people dont ... and both can be right in their subjective point of view
The definition of woke has changed in the last couple of years from "being aware" to "I hate what is being accepted into today's society"

Last edited:

radewagon

I want to see Ellie actually be a force to be reckoned with. At the end of the first game, Ellie can hold her own and is very much the product of Joel's "parenting." In the show, even at the end, she is still very dependent on Joel for survival. Ellie missing out on that growth is one of my biggest problems with the show.

unlurkified

Have more interactions of Abby and her friends, both before and after killing Joel. I thought the game did a pretty decent job of trying you to get to like Abby. Just more fleshing that out. Also, more flashbacks of Joel and Ellie’s relationship falling apart over her knowledge of what happened in part 1.

I think they should postpone telling the story from the second game for a couple of seasons. I want them to spend a season or two covering the time between the two games, as there is plenty of scope to add some really great stories (ala Bill & Frank)

It would be a mistake to 'catch up' with the source material and pull a game of thrones where the story is then no longer 'established' (although, with Craig Mazin being at the helm it would probably fare a lot better than D&D's best effort)

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
- Have Abby and her friends infiltrate Jackson, which was one of Neil's original ideas.
- One episode featuring Tommy.
The episode starts off with Tommy at the bridge and then goes into a long flashback with Joel, Tess, and Tommy and what happened after the outbreak. The episode will end with Tommy sniping WLF soldiers.

Mr Branding

Infected. Sometimes the show isn’t conveying the state the world is in reallly well.
Also, less filler episodes. So far, it’s a mid-show, 7/10 for me.

VulcanRaven

Laura Baley was one of the nurses in the final episode and Craig Mazin has said she could play another character because we didn't really get to see her face. I think she should still be the same character. She knows how Joel and Ellie look so she can help Abby.

Would be great to see these characters again for one scene:
the-last-of-us-odcinek-6-marlon-florence-1.jpg

Maybe Joel and Ellie convinced them to move to Jackson.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gp1

xrnzaaas

loved tlou, hated tlou2

i hope they re-write the entire plot. get rid of lev entirely while they are there

i know they will likely stick pretty close to it, so i'm destined for disappointment
If by re-writing the entire plot you mean pissing on Joel's character even harder, then yes - it's very likely. They've already started on this in season 1 by trying to making him look worse than in the game (weaker physically & mentally and generally being more ruthless).

Last edited:

Gp1

Better cinematography.

I think they should postpone telling the story from the second game for a couple of seasons. I want them to spend a season or two covering the time between the two games, as there is plenty of scope to add some really great stories (ala Bill & Frank)

It would be a mistake to 'catch up' with the source material and pull a game of thrones where the story is then no longer 'established' (although, with Craig Mazin being at the helm it would probably fare a lot better than D&D's best effort)

This,
There is something with the cinematography, color pallet, etc that fells off for me. I know it stayed true to the game but it didn't translated well to the screen.

Besides that, the second season could explore the first part of the second game and use the time better than the first one. Everything felt rushed in the first season.

Imho the best parts of the were exactly the parts that deviated from the game. Bill and Frank the flashbacks pre pandemic, etc. World building in general.

Give time to established a relationship between the characters and the viewers instead of killing every side character with half an hour of screen time.

Last edited:

Laieon

Rat King.

I'd also like to see more flashbacks that are unrelated to Joel and Ellie. Some of my favorite moments in 1 were stuff like seeing the outbreak start in Jakarta and the entire episode with Bill/Frank. I like that world building since I'm already familiar with the events of the game.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
All this show needs is more infected/more horror imo, Joel and Ellie are fantastically well realized, I really liked the show but it felt rushed and didn't give the characters room to breathe not to mention the total lack of infected in the latter half of the series.

Just for the love of god make S2 all about the lead up to Joel's death as the climax so fill the season with other stuff

I would be surprised if they didn’t save Joel’s death until the end of season 2. Need more time with Joel and Ellie for it to be as impactful as the game.
Make Abby more likable. She was difficult to give a shit about in the game and wasn’t a good friend to her crew. All of them dying fell flat for me so hopefully they can improve upon that in the show.
Utilize the Pacific Northwest scenery as much as possible. Overgrown Seattle and surrounding islands looked great in the game. Don’t cheap out, HBO! 😄

I shouldn't be surprised that people are still on the "recast Ellie" train after Bella fucking nailed it with a star-making performance in season 1, but here we are.

Pugh would be a great Abby, but as one of the hottest rising movie stars right now, I'm guessing she's not available (time-wise or financially) for a full series.

Game Abby always reminded me a lot of Brie Larson, which would be great because it would get the internet troglodytes even more pissed off than they'll already be.

StueyDuck

Just stick to the games story.

People need to get over being so pathetic and overly emotional about a video game or TV show.

Just simply dislike it or like it and continue on in life.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I would be surprised if they didn’t save Joel’s death until the end of season 2. Need more time with Joel and Ellie for it to be as impactful as the game.
Make Abby more likable. She was difficult to give a shit about in the game and wasn’t a good friend to her crew. All of them dying fell flat for me so hopefully they can improve upon that in the show.
Utilize the Pacific Northwest scenery as much as possible. Overgrown Seattle and surrounding islands looked great in the game. Don’t cheap out, HBO! 😄
Would be great to see more Joel but it will like in the game most likely. Maybe they add more flashbacks.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
More gore. More infected and less on the nose character development. But if season two goes in the same vein add a episode of 5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom