• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What you would like to see from Konami?

RAIDEN1

Another attempt at bringing out a games console, they were close to doing it in the 90s but pulled the plug fearing the "competition..."

VulcanRaven

Get PS Now and you can play all of these on PS4 & PC right now.

Otherwise I want to see Konami go bust and sell off their IPs. Fuck Konami.
Streaming is not the same. Also how the controls work with PS4 controller? It doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons.

Last edited:

Orenji Neko

From Konami? I would like to seem them revitalized and go back to doing what they used to do back in the day that made them awesome. So many incredible games on the NES, SNES, Genesis and beyond. Yes, I know that is unrealistic and will likely never happen. It's a damned shame too because I feel like if they played it smart, they could be something to video games again and still turn a profit that appeases whomever made the pachinko machine decision. I don't think bloated, AAA budgets are required to make good Contra, Castlevania, Suikoden, etc games; take a page out of Capcom's book like with Mega Man 11. If it's good, there is an old fan base that will buy it and I'm sure it would do well enough to turn a profit and justify the cost.

To me, bridges can be mended but they gotta pick up the tools and start doing it. I was a sore Mega Man fan for years, but was all too happy to buy the Mega Man and X collections, and I was there day one with Mega Man 11. If they can just simply offer me what I want, I will pay them for it and leave the sore spots of the past in the past. These upcoming collections are nice, and I will definitely get them, but I would love for them to be a first step and not a one off thing.

Acidizer

Banned
after the absolute abomination that was MG Survive I don't trust them to make new games. hell they had the greatest 3rd person shooter engine in history and they still balls'd it up like nobody's business. unless that was spite, that was pretty spectacular in its awfulness.

so i'll take a MGS collection HD from them and assume they can't do too much damage.

Last edited:

Aren117

Get PS Now and you can play all of these on PS4 & PC right now.

I want to play it with better quality. I still have my PS3 and my copy of MGS4, so I'd rather play there instead or wait for RPCSX3 to run it, if I want the already available experience. But I'm not touching PSNow.

ExpandKong

Banned
I want to see an actual attempt at a new MGS game. I’m pretty sure Survive was just an expensive, elaborate fuck-you from Konami to Kojima.

However you feel about Kojima (and I’ve made it obvious here how I feel about the guy lately), it’s pretty clear that whether MGS was holding him back or he was holding MGS back, the games suffered as a result. A new take with a new director, new team, etc. with no ties to Kojima could be the shot in the arm the franchise has needed for a long time.

Rising was the best Metal Gear since Snake Eater, and the game we got had very little to do with Kojima.

bosnianpie

Can someone who has experience in IP valuation explain what Konami has to gain by keeping their most beloved franchises on the shelf?

Take MGS for instance. Can the series really be worth more in 10 years by making Snake totally irrelevant for an entire generation of gamers?

I know we make fun of Konami and how they don't care anymore. But honestly now, they are a multi-million dollar company, they must have some kind of game plan?

kingbean

A way for me to play their amazing catalog on modern systems or on PC.

I want all Metal Gears and Castlevanias on PC dammit.

93xfan

Banned
The NES Contra made available. Why do we keep getting stuck with the shit arcade version?

Also, MGS 1 with updated graphics or at least a higher res, better frame rate and no texture warping. Twin Anakes does not count.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Honestly, I just want their shmups. That's the only part of their catalogue that I'd still buy (I am a huge MGS fan but won't give them a penny more over that franchise. I own the full series anyway).

TwinBee series, Gradius series, Salamander series, Axelay, Parodius Series, Xexex, Thunder Cross series, and Gyruss (am I forgetting any?)

These would be great to own as a part of an "Anniversary Collection" series, kind of like what SNK just did for their 40th anniversary.

Get the old Team Silent group back together and finally make a real Silent Hill 5, ignore absolutely everything after 4, like Capcom did with Devil May Cry.

Bring back Castlevania, IGA has already jumped ship, but there's still a lot you can do with the franchise.

Also, just for funsies, make a third Rumble Roses game lol.

OrionNebula

Sell their IPs to better companies and stick to gambling machines.

That’s my view, too

There’s not enough talent left in that team at that moment to do justice a lot of the gaming IPs they own - Silent Hill & Metal Gear first and foremost

If there ever was redemption for Konami, we’re definitely years and years away from it

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A shooter's collector's pack of remade games for $30. If you've played these games, you can beat each one in 15-20 minutes or less. So you got a solid hour's worth of nostalgic shooting with brushed up visuals.

- Contra 3
- Axelay
- Cybernator
- Jackal
- One of those side shooters like Gradius or Lifeforce

Last edited:

DonF

Just remake every good game on their catalog in the fox engine. MGS 1-4, silent hill, everything, contra, castlevania..

Also, pachinko.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Metal Gear 1 and 2 remakes need to happen.

Also the Castlevania guy said he has games left to do such as the 1999 one.

Who makes their business decisions? You would honestly think that Konami would understand the importance of every major IP they invested in. I'm aware that their franchises went downhill, but why let them die? They could learn from their mistakes, and actually try to redeem themselves through titles that fans want. No one cares about their other drivel.

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
Like every major software studio, I want to see Konami create something new, not just another wave of sequels or remakes of videogames from 20+ years ago that, frankly, were more fun to play the first time around.

It's a weird paradox that today's videogame industry has unbelievable God-like technology, and yet because of that, game budgets are bloated to astronomical levels, forcing a reliance on franchise sequels and endless reruns. Nobody can afford to take a risk anymore.

Give me a reason to put down my Saturn and Dreamcast controllers. And, no, "Prettier graphics" is not a good enough reason.

Top Bottom