• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': 1992 Ike Doges Edition

Completed:
Transistor - A decent game, very nice presentation, hella fun battle system, no clue what the plot was about. One and done deal.
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped - Finally beat this game not to long ago, kept procrastinating. This game had a lot of stages.
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos + Frozen Throne - Fun as hell replaying it again; will probably do another run in this winter.

Currently Playing:
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Replaying through the single player campaign as well as doing the FADS quests for Rift Crystals and quests I didn't do the first time around.

Considering:
Pokemon Red - Haven't played for a few months, I think I left off in Cerulean City and was probably grinding.
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - Since I beat Oracle of Seasons, considering replaying Oracle of Ages so I can finally do the bonus dungeon.
Devil May Cry 4 - Dante boss pissed me off so I put it on the side, will probably go back to the game soon enough.

The Flash

Banned
Super Time Force
Titanfall
Minecraft

About to play Alan Wake and Viva Piñata for the first time. Lot of people make a big deal about these games so might as well figure out what all the fuss is.

SiDCrAzY

ZoQL504.jpg

1AC2pfom.png

La-Mulana: Finally encountered my first "ok, that WAS pointlessly obtuse" puzzle in Hall of Illusion. I'm past that now and it's back to casing the joint.

Transistor: Got past the brutally unfun telltorial and the game got reaaaaaaaaaaal good again.

Dark Souls 2: Starting over with a melee now that I know I can bash/step/poison/poise/lightning everything.

Losing interest in Mario Golf: World Tour after about 40 hours. I only picked it back up to play the limited time tournaments to get items -- man are those coin-rush tourneys boring as hell to slog through. I'll pick it up from time to time for some online play, to finish getting all the moon coins and to try the next DLC stuff when it comes out. I just don't find it as rewarding to play as Hot Shots Golf... something about the camera angles being less intuitive or something, I dunno.

Playing Crosswords Plus on a 2DS I got on clearance for 50 bucks (!) at BJ's Wholesale on a tip from CAG. Pretty funny. I rode out and picked up a protective soft case for it, then promptly dropped the thing a few feet onto carpet and some of the paint rubbed off. Has a couple of bare white spots on the plastic now, the cheap thing :p Pretty happy because I was playing this game for several hours when I realized huh, I must really be getting my strength back! My arms had been really weak for a year-plus after getting some injection and I'd been pretty bummed about not being able to play much stuff. That will be remedied! The last time I tried playing something stylus based my hand cramped up really and was hurting after like 10 mins so yay.

Whatever the Virtua Tennis game is called on GBA. It's... okay. Playing it last night I was like, "Why am I not playing the Vita version I haven't tried yet?"

Next up: Really wanting to attack the beaucoup GBA cartage I procured several years ago when GameStop was getting rid of stock. I bought... way too many. First up will be Metroid Zero Mission. I'm wimping out and playing this instead of the NES version + pad of graphing paper nearby ;-). Hoping my el cheapo third party headphone adapters from HK will arrive pretty soonish for my SP+. I have no clue where I put my one I had years ago

FYC

Banned
Devil May Cry

z6TBylW.png

Eat shit, Space Mundus.

Hadn't finished DMD on the HD Collection. I think this game holds up very well. The bosses, enemies and level design are arguably the best the series has to offer(minus the clunky underwater missions, but they're incredibly short and easy). Playing through again on Dante Must Die and doing all the secret missions was tough as fuck, but extremely rewarding. It's been a long time since a game truly sucked me in. Hours flew by, but it only felt like minutes.

Goddamn, what a game. I'm thinking of replaying DMC2 now but...Hooooo booooooy...

my friend brought over a bunch of Cod.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops - We played some zombies, i was falling asleep while holding the controller.
Call Of Duty: Black Ops II - zombies.
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Some Horde mode? I forget what that mode is called but it was boring.

You should try Extinction in Ghosts if you haven't. It's surprisingly fun.

Lingitiz

MLB 14 (PS4)
Transistor (PS4)
Persona 3 Portable (Vita)
Gravity Rush (Vita)
Bioshock Infinite Burial at Sea Part 2 (PC)
Dark Souls 2 (PC)

Lots of varied things to play this weekend. Looking forward to enjoying the holiday.

maxcriden

Finished Kirby! What an excellent game. Really the 3DL to Return to Dreamland's 3DW, albeit with much less of a disparity in content between the two. Super fun and endlessly charming.

maxcriden

Second time really, first time I only got about halfway. Some of these puzzles man....

Yes I've cheated and looked some up on the internet.

It's a hard game, man! Some of the puzzles are just nigh-on-impossible without looking them up. This is my preferred site:

http://professorlaytonwalkthrough.blogspot.com/

Just in case you're using a different one. I've had the best luck with this one. Definitely avoid story spoilers if you can, there's some good stuff. The sidequests are a lot of fun, too, although one of them is pretty much impossible for me in that game, if I'm thinking of the right game and sidequests. FWIW the second game is my favorite of the three I've played, but they're all really fun. I would definitely recommend spacing them out a bit when you play them if you decide to play more of them after this one, I found it easy to get a bit burned out on them, even if every puzzle does supposedly have a solution! Great games, though. Very creative, unique and just a lot of fun.

SiDCrAzY

Yes, that's the website I've been using. Yup I got all the DS ones in my backlog, but don't plan on playing one after another.

I'll probably be moving on to Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga next.

maxcriden

Yes, that's the website I've been using. Yup I got all the DS ones in my backlog, but don't plan on playing one after another.

I'll probably be moving on to Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga next.

Sweet. That's a terrific game as well if you haven't played it. I love that series. I only played part of that first one, and only a tiny amount of PiT but I'm planning to play both soon. BiS and Dream Team are great, though.

mid83

Beat:

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) - I loved every minute of it. Great old school shooter feel, looks gorgeous and the story was actually engaging to me. A huge suprise hit for me personally as I couldn't have even told you this game was coming out a few weeks ago.

Playing:

Pokemon Y (3DS) - This is my first Pokemon game and I've slowly been playing the story mode over the past few weeks. I have six gym badges and just finished the Poke Ball Factory. I've suprisingly had a lot of fun with this (wasn't sure I would). I might even go back and play Black 1 and 2 at some point since I hear it's the most fleshed out story wise (for Pokemon at least).

Dragon Age: Origins (PC) - With Inquisition coming this fall, I figured it was time to clear out that DA:O and possibly DA2 backlog.

On Deck:

Watch Dogs (PS4) - It might not be until this upcoming weekend, but I'm excited to finally get a chance to play this.

Assassin's Creed 4 (PS4) - I've been on sequence 3 for about 3 or 4 months now. At some point I'll dive back in and finish this thing up.

Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) - I'm looking to pop this into my 3DS after I finish Pokemon Y. Other than playing Jeanne D'Arc a couple years back, I don't have much of a history with SRPG's so hopefully this is a good experience. I've heard nothing but good things so I'm excited.

Anth0ny

Gears of War 2
Legacy of Goku 2
Resident Evil 2
Pushmo

Trying to finish them before Watch Dogs tomorrow. And then trying to finish Watch Dogs before Mario Kart on Friday...

RiggyRob

Still on Nintendo Pocket Football Club (3DS) - I feel like that game needs a lot more love (although it isn't on the NA eShop, you got Rusty's Real Deal Baseball instead). It's very addictive, complex enough to have a lot of depth and micromanagement but not like 'playing a spreadsheet simulator' which I've often heard accused of the Championship/Football Manager series
which is kinda true, let's face it

I think that when I've reached the ultimate goal, which is to win the Pro League 1 title, the Federation Cup and the European Challenge Cup in one season, I'll get back into A Link Between Worlds.

Completed:
- Transistor

Currently playing:
-Dat summer college courses grind and...
-Monster Hunter 3U

Awaiting shipping notice:
-Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment (Asian version)

Stainless

I downloaded a bunch of classics through PSN. The only ones I have got to play so far are Soul Reaver, Suikoden and The Warriors. I played Soul Reaver when I was younger, but not the other two.

As a matter of fact, although I've played rpg's and mmorpg's, I've never played a turn based rpg like Suikoden. Once I figured out what was going on, it was pretty darn fun, I have to admit. I lost just over an hour of playtime because I couldn't figure out how to save the game, and we had to leave for the movies (Xmen) Plan to pick it back up this week in the evenings after work

jesu

I started Homefront tonight, the campaign is pretty good although short I hear.
It'll do me until I get Watch Dogs.

Rembrandt

Banned
Papers_Please_-_Title_Logo.png

Really should have played it before. Engrossing as hell, although as the game went on, I lost my connection to most of the people traveling through instead focusing on my family. Wrong date? DETAINED MUTHAFUCKA. Weight is wrong? DETAINED MUTHAFUCKA. Got taller? Guess what, DETAINED MUTHAFUCKA. If only I could detain people that say they're only going to be in town for 2 weeks but their entry pass says 3 months. Great game so far, though.

maxcriden

It was a really nice ending, though you see it coming way before the game ends. I kinda want to play the next one now, really charming game.

Oh, yeah. It is indeed charming. Are you doing the bonus puzzles at all? Some of them are insanely tough IIRC. I like the story of the second game a bit better overall, but both are pretty compelling I think.

SiDCrAzY

Oh, yeah. It is indeed charming. Are you doing the bonus puzzles at all? Some of them are insanely tough IIRC. I like the story of the second game a bit better overall, but both are pretty compelling I think.

I haven't collected all the necessary items to do all the bonus puzzles, I have tried some of them though. It's too hard. I find myself looking at the walkthrough too much which kinda defeats the purpose of even doing the bonus puzzles.

maxcriden

I haven't collected all the necessary items to do all the bonus puzzles, I have tried some of them though. It's too hard. I find myself looking at the walkthrough too much which kinda defeats the purpose of even doing the bonus puzzles.

Yeah, I've definitely come to that point myself at times. Some of those harder puzzles when you can beat them though are just really satisfying...plenty of them are obscenely hard, though! Anyway, enjoy M&L!

maxcriden

Played the first Dream Land in the Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection for the first time since I was a kid. It holds up pretty well but is a very short game. My wife and I traded off levels and probably beat it in 45 minutes. Of course as a kid I found it much harder. We didn't do NG+ but maybe we will at some point in the future. Went on to Dream Land 2 and it's significantly longer in comparison. I think we're in World 5 or 6. This one I don't think I've ever played and it's actually gotten pretty tough at points. The animal buddies are a lot of fun and we've only gotten one magic ocarina so far. Really fun game.

18-Volt

I got Transistor but haven't got a chance to start it yet. My home backlog is huge, and I don't think I'll have time for it any time soon. Can someone care to port this thing to Vita, please?

Anyway;
Lego Movie the Game (PS3) - About to finish. It's a tarditional Lego game, that's it.
Dark Souls II (PS3) - Yep, it's hard.
Fable Anniversary (360)
FF X-2 (Vita)
Demon Gaze (Vita)
Mario Golf (3DS)
Moon Chronicles (3DS) - Renegade Kid did a great job. Wish everybody was like that and cared for 3DS.

Been on a Final Fantasy kick this past week.

Picked up FF VII PC on the Amazon sale thingy almost finished with Disc 1.

Got back into FFX-2 HD on the Vita, I was initially down on this game but once I got used to the battle system I've really found myself to be enjoying my time with it.

And making slow and steady progress through FF V on my Nexus 5 while at my cubicle.

RM8

Mario Golf: World Tour
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Super Street Fighter IV AE
Kero Blaster
Super Monkey Ball Bounce
Kirby Triple Deluxe

Top Bottom