• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': Edition

hydruxo

Destiny 2 is all I've played the last few weeks. Probably gonna stay that way until end of October when AC Origins and Wolfenstein II come out.

gaiages

Banned
Let's see...

Fire Emblem Echoes - Act 4, I just finished up slogging Celica's team through the swamp. That was really a low point in terms of map design. I'm still really enjoying myself, and Mila's Turnwheel is a great addition.

Kirby's Epic Yarn - The last physical Wii game I need to beat before I can pack those away, so I started it. It's so relaxing, I really enjoy the cute style and the calm music.

Terra Battle 2 - My current "I'm bored and don't have access to anything else" game. It's interesting.

I'm planning on buying that Switch Picross game when it comes out, so I'll be playing that next week. :D

J_Viper

Evil Within: Going for a third play-through before the sequel hits, this time on PC

The port isn't too great. Even after I fixed the stuttering by removing the FPS lock, I'm still getting some nasty drops to the 30-40s when I my PC should be cruising through without a hitch.

As for the game, I'm still fascinated by it. For everything great about, there are two frustrating decisions that come close to undermining my enjoyment. But still, it's such a unique blend of horror and action that I find myself walking away with a positive verdict.

Wolfenstein - The New Order: Another replay before next game arrives

Man, that last iteration of idtech sure was junk.

Here's another game that gave me trouble on PC, mostly due to its ridiculous 60 FPS cap.

Thankfully, I was able to use idTweaker and remove the cap without an issue.

There's still so much to love about TNO. The level design, the length, the strong writing that's backed by an A+ voice cast, and, of course, the sweet, sweet gore.

Whenever I replay it though, I'm always disappointed in how weak the guns sound. The sight of Nazis being reduced to a bloody mush via akimbo assault rifles should be backed by roaring audio. Instead, the firearms here give off the sonic satisfaction of a pea shooter.

Even with that glaring flaw, I'd still place it near the top of this gens best shooters.

Finished Dishonored Death of the Outsider and Red Dead Redemption this week.

I'm about 12 hours into Final Fantasy 9 and still playing Destiny 2.

Also debating what game I should replay alongside those 2 and its between Dragon Age Origins and Oblivion.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
It's hot as hell where I live, even though it's technically fall today. I'm going to turn the AC down really low, close the blinds, and play Mei on the Overwatch free weekend.

KoolKing

SNES Shadowrun. Up to the Dark Blade part. My first time playing after thinking about picking it up for literally years. Really enjoying it so far.

Syf

Banned
WoW. I think it's been a week since I played anything else, and after the recent story datamine I'm too hyped for the next raid not to.

ghibli99

The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine (PC) -- Took a loooong break from TW3, but am back at it. Spent two sessions finishing a quest only to find out that it was just a sidequest. LOL This game spoils you that way, in that sidequests are as good as (if not better than in some cases) the main quest. Not sure how far into it I am, but I'm having a great time.

Steamworld Heist (PC) -- Just finished the first world, and wow, this game is so good! Really polished, great atmosphere, excellent visuals and music, and I like the mix of turn-based strategy with the easy-to-mess-up-if-you're-careless aiming. :) Had no idea what to expect, and I didn't touch this one for a long time because I don't like tactical strategy games, but after Mario + Rabbids, I think this was the perfect follow-up.

Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS) -- I think I'm about halfway through this, and I'm having a great time. It's interesting how quickly you get power-ups at a certain point in the game, but with each one, memories trigger in your brain about all the areas where you can now use them. The 360-degree aiming is terrific, and while a lot of folks are complaining that this isn't on Switch, I think the dual-screen setup works wonders for this, as it did in WWHD on Wii U and the DS Castlevania titles. It's nice not having to pause the game all the time to do various actions or look at a map.

HiroTSK5

3DS: Just Beat Pokemon Sun again and have started Pokemon Gold but I may put that on hold until later as apparently you can't transfer the Pokemon to Pokemon Bank until Ultra Sun and Moon come out.

PS4: Have been LTTP on Uncharted so I've gotten through the first two games and am currently playing the Third. Not going to lie, I really hate the shooting gallery sections but the set pieces in the second game were really something special.

Vita: Started Root Letter very slow start with a script that feels like it was translated literally so it comes off as really dull. May put this one on hold as DanganRonpa V3 and VA11 Hall-A come out next week.

GC: I have been playing Kirby's Air Ride off-and-on for the past couple weeks; just City Trial.

iOS: Kingdom Hearts X. They've removed their energy bar for the next week so I am just powering through the story mode.

I just finished Persona 5 after a hundred hours so I'm going to make a start on Metroid: Samus Returns now. I feel free but empty at the same time.

tootie923

Destiny 2 has cooled down for me this week now that I've done most activities with my Warlock. I'll make a Hunter as soon as the HDR patch hits.

Resident Evil 4 (PS4) - Getting the Professional trophy.

Hopefully getting to BotW after RE4 is done.

Clearos

Madden 18, been forever since I played a sports game.

Warframe, starting fresh on ps4.

PUBG - the old mom group back together on discord trying to shoot others.

Resident evil revelations 1 on PS4. I've got the campaign finished to completion--currently playing LOTS of raid mode and having a blast. Leveling up your character like an RPG the more you play is very rewarding.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Just finished Samus Returns, going to clean up and 100% it tomorrow. Felt so good to finally play a great Metroid again. And boy did this game ever look good in 3D.

Kaz407

Banned
Just picked up Monster Hunter Generations again with some friends a few weeks ago. I should have finished Persona 5 the week it came out but I dropped it. Hoping this time I've picked it back up for real.

pots555

Danganronpa 1-2 Reload. Want to get through them before getting the third one.
Dishonored Death of the Outsider. Will start it tomorrow.
The Witcher 3 complete edition. Just got back to it after a year long break. Just arrived in Skellidge.

And lots more in the backlog!

Nosgotham

i am setsuna on switch.
im really into this game. good or bad its a classic style rpg. i dig the story a lot so far.

im also going to try and beat the main boss on Quest of Dungeons. i got to him and died after an hour and a half run and i barely died...i mean a sliver of health. im bitter about it.

maaaaaybe dragon ball z xenoverse 2. maybe

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
PUBG when my friends want to, Divinity 2 otherwise. I also got Uncharted Lost Legacy yesterday and put a couple of hours into it but I'm not feeling it like the fully fledged games, I'll go back to it once I'm done with Divinity 2.

Kwixotik

Last game I beat was The Witcher 3. I was going to do Blood & Wine immediately after, but I got the bad ending and was pissed about it so it's on the shelf for now.

About to beat Planescape Torment EE this weekend.

And I think I'm like halfway through Valkyria Chronicles, but I'm not often in the mood to play it.

DTJAAAAM

Fire Emblem Heroes. Grinding characters on the new special maps and waiting for the new Tempest Trials to start at midnight.

stn

Just Destiny 2 lately. I want to beat the campaign before I start grinding for loot with friends.

Falchion

Destiny 2 and getting back into Uncharted Lost Legacy. I'm at the point in Destiny where I'll just do weekly stuff so I can resume playing other stuff.

Top Bottom