• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatever happened to...

Blackie

Ages of empires 3? I was a hardcore AOE 1 and 2 addict, but after years of playing and replaying those games to death I'm starting to fiend for a sequel.

Did I miss some announcement years ago that would clear things up? Are there any rumours about possible sequels? I haven't heard a single new thing said about this series for years.

retardboy

Wasn't there some game that was like... almost the same as AoE that was made by some of the original creators after they left or something? Was that Rise of Nations?

Alex

I think you're thinking of Empire Earth, but I can't remember anymore...

Isn't RoN just from another Microsoft Stuido?

The last Ensemble RTS was Age of Mythology (and expansion), as far as I can remember at least, although it's fairly likely given my lack of PC gaming over the past few years that they threw something else out.

Or hell, went bankrupt or anything else. :p I'm so out of it.

I was a huge fan of AoE2 also, but AoM rocked it. Still my favorite RTS, personally.

retardboy

Oh you're right! Empire Earth! Now I remember. Haha just checked up on it... Wow... I didn't even know they came out with a second one. Heh, haven't played PC games for ages. Anyone know if Empire Earth II is good?

Oh never mind. It's not even out yet.
Maybe you'll like that? It's very similar to AoE... I liked the first. Next one comes out early next year I think.

retardboy

Hmph, read a little more... Guess the developer of Empire Earth moved on and made a game called Empires: Dawn of the Modern World which already came out. You might want to try that since it's made by one of the lead designers of AoE and it's the same type of game. It looks nice from the screen shots I've seen and it seems to have gotten good reviews.

Top Bottom