• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats Phil Spencer's master plan for this gen?

MB1

Banned
While Sony has to sell as many consoles as possible, it's all about the Game Pass and getting as many subscribers as possible for Microsoft.
I think Microsoft will go all in with the console prices, because they know they won't sell as many consoles as Sony. So they can afford a loss on every console while it would hurt Sony. And if Sony is more expensive Microsoft wins too, because launch price>all.
Sony was willing to eat around $250 for every PS3 when it launched. I'm just shocked that after 2013 where the Xbox E3 was about sports & tv they went all in on their own version of GameFly. Yeah it's nice to be able to play any game but gamers are looking for the Big 3 console makers to provide excellent games first and foremost.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
Sony was willing to eat around $250 for every PS3 when it launched. I'm just shocked that after 2013 where the Xbox E3 was about sports & tv they went all in on their own version of GameFly. Yeah it's nice to be able to play any game but gamers are looking for the Big 3 console makers to provide excellent games first and foremost.
Everyone has different tastes. Avowed is my kind of game. Naught dog makes my kind of games. Inexile next AAA Rpg will speak to me. We all like different shit. You might not like Microsoft's games that is cool. I like a lot of their stuff. I like a lot of Sonys stuff ghosts of tsushima was good. It just happens i can play Microsoft stuff for a good price with gamepass. So series x first then ps5 slim later.

levyjl1988

Banned
I buy Xbox not for the exclusives but for the third party games to be honest. Xbox 360 was honestly the last best home console. Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect Trilogy, Dead Space, Halo 3, Reach, 4, so many memories.
Not many this gen compared to before....

RayHell

Sorry Xbox console fan but you are only a fraction of the plan.
They are only making a cheap entry ticket to their real big plan: Gamepass.
But the real target isn't Sony or Nintendo. It's Steam and Epic store. They want to capture the 700 millions PC gamers market by making them pay a subscription.
And how you do that ? The Netflix way. Buy a bunch a Studio and make them produce games that will only be available on their platform.

Even if Halo turns out looking like crap who cares, Gamepass is still a very good value.

Last edited:
Top Bottom