• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best candy? And why is it Seasonal Reese's Cups?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
7y7GG3i.jpg

Why?!

Because the peanut butter to chocolate ratio skews more towards that glorious peanut butter, that's why.

Reese's minis are just a shitty sampler of the quality that these seasonal delights have to offer.

Reese's with little bits of shit in 'em? Fine...just keep feeding me that peanut butter.

Big cup? I mean, alright, but now you're just getting more chocolate in the way of that peanut butter and thats not why I buy you.

How does any other candy even try and compare?! Why even try?

If a Reese's Cup ran for president, it would win every time.

Grinchy

Banned
Those Reeces eggs really are the best ones. I wish they were around all year because I never remember to buy them when they're around.

For common candies, I've always been fond of Werther's Original for some reason.
They make soft caramels that are so good that I can't buy them or else I'll devour a whole bag.

Last edited:

lil puff

I appreciate the rare light-hearted thread, so 1st thanks for that.

^Grinch you need to go to your drug store on Nov1 or the day after Easter to get those 75% sales!

I prefer either the big cup or the 4 pack. But for the big cup, I had wondered if the ratio of chocolate to peanut butter is the same, or is it the same layer of chocolate with more filling?

I was not impressed by the Reeces Cup with the bits of Reese's pieces in it. Somehow that faux peanut butter in the pieces tastes different.

RubxQub

Those Reeces eggs really are the best ones. I wish they were around all year because I never remember to buy them when they're around.
They always find some random way to introduce the one true god among candy.

Christmas? Christmas Tree Reese's!
Football Season? Football Reese's!
Halloween? Pumpkin Reese's!

These are all just the same beautiful peanut butter to chocolate ratio machines as the Eggs.

I appreciate the rare light-hearted thread, so 1st thanks for that.

Too much politics, gender identify and racial stuff going on man. We need to talk about having sex, eating sweet food, random encounters with strangers and movies more here I think.

I prefer either the big cup or the 4 pack. But for the big cup, I had wondered if the ratio of chocolate to peanut butter is the same, or is it the same layer of chocolate with more filling?

I was not impressed by the Reeces Cup with the bits of Reese's pieces in it. Somehow that faux peanut butter in the pieces tastes different.
I think they kept the ratio pretty similar in the big cups, but by making them bigger, that top layer of chocolate just feels like biting into way too much chocolate for my tastes. Like the Reese's chocolate isn't really worth writing home about...it's fine...but I'd never eat it if they sold it alone.

The "shit in the Reese's Cup" variety of things are weird to me. I tried them all and initially I really liked them, but overtime they seemed to taste worse the more I went back to the well and now I'm back on El Classico.

RubxQub

Just plain ol' Freia Milk Chocolate. Simple, but soooo good.
I feel like just straight milk chocolate like this lends itself best to just letting it slowly melt in your mouth and feeling that rich creamy chocolate spread over your tongue. Pushing it against the roof of your mouth.

Feeling the coarse texture slowly turn to a perfectly smooth present in your mouth.

Yeah I could fuck with some straight milk chocolate like this.

How would you compare this Freia brand against anything in the US? Any idea?

lil puff

I usually like the stuff no one else does such as:

Whoppers (chocolate malted milk balls)
Candy Corn
Green Jelly beans
Licorice Jelly beans
Tootsie Rolls
PayDay (which is weird because other than Reeces, I don't like peanuts in candy)

RubxQub

You lost me so hard and then won me back with the PayDay. PayDays are the shit.

Grinchy

Banned
Agrred that reeses are GOAT, when the eggs or pumpkins arent around, these arent too shabby

reeses-pieces-cup-fwx_10202017113608.jpg
I love the two of those things separately, but combined, I think they are disgusting. I don't know what it is, but I gag thinking about those.

How would you compare this Freia brand against anything in the US? Any idea?

I have no idea, but I generally prefer it to foreign chocolate, though most continental european chocolate tends to be good. From what I've seen of Americans tasting it, they've called it smooth, rich and creamy and less sugary. I've seen a YouTube video where some australians compared it to Lindt.
I just know that there's two things I miss when abroad, and that's Norwegian chocolate and bread.

To add more to the thread, my wife loves these (literally called "Easter Eggs" and they come out at spring, around easter), although I think they're too much. (It's a chocolate egg with creamy white chocolate butter or something inside)

high_ta40cf4d.jpg

DiscoJer

The best candy is fruit sours. Basically round balls, same size as a jawbreaker, but soft and filled with intense fruit flavor. Unfortunately, they are difficult to come by. When I was a lad, Sears at the local mall had like a deli counter, but it was all different types of candy. I used to get it there. But then they took it out as the 80s came to an end and the world because a much worse place in general.

But fast forward about 25 years, I was in a farm supply store for some reason and they had a section full of old fashioned candy. And they had fruit sours. And they are as delicious as I remembered. But the catch is they are almost always sold out of them.

RubxQub

Reeeses eggs aren't even the best Reeses brand candy, that honor goes to Reeses Fast Break.
Nutrageous would like to have a word with you... the OG Reese's alternative candy bar man!

Ebele

this was actually the best chocolate bar ever but it was only a promotional item for the 2005 movie :(
pQiMrVB.jpg

Top Bottom