• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best dish that involves chicken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo C.

hainanese_chicken_rice

Hainanese chicken rice.

Rice flavoured using the chicken stock, soup prepared with the chicken stock, and then the tender, juicy chicken which can mixed chilli, ginger and sweet soya sauce. Basically chicken everything.

So goddamn good.

+Yeah.

My choice:
Poulet im Körbli, the sauce is the secret.

Tikka Masala (add rice & naan)

chicken-tikka-masala1.jpg

Roast chicken with lemon juice and rosemary (with roast potatoes, brocolli, green beans, stuffing and gravy, instead of the rubbish in this photo)

Roast-chicken-hero-630x300.jpg

Fried and smothered in Pomodoro sauce, preferably with oiled & baked new potatoes, brocolli and green beans

Ají de Gallina (chili pepper chicken)
This is a shredded chicken dish in a spicy sauce flavored with cheese, garlic, nuts and Peruvian chili peppers. Served with potatoes and rice.

451897.jpg

Peruvian cuisine representin'

I said goddam. I'll be trying this at some point.

edbrat

how the hell could i forget classic roast chicken, butter under breast skin, season with garlic / salt / pepper / lemon, make gravy from pan scrapings.

andymcc

Banned
hainanese_chicken_rice

Hainanese chicken rice.

Rice flavoured using the chicken stock, soup prepared with the chicken stock, and then the tender, juicy chicken which can mixed chilli, ginger and sweet soya sauce. Basically chicken everything.

So goddamn good.

one of my absolute favorite dishes.

I like karaage for chicken more than katsu style. Tonkatsu (pork katsu) is the best katsu.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Been eating this since Tuesday...

Everyday it gets 1 day older, it gets more DELICIOUS

!

KHQA1l.jpg

(Chicken Biryani)

Legs + Thighs (10 pieces), 10-12 Boneless Chicken Cubes, Potatoes + Rice & Masala... YUM!

Osietra

Banned
One of the first known references to roast chicken was actually in the bible: Jesus was talking to a roman guard about what he'd have for his last meal or supper, and he actually chose roast chicken, though I think he described it more prosaic flowery prose.

The Romans also had bread sauce and gravy.

/Thread
With curry chicken in close second

And as much as I love various Indian and Thai chicken curries, I have to go with Caribbean Jerk chicken cooked outside on a grill with fried plantains and rice and beans. I had that meal prepared for me by some native Jamaicans at a world music festival, and it's probably the most memorable BBQ chicken I've ever tried. They also served jerk red snapper wrapped in banana leaves, and it was incredible.

-KRS-

I'd love to eat more indian food, like tikka masala. I love it. But it's always really expensive where I live. A regular meal at an indian restaurant here costs like $15-$20. And it's not even fancy restaurants or anything, it's basically fast-food quality, perhaps a little better. There aren't any actual good-quality indian restaurants here at all. So I never eat it. :(
In comparison, most other fast-food quality meals around here are about $4-$8, even other asian foods like Thai food. Now that I think about it, most asian food here is treated like fast-food in general for some reason. It's a shame.

Nocebo

I'd vote for Tiki Masala or this:
hoBFB.jpg

Sichuan style chicken.
It has green and red bell peppers, a chili pepper, onion, and cashew nuts with a sweet & sour sauce mixed in. Together with the chicken, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom