• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best FromSoft game now?

What's the best FromSoft game now?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 22 4.3%
  • Dark Souls

Votes: 38 7.4%
  • Dark Souls II

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Dark Souls III

Votes: 14 2.7%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 164 32.0%
  • Sekiro

Votes: 38 7.4%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 178 34.7%
  • Otogi 1/2

• Lost Kingdoms 1/2

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Metal Wolf Chaos

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • An Armored Core game

• A King's Field game

Votes: 12 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.0%

• Total voters

John Bilbo

I have played many of their games but it is hard to say which one is the best.

From games flow together like tracks on a Pink Floyd album.

Killer8

Are people really still having this much problem with the PC version?

I had the stuttering issues for an hour or 2 tops, with the worst being on the Tree Sentinel boss, have about 100 hours logged now, and it's been quite a long time since I've even thought about it.

I'd say 95% of the time it's fine, but then I have pauses of the whole screen for a second. It's not just normal micro stutter. It seems to happen most often when i'm fighting bosses or a large mob, sometimes pausing like that 3-4 times in a row. I've been killed so many times because of it. Some people have the issue and some don't even with seemingly identical PCs.

110 hours into Elden Ring and platinum'ed. Likely my GOTY. But i don't think i'll play it again. It's too much time with the traveling/horse riding/map gracing. If i were still a care free teenager i think this type of freedom would be incredible. This is probably the "modern approach" that generates the most discussion/social media content. Good for FROM.

But like many others per the poll, i prefer Bloodborne. Pick it up and finish it in a few hours. Intense and concentrated. High quality all around.

Demons souls 2009 was special though. Won't ever forget how awesome it was trying to figure the world out for the first time.
tibia still game of the generation though. sell bp hmm thais no travel

the_master

Otogi for me, followed by Bloodborne.

I wish they made a new iteration of each. Specially Otogi. More people would get to enjoy them today

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
The Armored Core series and MWC are the best things they have put out

Bloodborne's framerate + console wars fanboy hype = 99 votes....

Bloodborne coz of how so far out there it went. Nightmare Realm is still the most fucked up place. Caelid is a close second though

Bragr

Banned
Casuals: Bloodborne
People who only played one FromSoftware game: Elden Ring
Real players: Sekiro
Idiots: King's Field

Koenigssee

For the world-building, combat and unparalled atmosphere : Bloodborne
For the story and NPCs: Dark Souls II SoTFS.
The music ? Evergrace.

CosmicComet

Never heard of Lost Kingdom. Apparently it's a gamecube game. I didn't have that system.

I enjoyed Evergrace and Eternal Ring as janky as they were. If we are including lesser known titles they should be on the list.

Anyway, Elden Ring is the best.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Bloodborne still king on the pure gameplay front. Still my favorite, but desperately needs a PS5 update.

CosmicComet

Acquire was the developer for the vast majority of the Tenchu series relevancy.

It's a bizarre thing to see it being credited as From Software creation. Even if they own the IP now, there is barely any link at all there.

Ceadeus

They’ve really only published Tenchu in Japan. Pretty sure the only Tenchu game FromSoftware actually developed is Shadow Assault. Unless that’s what you mean?
Oh really , all this time I thought they were more involved than this. They acquired the rights of Tenchu though right?

I'm confused, I mixed stuff up when they were saying that Sekiro might have been Tenchu reboot. Since then, I've somehow always believed they were involved with the past titles.

Shifty

Sekiro.

While character building is a fine thing in its own right, I'll take a tight fixed-parameter game over it any day of the week.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to meditate under a waterfall with the other 26 individuals enlightened enough to have voted for it. Ohmmmm.

Alex11

Sekiro.

While character building is a fine thing in its own right, I'll take a tight fixed-parameter game over it any day of the week.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to meditate under a waterfall with the other 26 individuals enlightened enough to have voted for it. Ohmmmm.
Although I`ve put it over Sekiro,I think Elden Ring has much more flaws.I could easily swap and put Sekiro before Elden,it is such an underaprecciated game,the combat is so impactfull ,the bosses so unique and different.
I`m so glad when I see other people rate so high Sekiro and recognize it`s strenghts.

Last edited:

Elog

Really close call between Sekiro and BB for me. They are far and beyond the two best games FromS has made.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

For me Dark souls is unmatched so far.

Bloodborne is a also masterpiece.

Elden ring is too fresh for me to judge it fairly but it's an extremely impressive game (the size and amount of content, art design and the level design is stellar in some dungeons). I think I prefer the more contained experience of previous titles but it's a masterpiece in the genre.

After my recent replay of Sekiro, I can say it's a masterpiece of action game. Combat and art/level design are amazing.

FromSoft are masters of their arts and hope it continues for years.

Last edited:

Fredrik

the fps is 99% stable 30 in BB.
Freamepacing is overblown...
Do you have some motion plus thing or something activated on your TV that could help smooth it out?
I installed the game to double check after you said this awhile back. My experience going from Demon’s Souls to Bloodborne; The framepacing issues are constantly there and the framerate is too low. Nothing is overblown imo, quite the opposite.

rofif

Banned
Do you have some motion plus thing or something activated on your TV that could help smooth it out?
I installed the game to double check after you said this awhile back. My experience going from Demon’s Souls to Bloodborne; The framepacing issues are constantly there and the framerate is too low. Nothing is overblown imo, quite the opposite.
no I don't.
I also compared and 30fps in BB feels much snappier and playable than 30fps in Demons Souls for me.... of course not comparable to 60 in des.

im no FromSoft fanboy. so i can be objective.

i've only played Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Demons Souls remake & Elden Ring.

i think the original Dark Souls is best. and Bloodborne being the worst

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
Bloodborne being the worst
Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN
Mario Mean GIF

Last edited:

DavidGzz

You know Elden ring is special when it's tied with a Sony exclusive on this forum. Even if it were close, the 30fps, frame pacing, and jaggy city should hold it back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom