• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best knock-off game console?

Luigison

I stumbled upon http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/16-ridiculous-knock-game-consoles today and wondered if any of them were any good. I seem to remember some positive comments about the Game Theory Admiral, but I might be mistaken. I know I've had some NES multicarts that were pretty good, but I've never tried a knock off system.

So, what is the best (and worst) knock off game system?

For this thread please include consoles like the FC Twin. I'm interested in a system for my 5-year-old daughter to play our old NES/SNES and GBA games on.

The Battman.
battman.jpg

So good even Ikea has it.

ss_lemonade

Near my place at a local mall, they've got so many PSP knockoffs like the ESP, KSP, PVP etc. that's its hard to keep track of who's who lol.

Oldest one I remember was the Polystation. Now that thing was wicked, looked like a playstation from the outside but open the disc tray and surprise, a famicon cartridge slot lol!

Near my place at a local mall, they've got so many PSP knockoffs like the ESP, KSP, PVP etc. that's its hard to keep track of who's who lol.

Oldest one I remember was the Polystation. Now that thing was wicked, looked like a playstation from the outside but open the disc tray and surprise, a famicon cartridge slot lol!

Holy shit, haha.

PolyStation_NES_clone.jpg

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Funny I was just looking at all those fake consoles on dealextreme last night. No idea who buys that stuff.

imagine growing up in a poor country as a kid where all your friends had Super Megason and Battman and you had nothing to play but a stick from a tree in the backyard :(

Falcs

Banned
Do these actually play games? As in real games? Like can that WiNi play Wii games or does it have it's own collection of games?

Ashens' Polystation reviews are why I am subscribed to him, and I've been enjoying a lot of his other product reviews.

With that said, Polystation is the champion of coming up with a bunch of needlessly large plastic shells to hold what's almost a stand alone screen (most of which suck and tend to not work properly, based on the reviews).

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Is this thread real life?

These are amazing, I need to see these things in action. More YouTube videos please!

Top Bottom