• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best portable media player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I returned my iRiver H320 in favor of buying the H340, 20 gigs was not enough for me so I needed to upgrade.

Since apparently every single store in my area has banned 40 gig iRivers, (they aren't sold out, stores just don't carry them), I figured I'd buy the next best thing. The PMP-120
iriver_pmp-12020gb_silber_1.jpg

Unfortunately I hate the interface and 20 gigs is still too small, yet no stores carry the 40 gig version of any iRiver... so... I'm seeking alternernatives.

What is the best portable media player with 40+ gigs with the most features?

BECAUSE ELECTRONICS STORES ARE BOUGHT BY iPOD.

Stores carry the iRiver, but none of the stores I've called or looked at online even carry 40 gig models of HD iRiver media players or H300s. They carry all types of iPods, but only the 20 gig versions of the iRiver HD players.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Fry's seems to have every brand of MP3/media player I can think of.

Grimlock

I'm afraid not. Their retail website is Outpost.com, but unfortunately BB currently has the best deal on the 20gig variant for the time being, anyhoo.

Theoretically, you could get an H340 and flash it via methods detailed on the misticriver.net forums to play video files, but that could be a half-baked solution with a 2 inch screen.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
y not just order one online?

fumbduck

Banned
i hear the archos av420-80 series is the best one out there right now, you can record from any source without worrying about any copy protection, even acts as a dvr. id get one if i had the money and if my mother didnt beat me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom