• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the fastest you noped the f' out of a film?

Every time they start speaking French and I realize it's a French film. Those guys can't make films for shit.

Now now before you squeal and grunt, they make some great series. I love French period dramas. But feature length films? Ha ha, hell no.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
For me probably The Death Of Stalin. Downloaded it thinking it might be fun - lots of good people involved in it. Honestly me and the wife were bored shitless and 30 minutes in we finally gave in and binned it. I'd like those 30 minutes of my life back.

Stouffers

Banned
I’ve only walked out of one movie: Thin Red Line was just absolute garbage and after woody’s woody was blown off, I just stood up, straightened my shirt TNG style, and exited the theatre.

Mossybrew

I’ve only walked out of one movie: Thin Red Line was just absolute garbage and after woody’s woody was blown off, I just stood up, straightened my shirt TNG style, and exited the theatre.

My friend and I saw that in the theater back in the day. We ended up just laughing and riffing jokes at the movie. Afterwards a lady outside the theater accused us of ruining her experience. I felt kinda bad, but we were two young dickheads powered by vodka so I laughed at her too. I dunno, maybe I need to watch that flick again when I am in a dreamy, poetic mood or stoned out of my mind, but fuck if it was totally not what we were expecting.

-Troid-

Banned
That Holmes and Watson movie with Will Farell. It was the least funny movie I've seen in a long time and the only reason I saw it was because I was at friend's house and he wanted to watch it not knowing anything about it. I had to sit through like 75% of it before he passed out from being tired and/or drinking and then I turned it off.

Dark Star

Went "theater hopping" with my sister in 2010...

91cFj6P4wML._SL1500_.jpg

Noped out of this 4% Rotten Tomatoes garbage after like 5 minutes lol.

TUROK

Not finishing movies is for noobs.

That said, I fast forwarded through Case 39 cause I was bored as hell by it.

etp_1

Hellraiser...i was ~10 years old.

These days i dont go to the movies anymore...the last "newish" movie i have seen and was very bored and annoyed of was Jupiter Ascending, but i watched it anyway.

GreyHorace

Alexander - It's not all bad, but by the middle it became a slog to watch through. Noped out midway and never looked back. And let's not forget the total miscasting of Colin Farrell.

Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life - Watched this with my friends at a theater. Noped out midway because it was so goddamn boring and I just didn't give a fuck.

The Banquet - 2006 wuxia film starring Zhang Ziyi. Like Tomb Raider, I noped out midway because I just didn't give a fuck about the story nor the characters.

LMJ

The cinematic abortion of the Lorax, got to the first song and was like "nope I'm out"

Couldn't have missed the animated short or books somber and cautious tone if they had started the film with the words WE KILLED ALL THE TREEEEEEES!

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I couldn't make it past the first couple of minutes of The Pest. It very nearly destroyed me...

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I rthink i walk out of Sarah marshall and elysium
Elysium is on TV right now. Never seen it or even know what it's about. Is it that bad?

Edit: oh crap it's a Blomkamp film. I don't like his sci-fi style. Can't believe people wanted him to do Halo stuff beyond his short. Too grimey and depressing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom