• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the funniest game you've played?

Domisto

So I recently played through Jazzpunk, which is ridiculously silly and even though it's short and easy I spent longer than expected exploring every level and just hanging out drinking cyanide at the pool bar. It was one of the most consistently intentionally funny games I've played in ages. And comedy ain't easy to pull off. So I know loads of you will have hated it.

What have you found funny? Don't have to been full blown comedies, just games with lots of funny moments or situations.

petran79

Banned
Fiendish Freddy

Fiendish%20Freddys%20Big%20Top%20O%20Fun_8.png
CaringJovialHartebeest-poster.jpg
fiendish_freddy_s_big_top_ofun_mindscape_11.gif
Fiendish%20Freddys%20Big%20Top%20O%20Fun_1.png
Fiendish_Freddys-3.png
Fiendish%20Freddys%20Big%20Top%20O%20Fun_4.png
331998-fiendish-freddy-s-big-top-o-fun-dos-screenshot-fiendish-freddy.png

Iaterain

No Ones Live Forever I and II.
One of the greatest, ambitious and funniest game series ever created.
I want the third one so badly but from what I've heard it is impossible :(
no-one-lives-forever-2-cate.png

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
Probably anyone of the Ace Attorney Games, I cant be the only one who purposely answers choices incorrectly to get a hilarious reaction, right?

155020j.jpg

molasar

Banned
Conker's Bad Fur Day

others:
games based on Beavis and Butt-Head franchise
The Neverhood
Skullmonkeys
ClayFighter 63⅓
Earthworm Jim 1+2

Last edited:

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
Funniest videogame I ever played is Conker’s Bad Fur Day, which is chock full of hysterical comedy bits. The first time I saw the “Great and Mighty Poo” I had to hit the pause button just to catch my breath from laughing so hard. The humor is terrific, well acted and perfectly timed.

Silver Medal goes to Panic/Switch on Sega CD. It’s a wildly surreal Sega CD game where you make your way through an endless array of situations, like sitting in a room, riding an elevator or walking through a museum. There are a series of buttons to press, and when you press one, something very goofy and weird happens. It has a Monty Python vibe and is definitely a product of its era.

Bronze Medal goes to the badly misnamed, but wildly inventive Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures. You play as a helper to Pac-Man by pointing him in directions you want him to look or walk. Oh, and you can also pelt him with rocks from a slingshot. This game is really Duck Amuck, where the goal isn’t to solve puzzles or reach goals, but to torment and ruin Pac’s life by sending him crashing into a million cartoon gags. It’s a great AI experiment and is hilarious for those who like to goof off. Ya know, the players who’d turn on Super Mario 64 and waste all their time doing cannonballs into the moat and sliding down the bannisters.

theHFIC

Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers is a comedy game classic for me with all of its levels of parody at the time.

Sam and Max Hit the Road is a close second from that era.

Recently, Accounting+ on PSVR really had me laughing during a couple of the scenes in the game. Namely if you hold the brick too long in the one scene that involves a brick.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Probably anyone of the Ace Attorney Games, I cant be the only one who purposely answers choices incorrectly to get a hilarious reaction, right?

155020j.jpg
This series is so good.

Or Skate 3. Something about slapstick crashes with ragdoll physics gets me laughing.

Kazza

Probably the first Monkey Island.

I would have said this as well until I played my first Yakuza game a couple of years back. Some of the stories are just hilarious (the one where you end up fighting tough yakuza dressed up as babies is one of the best). I have a big grin on my face whenever I'm playing a Yakuza game.

That said, I plan on replaying one of the Monkey Island games this Christmas, so I'll see how they hold up.

Tons of classic point and click adventures fit this bill.

Just because nobody mentioned it yet, and may not, I'm going to say Super Paper Mario. That game was funny, well written, had great charm and was really fun.

JoduanER2

Conker, the xbox version (live and reloaded or something), i remember the part with the cogs, hilarious, and south park the first one (stick of something), the second one sucks

Shotpun

Probably Monkey Island 2, but most of the 90's LucasArts adventures made me laugh all the time. If I would have to pick a game not from LucasArts I guess Fallout 2 would be the one, as dark and depressive it can be it's also is one of the most hilarious games I've ever played.

JLB

Banned
As a huge FIFA fan, this trophy goes to ps2 Winning Eleven. Just too much fun at the right time.

Orta

Banned
MDK2 was quite juvenile throughout. Think there was one level you had to make it to the top on an enormous chasm via moving platforms, only to be followed the whole way up by a group of really rowdy aliens crammed into a tiny open top shuttle who goaded your every attempt and then drunkenly cheered and fist pumped every sucessful jump you made. They looked and sounded ridiculous but took the edge off a savagely difficult section.

When you finally got to the top you could blow the shit out of them as they put up no fight whatsoever.

Last edited:

Makariel

Intentionally funny : the secret of monkey Island

Unintentionally funny : playing street fighter 4 the first time on the couch with two cousins of mine. We didn't know many of the characters so set both player characters as random at first, with the winner needing to stay on his char for the next round until being beaten. Round one dudley wins, round two random challenger is dudley, next round the random challenger is... dudley. By that time we were all rolling on the floor with laughter. Also didn't help that with dudley every button seemed to do the same thing, since he only punches. This game is now known as dudley fighter 4 among my friends and family.

Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga on GBA had me laughing a lot. I was very surprised at that since games generally aren't exactly high on comedy that really make me laugh out loud.

Fbh

I like south park and the stick of truth perfectly captures the humor of the show so it's definitely up there . Have yet to play the new one.

I also really like the first half of Portal 2

And Wonderful 101 is great too. Hats off to the localization team on that one since I think the humour could have been easily lost on a bad translation / localization

Last edited:

Aenima

The Curse of Monkey Island must be one of my favorites comic games. Most of LucasArts graphic adventures are really funny.

Right now what makes me laught are most of the side content in Yakuza games, Yakuza 0 is especially funny.

Mr Hyde

Broken Sword 1 & 2 are pretty funny, though they are mostly charming. Anything with Ron Gilbert or Tim Schafer, like Monkey Island, The Cave, Day of the Tentacle, Deathspank. Overall, humor in games are pretty hard to come by. There are some jokes here and there, but full fledged comedy seems to be pretty rare.

Top Bottom