• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite STAR WARS spaceship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebeeks

Banned
A-wings, now and forever.

g9UsF6u.gif

PBalfredo

I have a large appreciation on the Corellian freighter variants. The Otana, Ghost and Outrider. The Otana is a hell of a brawler in a firefight, I love the Ghost's B-17 inspired design and the Outrider is just damn slick. I think actually like them more than the Falcon itself.

The Ebon Hawk also has a cool design, but it is part of the larger problem I have with KOTOR era tech being matching OT tech better than stuff in the Clone Wars, despite being 4000 years beforehand.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Too many to list, lots all ready mentioned but favorite has to be

Buick5.jpg

the Buick Electra ;P

I always liked the LAAT since I started playing the original Battlefront.

LAATi_swtcw.jpg

71845eb708064761ae6991e7f4a6f025.jpg

The one thing I've always admired about that design is how it incorporates the function and layout of lots of modern military aircraft (including transport helicopters like the UH-1 Iroquois "Huey" and UH-60 Black Hawk, attack helis like the AH-1 Cobra, and smaller transport planes like V-22 Osprey minus the tilt rotars) yet still has that undeniable Star Wars look.

Entropy912

Neo Member
Imperial shuttle is the coolest looking ship IMO. Back in the X-Wing / Tie fighter days I thought B-wings were the most balanced but I preferred to use an A-Wing even though it didn't have proton torpedoes. It was just so damn fast.

The one thing I've always admired about that design is how it incorporates the function and layout of lots of modern military aircraft (including transport helicopters like the UH-1 Iroquois "Huey" and UH-60 Black Hawk, attack helis like the AH-1 Cobra, and smaller transport planes like V-22 Osprey minus the tilt rotars) yet still has that undeniable Star Wars look.

I always got a Hind vibe from it...

Mi-24_Desert_Rescue.jpg

Simo

Millenium Falcon.

Don't think it was posted but the Leviathan was a pretty cool alternative look to a Star Destroyer:
Leviathan_Ebon_Hawk.png

Kotor_screen098.jpg

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I always got a Hind vibe from it...

Mi-24_Desert_Rescue.jpg

Yeah definitely on the weapons and cockpit front, definitely more so than my comparisons. I mention the others because of the sliding doors for troop transport (very Huey-like) and that rear cargo ramp and plane-like flight style (like the Osprey)

So they all got damaged and scavenged the exact same way over the course of decades? What a load of shit.

They probably found a bunch of them in a boneyard and stripped them to their essentials.

The Y-Wing's amount of exposed parts has always bothered me. Most everything has body coverings in Star Wars.

Drensch

Lambda class shuttle blew my mind when I was a kid.
Y wing is also really cool.

Star wars in general has cool ships.

PBalfredo

The one thing I've always admired about that design is how it incorporates the function and layout of lots of modern military aircraft

I appreciate how a lot of Star Wars crafts take inspiration from real military aircraft. The turrets on the Falcon are modeled after ball turrets on WWII bombers, and even incorporated the cockpit of the B-17 into the design of the ghost. As mentioned earlier, Cloud Cars are similar in design to Twin Mustangs. The X-Wing/TIE Fighter dynamic is modeled after well armed and sturdy American Hellcat fighters versus nimble but fragile Japanese Zeroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom