• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats your preferred Oscar Best Movie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp1990

Banned
So,since 1929 Oscar gives a statuette to the best picture of the year
Oscar+Best+Picture+Winners+from+1927-2011.jpg

+ Argo and 12 years a slave
Oscar gave 86 statuettes since the beginning of it,some mostly peoples agree and some of them are very debatable. But,from all of the 86,which one do you like most ?
From all of them,mine is The Departed. It's not my favorite movie ever,but it's fantastic,excellent action scenes,great performances and a mind blown ending.

Forrest Gump and Driving Miss Daisy.

They usually get it wrong (Shakespeare in Love, Slumdog) but I had nothing bad to say about those two.

Renegade Yeti

Neo Member
Return of the king
Also probably would have said no country for old men until the last ten minutes and it's lack of an actual conclusion

Choomp

Banned
GoodFellas. Oh right fuck you Dances With Wolves

But yeah it's the Godfather

Also Argo and 12 Years a Slave aren't on that list

number11

Considering it's probably my favourite movie of all time, I guess it has to be The Godfather.

Looking at this list really makes you realise how forgettable the winners from the last 15 or so years are (with 1-2 exceptions).

spekkeh

Banned
Well, in terms of movies arriving in that time in your life, I'm probably going with Return of the King or Gladiator as most favoritest.

Best movie, erm, Forrest Gump I think? It's still pretty unique among the entire list.

Other greats: The Artist, Slumdog, Schindler's List, Silence of the Lambs, Deer Hunter, Godfather, Lawrence of Arabia. Rest is either too old, too oscar baity, absolutely the wrong one in that year, or simply decent.

mp1990

Banned
Return of the king
Also probably would have said no country for old men until the last ten minutes and it's lack of an actual conclusion

tbh i really don't think that No Country of Old Man could finish in any other way than being the most confusing thing ever,because is a film so fucked up that if it had been finished in a cliche way would be way worse.

God the 70s were amazing for cinema, pretty much all my favorites in that list are from there. If I had to pick one it'd probably be Cuckoo's Nest, that movie has really stayed with me over the years. Runners up would be Godfather II and Annie Hall.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Considering it's probably my favourite movie of all time, I guess it has to be The Godfather.

Looking at this list really makes you realise how forgettable the winners from the last 15 or so years are (with 1-2 exceptions).

make it "last 90 years or so"

minus some exceptions of course

1940 - Rebecca

Alfred Hitchcock's first "Hollywood" film and his only movie to win Best Picture (it's also the only movie in history that won Best Picture without receiving a single award in the acting, writing, or directing categories).

It was the first Hitchcock film I saw and is still my favorite of his.

One of these four.

The Sting
The Apartment
All Quiet on the Western Front
In The Heat of the Night

If I had to pick one, then All Quiet on the Western Front.

RangerX

Banned
Forrest Gump won best picture? What in the everlasting fuck! Anyway for me Its either One flew over the cuckoos nest or Unforgiven. I can't decide which.

split between the following

The Godfather
Schindler's List
The Silence of the Lambs
Dances With Wolves
American Beauty

these are all great movies that can't be replace.

Argo lol. It never stops to be funny.

The Godfather , The Godfather Part 2 , Lawrence of Arabia , The Apartment , Annie Hall are the top 5

spekkeh

Banned
tbh i really don't think that No Country of Old Man could finish in any other way than being the most confusing thing ever,because is a film so fucked up that if it had been finished in a cliche way would be way worse.

What about the completely missing second act. I thought that film was awful all around, typical Coen bros autofellatio. Still it has its fans for some reason.

mp1990

Banned
What about the completely missing second act. I thought that film was awful all around, typical Coen bros autofellatio. Still it has its fans for some reason.

Welp,i didn't had any problems with it,maybe i need to see it again ? I found a really good movie,not a Oscar winner imo but still great,but i was a bit confused at the time with it
i don't have idea why
and didn't enjoyed it as much as people hyped it.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Schindler's List. One of the most emotional movies I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom