• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When Capcom planning to make Ace Attorney 7?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
aceattorneyanniversaryartworkcrossover.large.jpg

Capcom has been on the roll this gen and doing justice to most of their series including making sequel to cult classic like Dragon's Dogma 2.
But its about time we get new mainline entry to Ace Attorney game, in my opinion it one of the most underrated Capcom series.
There is no game like Ace Attorney, even among other Japanese point&click adventure games, Ace Attorney so fun and unique.

I'm glad we got almost all Ace Attorney games are in modern systems (hopefully we also get Investigations: Miles Edgeworth as well) but I really want to see Ace Attorney 7 and I dont want to see Capcom forget about this series.

Am I alone on this?​

Hugs from my side OP. There is no game like Ace Attorney.

In my view GAA2 was rushed or not enough budget( I still love it) so I don't mind them taking their time with it.

Can't wait to see new origin story for Apollo lol

Last edited:

protonion

They could make the wait easier by officially translating the second Miles game.

I played the fan translation which is pretty good, but I would like to own the game also.

I cannot believe they haven't done it yet. It is truly excellent (much better than the first).
It has probably the most complicated cases, and the way the plot comes together at the end is done masterfully.

Just make a Miles collection Capcom ffs!

Ever since those Capcom leaks from years back I've been on pins & needles for an official announcement, because everything else from the leaks had proven credible. Yet conference, after award show, after anniversary celebration, after concert -- each a great opportunity to announce -- passed by with no word. It got to the point where I began to wonder if AA7 simply failed to come together and got cancelled at some point.

After Kenichi Hashimoto's 4Gamer interview I'm no longer worried that the game's been scrapped. I'm guessing the longer wait is just a consequence of the team adjusting to working with the RE engine, possibly compounded by some experimentation/expansion with the formula. This will be the first time an AA game isn't being developed for a hand-held initially and on an engine that's capable of quite a lot.

IIRC in that same 4Gamer interview or some other recent one it was mentioned that Capcom is really happy with how the AA collections are doing, especially in the west. Ace Attorney Trilogy was the first release in the series to crack 1 million (in a single version, if you combine DS/GBA/Mobile/3DS sales other entries have likely passed 1million as well) and it's got fantastic legs. As of the latest Capcom platinum games update AA Trilogy has sold 2.60 million units, wouldn't surprise me if it passed 3 million in a year or two.

I think Capcom is gonna give the new collection its time in the spotlight for another 6 months to a year and then announce AA7. Hopefully when they do announce it's with a release date first trailer, that's not far off. I'm really expecting big things from this one. The team had gotten so good with the 3D style by the time they reached GAA, I can only imagine what they're cooking up on RE engine.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
aceattorneyanniversaryartworkcrossover.large.jpg

Capcom has been on the roll this gen and doing justice to most of their series including making sequel to cult classic like Dragon's Dogma 2.
But its about time we get new mainline entry to Ace Attorney game, in my opinion it one of the most underrated Capcom series.
There is no game like Ace Attorney, even among other Japanese point&click adventure games, Ace Attorney so fun and unique.

I'm glad we got almost all Ace Attorney games are in modern systems (hopefully we also get Investigations: Miles Edgeworth as well) but I really want to see Ace Attorney 7 and I dont want to see Capcom forget about this series.

Am I alone on this?​
Next month I will buy the collection

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The team had gotten so good with the 3D style by the time they reached GAA, I can only imagine what they're cooking up on RE engine.
I definitely agree, the animation in GAA was sooooo good, it makes hyped thinking about what they gonna with RE engine.

Also I have the physical version of Apollo Trilogy and in back of the box it says it’s using RE engine which surprised me.

Last edited:
I definitely agree, the animation in GAA was sooooo good, it makes hyped thinking about what they gonna with RE engine.

Also I have the physical version of Apollo Trilogy and in back of the box it says it’s using RE engine which surprised me.

Nice catch, that was likely part of the AA team getting used to using the engine. Also, since it's only been used on this last collection even though RE engine was around during the time they were porting GAA and when the Capcom leaks confirmed AA7, it supports my idea that they switched to using RE engine at some point mid development.

I also got the physical version of Apollo Trilogy but I just keep staring at the awesome boxart lol
UAkyydu.jpeg

and also this ;-;

Top Bottom