• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When did you stop caring about your birthday?

When did you stop caring about your birthday?

• Preteen years

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Teen years

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Twenties

Votes: 53 43.8%
  • Thirties

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • Forties

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Fifties

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Sixties or more

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Never Cared

Votes: 7 5.8%

• Total voters

John Bilbo

I think birthdays are less about the one having the birthday and more about having an excuse to gather the people you care about in one place and have a laugh.

A few years now that I've been kind of distant with my one friend, or maybe he's been distant with me. So regardless, every birthday I just sit at home and do my usual thing. Maybe I'll get some money from uncles or whatever but it usually isn't too much.

This past birthday was one of the worst I ever had. My father died less than a year from my birthday and I have no family and hardly any friends here so it was very lonely.

Pagusas

Elden Member
WTF, I never stopped caring. My wife and I both do massive celebrations each year for our birthdays, we dont do gifts, instead we pick a place to travel to and spend a week celebrating. Last year was Alaska for her and Bahamas for me. This year is Paris for hers and Singapore for me. I couldn't imagine not celebrating. Its a tradition we'll both do to our dying day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom