• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When Grant(y) met Shiggy (Kotaku article based on gamesindustry.biz profile).

This is the story (in his own words) of how Grant Kirkhope, who is now composing the music to Mario x Rabbids, met industry legend Shigeru Miyamoto:

Kirkhope said:
It was when E3 had moved to Atlanta [1997]. Nintendo had a party in a museum, and we all got hideously drunk. I saw [Rare founder] Tim Stamper talking to Miyamoto, and I introduced myself as the composer of Banjo-Kazooie, totally drunk. He just looked at me with the blankest expression, he couldn’t tell what I was saying. A while later, I was in the bathroom—and this is embarrassing—I was trying to pull down [Donkey Kong 64 designer] George Andreas’ trousers for a joke. I was on my knees and I looked up to see Miyamoto staring down at me. That was the last time I spoke to him.

There's something very British about this that I can relate to, kind of like embarrassing yourself in front of your boss at the work Christmas do.

Source:Kotaku

Throw up on my suit if old...

skeptical.gif

Top Bottom