• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When it comes to portable gaming, where do you game the most?

Where do you primarily game?

• Total voters
When smart phones became a thing years ago, my answer would have easily been, away from home. Nowadays, not so much. I hardly play android/iOS games and when it comes to my Switch, I simply play on the couch or in bed when I want to half watch TV at the same time. Also, carrying a Switch or Steamdeck around is just too much bulk to carry. What about you GAF?

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
When I'm at home, I have access to really good equipment (high end PC, PS5, Series X, 77 inch TV, etc.) Seems like a bit of a waste to play a handheld game on the Switch (or even Steam Deck) when better stuff is available. Even if there's something I want to play on the Switch, at home I play it on my big TV. That's kind of the point of it being a hybrid console.

But, to each their own I guess.

StereoVsn

At home or in a hotel if traveling. I don't take much public transport anymore though. Still, not sure I would want to use a Deck or even Switch on the metro. Maybe one of the Android emulation devices.

When I'm at home, I have access to really good equipment (high end PC, PS5, Series X, 77 inch TV, etc.) Seems like a bit of a waste to play a handheld game on the Switch (or even Steam Deck) when better stuff is available. Even if there's something I want to play on the Switch, at home I play it on my big TV. That's kind of the point of it being a hybrid console.

But, to each their own I guess.

That's understandable. The TV experience is definitely better. Its just so convenient to play from anywhere in the house though. Especially when my wife is watching TV.

StereoVsn

Same. Switch is super nice to use when on vacation in a hotel.
Yep, both Switch and Deck are really good for this one. Either doesn't take all that much space in the carry-on all things considered.

Plus you could throw in a portable monitor and a controller for even more possibilities, lol, but it's a bit too much to lug around.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Both. I game at work the second most. I have an incredibly great cell connection at work, so remote play and cloud gaming are as good as if I was sitting in the same room with my consoles.

Trunx81

I used to travel a lot, so it came in handy to have the Switch with me.
But mostly, I play at home in bed in the evening, while the Misses watches "The Crown" or some other mumpitz on Netflix.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I take my Switch everywhere I go and I plan on doing the same thing when I get my ROG Ally. I always carry a backpack with me when I'm on the road so the handhelds being a little bigger doesn't bother me. I even have a powerbank on me for extra juice.

I've got a wife and kids and can't always get the big tv all the time. So the Switch, Xcloud, my 3070ti in my office, and my Miyoo Mini are how I get most of my gaming in. No complaints.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Its either when i go to visit family or when i have a show/movie running on the big tv so i play my switch in handheld mode

I also have a steam deck but its still unfortunately out for repairs

Top Bottom