• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When the hell is HBO NOW coming to ps4/xbox one? (NOT HBO GO)

Cruxist

I'd wager we'll see it on Xbox One first, and then PS4 at some point. I have no idea why it's taking so long. I'm sure HBO is still trying to tread lightly and not piss off the cable companies. That's why it's taking some time.

atbigelow

Probably exclusivity deals.

Why are HBO Now and HBO Go even two different things? Seems unnecessary.

Because of cable company fuckheads and HBO trying to skirt around their contracts.

As a note, HBO Now just BARELY got released for Android TV. Took forever.

jelly

Never ever in the UK I gather since Sky bought the rights and extended them recently for their Sky Atlantic channel.

foxdvd

I wish they would at least give us an update on when they think it will come to the ps4/xbox one...

They also have an entirely separate service called HBO Nordic for Nordic countries. It's basically HBO Now without any dumb exclusivity deals. It really is unnecessary.

HBO Nordic is available on PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360 btw (not Xbox One for some reason)

I'd wager we'll see it on Xbox One first, and then PS4 at some point. I have no idea why it's taking so long. I'm sure HBO is still trying to tread lightly and not piss off the cable companies. That's why it's taking some time.

You May be right! I've met a handful of people who are holding off canceling cable until they can get this on their Xbox or Ps4.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Given how broken their App still is on every platform (including iOS), I imagine porting to consoles may be too much of a challenge for them.

OmegaFax

If you have HBO NOW you by default get HBOGO as far as I understand...

HBO Now is more/less HBO Go without needing an existing cable subscription. Go is an extension of the cable add-on package.

Sidenote:

Comcast doesn't allow their customers to use their HBO Go subscription with PS4 systems unless it's changed very recently. Very stupid thing. It's a buzzkill for many because television providers decide what you watch and what device you can watch it on.

Really expected HBO Now to be a thing by now on home consoles. It avoids the whole TV provider login thing.

Let's just say I know a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy that works at MLB Advanced Media. They're partners with HBO for HBO Now

Is this related to the Playready porting kit 3 timing on the PS4, XB1 and 2.5 on the PS3? Testing soon for release later this year first on XB1 and by October on Sony consoles?

PhatStarr

Is this related to the Playready porting kit 3 timing on the PS4, XB1 and 2.5 on the PS3? Testing soon for release later this year first on XB1 and by October on Sony consoles?

This I do not know, but it looks like it might be coming to the Xbox one this weekend and early as tomorrow.

Schryver

How is the quality of HBO streaming these days? I remember it being shit a year ago. Not sure it's even worth subscribing if a download has way better quality

Top Bottom