• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When will Nintendo first tease their new hardware?

When will Nintendo's new hardware first be teased?

• Total voters

cormack12

Gold Member
They still have a few titles to release for the Switch, when do you think we'll get the first tease?

Q1 baybeeeee

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

SCB3

We know they've said nothing will be shown or announced before April as they said that themselves and have Princess Peach Showtime and PaperMario TYD to release about then

However, there is Pokemon Day at the end of Jan that may show a glimpse of the next games that COULD be on the next hardware assuming they're skipping the switch on this release, my prediction of it being this Holiday season and reveal in May/June

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
We know they've said nothing will be shown or announced before April as they said that themselves and have Princess Peach Showtime and PaperMario TYD to release about then

However, there is Pokemon Day at the end of Jan that may show a glimpse of the next games that COULD be on the next hardware assuming they're skipping the switch on this release, my prediction of it being this Holiday season and reveal in May/June
Seeing how B&W 2 was released on the original DS AFTER the 3DS launched, the next Pokémon will 100% be cross-gen.

SCB3

Seeing how B&W 2 was released on the original DS AFTER the 3DS launched, the next Pokémon will 100% be cross-gen.
I think the same, however they also released Ultra Sun and Moon for 3DS to work a bit longer on Sword/Shield as well, but that feels like a holdover title

Then again they could just do a remake release this year easy enough

Deerock71

I think they're slow-walking everything. Q2, and that's when I think we'll see a fabled price-cut for current hardware.

Urban

Dont they have a shareholder meeting in late march? Till than they have to say something because at that meeting they need to talk about it if they release it in the next fiscal year

nial

Gold Member
I personally think the launch year will be something like this:
November 2024 - Metroid Prime 4 (cross-gen) - Pre-installed Nintendo EPD tech demo ala Astro's Playroom (next-gen only)
Spring 2025 - New Mario Kart (cross-gen)
Summer 2025 - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom remaster (next-gen only, duh) - New Yoshi by Good-Feel (cross-gen)
Fall 2025 - New 3D Mario (next-gen only)

I personally think the launch year will be something like this:
November 2024 - Metroid Prime 4 (cross-gen) - Pre-installed Nintendo EPD tech demo ala Astro's Playroom (next-gen only)
Spring 2025 - New Mario Kart (cross-gen)
Summer 2025 - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom remaster (next-gen only, duh) - New Yoshi by Good-Feel (cross-gen)
Fall 2025 - New 3D Mario (next-gen only)
Astro's Playroom?

I will be there as soon as the preorders open. If it releases with a new Xenoblade and/or solid BC (improved res/framerate), I will keep it. Otherwise I will make a neat profit, flipping it on ebay. Already missed out on the PS5 and the portal flipping opportunity, ain't gonna make that mistake again.

gaheris

I don't think they will mention it until after the end of their fiscal year for a release in the summer or fall, 2024.

SenkiDala

I'd say Q1 if they wanna release it this year.

But it depends on 1 thing, if it's backcompat with Switch, Q1 as it won't affect the Switch games sales, if it's not backcompat just 1 or 2 months before release, so Q3/Q4.

Top Bottom