• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

where are the psvr ports to psvr2

Germuso

There are amazing games only on psvr that deserve being on psvr2, is It going to happen? Or Sony give a fuck.

Some games.

Astro boy
Wypeout
Blood and truth
Borderlands 2
Until dawn
Super hot
Farpoint
Doom3
Skyrim
Trackmania
Golem
Doom vr
Persistance
Resident Evil
Dreams
Drive club

The lack of support is awful.

Last edited:

Crayon

Support has been good. The kind of games people have been wanting for years are stacking up. How much it has to do with any effort on sony's part is unkown, though. I would hope they are reaching out to get things like wingman and red matter 2 ported. Or trying to entice stuff like formula one that skipped the psvr2 support.

But yes where are these easy money upgrades??? I never got to blood and truth and I could play some more wipeout any time. Maybe that's why they aren't coming, though. That's a good list and I'm only interested in two. And more importantly, not paying full price for those two.

Pelao

I would definitely pay for an upgrade for Wipeout, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 and, not on the list, Skyrim.
The others on the list are good games too, but I honestly don't feel that interested in playing them again.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I’m not very clear why they can’t support legacy content. Doesn’t Quest support BC?
I don't know much about the PSVR but that seems baffling that the V1 software isn't compatible with V2... Why is that?
Different types of tracking between PSVR and PSVR2. Quest has the same type of tracking on each headset. The console games would need updated ports to work on VR2, unless there is already a quest version that can easily be moved over.

Last edited:

Pallas

Wasn’t there support releasing enhanced/remaster versions of PSVR1 games for the PSVR2? Last I heard there wasn’t going to be backwards compatibility for psvr1 titles because of “fundamental differences” on how it tracks your eye movements and game design.

Last edited:

consoul

Here they are. They might not be the ones you want, but they exist.

After the Fall
Beat Saber
Cave Digger 2: Dig Harder
D-Day Enhanced
Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue
Job Simulator
Last Labyrinth
NFL Pro Era
No Man's Sky
Pistol Whip
Puzzling Places
RC Airplane Challenge
Song in the Smoke: Rekindled
Startenders
Suicide Guy VR Deluxe
Swordsman VR
Synth Riders
The Light Brigade
The Tale of Onogoro
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
Vacation Simulator
Wanderer
Windlands 2
Zenith: The Last City

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Would like Astrobot, but there will probably be a sequel or a spiritual successor.

Driveclub isn't happening. Licensing expired, studio shuttered, and it's been delisted. GT7 is by far the best racing experience.

I believe Wipepout was rumored, or I may be misremembering. Don't hold you're breath on Zenimax games now that MS owns them, and the RE games are Villiage and 4 now.

Devs also ported their games as listed by the post above. There is also a plethora of fantastic PC VR games making their way over as well.

Last edited:

Nydius

Many of those games are out of Sony's control, or the games (or their developers) simply don't exist anymore.

The dev behind Wipeout is long gone.
You'd have to ask 2K and Gearbox about Borderlands 2.
Tweet to Ubisoft about Trackmania.
Skyrim, Doom 3 and Doom VR, all by companies now owned by Microsoft?
Drive Club, the game that no longer exists?
Dreams is no longer being supported by the dev in any form as of September of this year.

Astrobot is the only one on your list that I think should have been a high priority (and completely under Sony's control).

Crayon

You’ll find nearly every Sony fan defending not having BC.

It truly sickens me. you’ll never get that stuff because Sony sees all the vocal apologists and thinks everyone is happy.

what-huh.gif

I'm sure they're on their way. Probably any minute now.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Forget that.....name one AAA sony title that's been announced for the future? Are they planning on supporting it long term or not?
People are still watching and deciding if it's worthwhile and the lack of premier games to look foreward is a problem. Could still be fixed......

Corndog

Banned
Different types of tracking between PSVR and PSVR2. Quest has the same type of tracking on each headset. The console games would need updated ports to work on VR2, unless there is already a quest version that can easily be moved over.
Does anyone know if sony created any middlewear to help port the old games to the new api?

nial

Gold Member
Would like Astrobot, but there will probably be a sequel or a spiritual successor.
There should be both, Astro Bot Rescue Mission could remain in the PS5 store forever, but the hardware required for the game (PSVR1, DS4, and the PS4 camera) will be discontinued at some point.

willothedog

SteamVR manages with all types of tracking and input devices even DIY solutions.

Ar¢tos

You’ll find nearly every Sony fan defending not having BC.

It truly sickens me. you’ll never get that stuff because Sony sees all the vocal apologists and thinks everyone is happy.
Understanding =/= Defending
Different controls, different input schemes, it isn't just a matter of doing a quick patch and Sony can't put a gun to the head of 3rd party studios to force them to rework the game for PSVR2.

Go back to your Xbox...

Last edited:

Three

While ports are happening I've got to agree some big games are still missing. There is absolutely no excuse for first party stuff not being ported either. How can Astrobot not be ported yet for example? I'm hoping we see some in the run up to its first Christmas.

midnightAI

Forget that.....name one AAA sony title that's been announced for the future? Are they planning on supporting it long term or not?
People are still watching and deciding if it's worthwhile and the lack of premier games to look foreward is a problem. Could still be fixed......
True, but we don't know what flat screen PS5 games are being worked on beyond 2023 so I wouldn't worry about it (yet)

PanzerCute

They will be coming slowly, it already started.

Have you consider, I dont know, the fact that the headset only released 4 months ago?

Ar¢tos

While ports are happening I've got to agree some big games are still missing. There is absolutely no excuse for first party stuff not being ported either. How can Astrobot not be ported yet for example? I'm hoping we see some in the run up to its first Christmas.
You haven't played Astro Bot Rescue Mission, if you had you would know why it hasn't been ported.
The game has levels and segments that require the light of the Dualshock 4 to be used like a flashlight. VR2 Sense controllers don't have a strong light for that and there is no external camera to track the light.
The game would need a lot of reworking, team Asobi probably decided to move to a new game instead of doing that (they are working on something new).

Three

You haven't played Astro Bot Rescue Mission, if you had you would know why it hasn't been ported.
The game has levels and segments that require the light of the Dualshock 4 to be used like a flashlight. VR2 Sense controllers don't have a strong light for that and there is no external camera to track the light.
The game would need a lot of reworking, team Asobi probably decided to move to a new game instead of doing that (they are working on something new).
Dude I've played and completed it. The Dualsense can gyroaim and the VR2 Sense controllers can be tracked in 3D space with 6dof to be able to achieve the same thing.

splattered

I didn't realize the lack of ports to PSVR2 was so bad when I bought it... What is even more disheartening is some devs are charging full game prices for these "upgrades" ... I see some that are 30 40 bucks like wtf. Just straight up greed. If Microsoft cared enough to be in the console VR space right now all their VR games would get free upgrades and smart delivery etc etc.

mrmustard

Banned
Is Sony even working on new VR games that are more than demos? Porting PSVR1 or Quest games or patching existing games for VR is one thing, but i think they have to show more support to keep this running.
I hope at least they are working on Astro Bots 2 and Rush of Blood 2. Those were really fun games.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Dude I've played and completed it. The Dualsense can gyroaim and the VR2 Sense controllers can be tracked in 3D space with 6dof to be able to achieve the same thing.
It won't make much sense showing a DS4 in game and using VR sense, then which VR sense serves as the light? Do you have to hold them close together for the tracking to work?
It only creates more problems.

Three

Is Sony even working on new VR games that are more than demos? Porting PSVR1 or Quest games or patching existing games for VR is one thing, but i think they have to show more support to keep this running.
I hope at least they are working on Astro Bots 2 and Rush of Blood 2. Those were really fun games.
They are working on Firewall Ultra and Asobi are cooking something else, I suspect something hybrid.

mrmustard

Banned
They are working on Firewall Ultra and Asobi are cooking something else, I suspect something hybrid.
Firewall Ultra looks very promising, not sure how i missed that before. But i really was hoping Asobi would work on Astrobot Resce 2. After Alyx the best VR game on the market.

Last edited:

Woffls

psvr is last gen, like rumble or something idk

e: I've just realised 2007 was a long time ago, so this might be further down the Sony meme iceberg than I thought...

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

I've been on the fence about psvr2 since the beginning and this has been the question of had on my mind the entire time. Seems like lots of games people are enjoying but the lack of 1st party is similar to psvr.

I thought for sure Sony would have a robust and steady release window for this thing. But I'm gonna pull the trigger on one later this summer. Gt7 and pistol whip look awesome

Top Bottom