• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is Shinji Mikami's ZWEI ? (Survival-horror)

Xpliskin

The next-gen is closing in.

With every big event, I've been waiting for some new info. Nothing at E3, nothing at TGS, nothing at Halloween, nothing at christmas, ... .

When can we expect an announcement trailer ? Did I miss some news about this project ?

The next-gen announcements this E3 will overshadow everything else, it'd be a wise decision to announce it a bit earlier.

Actually, I'm more excited about the creator of RE making a new horror game than a next-gen announcement, but that's just me.

The next-gen is closing in.

With every big event, I've been waiting for some new info. Nothing at E3, nothing at TGS, nothing at Halloween, nothing at christmas, ... .

When can we expect an announcement trailer ? Did I miss some news about this project ?

The next-gen announcements this E3 will overshadow everything else, it'd be a wise decision to announce it a bit earlier.

Actually, I'm more excited about the creator of RE making a next-gen announcement, but that's just me.

I just hope he's still using the high-def pre-rendered backgrounds.

REmake is still one of the best games I've ever seen and it's now two generations back. :|

BadWolf

A lot of major games still coming in 2013 and probably beyond so there's still time for it to be current gen.

There is still no release date announced for Ground Zeroes, for example. Though I expect it not too long after the release of Rising, maybe at E3.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Project Zwei is playing hide and seek with Prey 2 and Machinegames secret id-tech 5 game.

well still too early I think, the studio was just founded in 2010 (Bethesda bought Tango later in the same year)

DocSeuss

Project Zwei is playing hide and seek with Prey 2 and Machinegames secret id-tech 5 game.

well still too early I think, the studio was just founded in 2010 (Bethesda bought Tango later in the same year)

Why did you have to remind me? Whatever Machine Games is doing, I want it bad. The less said about me not having Prey 2, the better.

I think I'll have to see something of Zwei before I'm interested in it. Classic RE never really did anything for me, for whatever reason.

Glass Rebel

Machine Games is obviously working on Quake V, the true sequel to Quake 1...

What are the chances that Zwei is on 360/PS3/PC instead of next-gen consoles? I remember reading that Bethesda wasn't too eager to do the jump.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
since Zenimax migh might don't want their games to clash I think it will be like this

2013 = Doom 4(lolz)+The Elder Scrolls Online+ MachineGames id-tech 5 game
2014 = Prey 2+ Project Zwei + Fallout 4 all for next gen

Machine Games is obviously working on Quake V, the true sequel to Quake 1...

my money on Wolfenstein

lol

I just wonder how well/bad id-tech 5 will run on WiiU (since megatexture is cpu heavy and demand fast ram iirc)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I think they must be wary of how hard Wolfenstein 2009 bombed. New IP > Quake > Wolfenstein IMO.

well if it is new IP then I want a spiritual successor to chronicles of Riddick since some of the original creators of Riddick are with Machinegames.

Quake..well id and only id should make Quake (because Rage's gunplay is still unmatched this gen)

Glass Rebel

well if it is new IP then I want a spiritual successor to chronicles of Riddick since some of the original creators of Riddick are with Machinegames.

Quake..well id and only id should make Quake (because Rage's gunplay is still unmatched this gen)

I... agree with everything in this post D:

Goron2000

best junior ever
Didn't they only hire the art director a few months ago? It's going to be a while before they come out with anything i would say.

Modedude

I feel it probably takes quite some time to develop a game, I just imagine this one had the issue of being announced earlier.

Also doesn't Mikami intend to make this his last game? If so I'd imagine he wants to spend all the time he can making this the best he can, or am I just being a little too optimistic there?

eXistor

Can't wait to see what his studio has come up with. Survival Horror needs a good comeback and ZombiU alone is not enough.

Praying that Tango Gameworks are developing Project Zwei for next gen consoles as I don't think the success of Dishonored would be repeated again this year or early next on current gen hardware.

Smaller developers like Access Games (Deadly Premonition) can stick with current gen for another 12-18 months but the big companies need to move on and build a following amongst early adopters with new series.

With any luck, they've destroyed and rebuilt the game upwards of 4 times which means we'd have another RE4 caliber title on our hands. Just give em a minute.

Bethesda is taking their time thinking on the best way to not market it, and to just dump it in a late October time slot where it will promptly be ignored.

Hindle

Banned
The game would have only entered production in late 2011, with 2010 and most of 11 being pre production. I'd say it's a 2015 game.

They said 2013 "at the earliest", so I expect we'll see something this year but I don't think it'll release until 2014. Can't wait to see what Mikami draws up for another foray into survival horror (REmake is one of my all-time favorite games). The artwork was fantastic.

Xpliskin

I've done my small investigation, and I think I can conclude what this game is about, or at least guess.

Before it got announced, some artworks got released by tango gameworks on their blog, for an "unnanounced project".

After that, subsequent artworks were released by "Teacher O", an artist supposdly working on the project.

These "updates" all have a character, or feature in common:

tumblr_lazrzqJYQP1qdk4zg.jpg

tumblr_lb71bh8gae1qex4ddo1_500.jpg

The thing to notice here is that they all have 2 "sides" to their face.
I don't know what it is, but it seems to be a prominient character or concept in zwei. Let's call it "double face".

It seems that "infection" is a recurring theme. I guess it's an enemy that contaminates other things and have them mutate or bringing them back to life (that enemy is dropping a liquid onto a skull).

These got released after the announcement:
Zwei.jpg

news_photo_19134_1335333101.jpg

tumblr_lbnmo4d9lN1qex4ddo1_250.jpg

Notice again how they have 2 "sides" on their face. Especially the dog's face.

Yes, it gives a "hookman" vibe, where his appearance fades, that supernatural aspect where you can't clearly see its face.

This will be a prominient enemy in this game, or the main "virus"/supernatural element will have them have assymetrical features.

gaming_zwei.jpg

I think this game is set on an island.
There's this pirate ship with cages on it (for slaves), they are brought to the island to be experimented on/sacrified/whatever.

It might be some sort of island of Dr. Maureau with a supernatural twist.

Also, giant insects:
Tango-Gameworks-concept-art-2.jpg

Again, the left side insect has assymetrical face features.

This is one of the character's designer's (a.k.a modeler) desk, notice the cockroach on the desk. It's there to be used as a reference, it's safe to assume there'll be some sort of insect enemies.
tumblr_ln6f5p9ZQm1qex4ddo1_500.jpg

I don't know what you guys make out of it, but it's all we've got for now :D

BD1

Banned
Probably a next-gen title or WiiU exclusive ;)

lolololol

It's a Bethesda game.

In all truth, they could probably get Nintendo to cover a big chunk of the bill for that game if they made it Wii U exclusive. NG: Razer's Edge and Bayonetta 2 proved Nintendo is looking to publish game in the M-Rated/Core space. Seems like Zwei would be right in Nintendo's wheel house.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
In all truth, they could probably get Nintendo to cover a big chunk of the bill for that game if they made it Wii U exclusive. NG: Razer's Edge and Bayonetta 2 proved Nintendo is looking to publish game in the M-Rated/Core space. Seems like Zwei would be right in Nintendo's wheel house.

in Bayonetta 2 case SEGA need the money,Ninja Gaiden 3 RZ is just a port with few fixes and extra.

This is Zenimax/Bethesda we are talking about here,you know the Fallout and The Elder Scrolls company with tons of rich lawyers on top so they don't have money issues and they fully own Mikami studio,why they'll even limit their game to one system with small userbase when they can put it for multiple systems for everyone?

Top Bottom