• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is the best place to get an iPod Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
I am looking to buy a pink iPod Mini for my 9-year old daughter this xmas...

I checked ebay and the prices seem to range anywhere from 210-285USD

Is there a good online iPod retailer or would ebay be the way to go???

nomoment

I'd just order online from Apple.com using student discount. I realize you're not a student, Klee, but I don't think Apple actually verifies the student numbers. You can punch in a random number, and they'll still accept it!

eBay is a bit too risky for items like an iPod...

xsarien

daedsiluap
It doesn't matter, they're all basically the same price no matter where you go, Apple keeps a tight leash on it.

Also, I agree that an iPod *anything* is a risky proposition for a 9-year-old.

thom

His 9 year old could be incredibly bright and responsible for her age.

Rumours around the campfire are that Apple is going to be upgrading the iPod mini after

christmas up to 10 or 15 gigs, you might want to wait.

Related note Costco has the 20 gig HP iPod (which I'm told will still work with a Mac even

though the system requirements would have you believe otherwise) for $269.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
thom said:
Related note Costco has the 20 gig HP iPod (which I'm told will still work with a Mac even

yeah.. i use my HPipod with a mac.. its the same exact thing as the Apple ipod.. the only difference is the software it comes with .. HP -> only PC itunes.. but you can download it anyway.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
I am actually a student typing this from my CCs computer lab right now!!!

So how much is the discount and what info do they need???

thom said:
His 9 year old could be incredibly bright and responsible for her age.

Rumours around the campfire are that Apple is going to be upgrading the iPod mini after

christmas up to 10 or 15 gigs, you might want to wait.

though the system requirements would have you believe otherwise) for $269.

How strong is this rumor.

nomoment

Kleegamefan said:
I am actually a student typing this from my CCs computer lab right now!!!

So how much is the discount and what info do they need???
I think it's about 10% off.

Just go to apple.com -> education (top bar) -> ongoing discounts (link within text near middle of page) -> find your school.

That'll take you to the student page, and voila! Grab your iPod at a nice discount.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Hm I'm toying with the idea of getting my wife an iPod Photo for Christmas, and she already has a green iPod Mini. PM me if you want to talk about buying it, but it'll probably have to be after Christmas since I'd want to surprise her with the new iPod first :)

You could always give your daughter a printed up certificate good for one iPod Mini!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom