• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is the PS3 dual monitor support love?

number386

If done right it could be an incredible feature. Imagine playing Co-op or verses with your sibling/friend with dual support you can each get your own TV screen, rather then sharing the TV. Versus in FPS like goldeneye, and Halo suffered in some aspects because the other guy always knew where you were, not to mention sharing the TV halved your view. Now you can get your own TV for games like Killzone, GT5, Armored Core, time crisis etc...

Also like the DS the other screen could be used for maps in games like castlevania, and for racing games it could show the rear view. Their are literally so many things you can do with the dual screen support. I really hope Sony pushes this feature hard to Game developers because if done right it would be amazing.

Most people already have 2+ TV's so I dont think that will be a significant problem. And I hope most developers use it to enhance the gaming experience rather than making it a requirement.

pcostabel

Gold Member
I'm totally awed by the 1080p support, let alone DUAL 1080p output!!
I guess I'll have to plan my home theater accordingly :)

Yusaku said:
I predict absolutely no games supporting this.

This will be absolutely great for party-style multiplayer gaming. Now if Sony can just get something comparable to Halo to entice gamers.

J2 Cool

I'm sorry but I'm not carrying another 55 inch HD up my stairs, into the front room, to set next to my original. There will be nowhere to sit even. Nice feature though. :lol

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
This is going to be so sweet on my bad-ass dual 13" Apex TV setup.

Flo_Evans

all you need is one of these to use it with a regualr computer monitor.
S4131-5300_VGA.jpg

S4131-5300_DVI-A.jpg

they cost about $15 - one came with my GFX card that has an HDMI out for LCDs

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
all you need is one of these to use it with a regualr computer monitor.

Dude, that's a DVI adapter. HDMI is a different form factor and it includes HDCP and digital audio.

No games will support it except GT5, but what would be sorta nice, is if there was a default for split screen that split the picture if it detected two HDM cables. Then you could (even with lazy dev support) have two 480p screens each. Which would be hot.

Tabris

I don't see the point. They should use "system link" for "dual-monitor" like features.

That way it saves me, the consumer, money by not having that extra port.

Infact, I think the PS3 went a little too port-crazy.

1 HDMI, 1 ethernet, wi-fi, bluetooth, normal AV, optical, power, 6 USB 2.0 (4 for controller charging, 2 for anything else), 1 memory stick duo slot and 1 memory card slot.

That's all I want. Maybe a slot for DS2 connection would be nice, but that's just a nice to have.

Top Bottom