• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where to get E3 Coverage: The List!

Alex P said:
Coming from experience, you really don't want to watch the full conferences. When we post videos, it's pretty much going to be a 5-10 minute highlight reel.
Then I guess you missed #killzone last year. :D

First the anticipation and build-up, and then, the reveal. It was like getting caught in a nuclear explosion.

i usually have multiple feeds going from tv and web broadcasts.

when g4 dropped the ball and went to commercial during a reveal last year the web was still goin:D

p01ar

GameTrailers
NeoZylom said:
If we live on Canada, can we look at the SpikeTV coverage on the web? Coz, some websites block IP if they aren't US IP, like ABC if you want to look Heroes on their Website

Any exclusive from Spike will also be on GameTrailers.com after it's been on air.

Danne-Danger said:

First the anticipation and build-up, and then, the reveal. It was like getting caught in a nuclear explosion.

I wasn't aware of the IRC last year, but it was the exact same experience for me in any conference.

I just wish that a major network such as Spike or G4 would post the raw conference, with no commercials, live. It would give me a reason to actually watch it in on my TV, rather than my small 17" screen.

Grok4Spock

I'll be watching G4 since it's supposed to be "commercial free" this year... I'm going to have a live web stream up as a back up though...

I've got the G4 & SpikeTV events Tivoed. And i plan downloading all the 1up podcasts during the week, checking out GAF (of course) and using a lot of Gametrailers.com. And i'll check out IGN & 1up a bit too. Gamespot is still on my own personal "boycott"

Danne-Danger said:

That whole killzone whirlwind was the best thing from E3 last year :D

I'll be at work during the conferences, so what's the best bet for seeing the full conferences on the internet after the fact? I want to see them in their entirety and then witness the madness on GAF.

amishmofo

Banned
HappyBivouac said:
You're covering e3? Every other source has led me to believe Square-Enix will do a conference, and it'll be at 12:30 on Monday.

Nice, let's hope this will be true. I want to see some more of Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant. Plus some new surprises as well as FFXIII would be nice too.. :D

OmegaRed

Whos the most reliable for the live streaming? IGN or Gamespot? I'm trying to figure out where to get a subscription at.

Kibbles said:
I'll stick with GameSpot. I've never had problems with them, and since this is new for ScrewAttack problems may occur. I'm going to play it safe :) G4 fucked up last year during Microsoft's Conference. :lol

G4's been very clear to announce that the E3 conferences this year will be presented commercial-break free.

And you have to hand it to Adam, he knew how big of a screw-up it was going to be and he tried to stop it. I think the worst part is that they cut to a commercial for their ComicCon coverage. It was a commercial for themselves, about how great their coverage will be of a future event while they were in the process of screwing up the current one. You can't get more ironic than that.

Edit: Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iCZh79BWHU

Alex P

HappyBivouac said:
You're covering e3? Every other source has led me to believe Square-Enix will do a conference, and it'll be at 12:30 on Monday.

Yeah, I'm retarded and misread my schedule. Square is Monday at lunchtime.

Dirtbag

Where did anyone read that spike was going to be commercial free?
I didn't see it in that link posted.

I'd prefer to watch in HD on spike then on G4

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Kulock said:
G4's been very clear to announce that the E3 conferences this year will be presented commercial-break free.

And you have to hand it to Adam, he knew how big of a screw-up it was going to be and he tried to stop it. I think the worst part is that they cut to a commercial for their ComicCon coverage. It was a commercial for themselves, about how great their coverage will be of a future event while they were in the process of screwing up the current one. You can't get more ironic than that.

Edit: Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iCZh79BWHU
Sessler gets +1 respect from me. :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Yeah, G4 last year was an absolute disaster, especially with the commercials right when the good conference stuff was going on. I'll be sticking to Spike for it though, and probably have a Gamestop stream and something else simultaneously.

As I said, I will try to record all the conferences and distribute them by torrents, but it's being a tad picky right now. I'll manage it though :D

mrlogical

Will there be any sort of live video or audio streams accessible via iPhone? My stupid work blocks the internet and I won't have tv access, but if there were some way I could view or at least listen to the E3 conferences on my iPhone, I would be very happy. If not, I suppose I'll just track the liveblogs...

kassatsu

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
I'll be at work during the conferences, so what's the best bet for seeing the full conferences on the internet after the fact? I want to see them in their entirety and then witness the madness on GAF.
This is what i plan to do.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
MMaRsu said:
I made #microsoft for the MS conference..

I don't think we should split up the IRCs so much, but if you insist just give the full info and I'll add to the IRC data.

MMaRsu

Banned
Relix said:
I don't think we should split up the IRCs so much, but if you insist just give the full info and I'll add to the IRC data.

Well last year we had seperate channels for seperate conferences..don't know if that's what ppl want but it worked. Don't know how to set up a ChanServ though, so I dunno maybe you can do that? ^_^

The only full info is that it's the same server as the #gaf-e3 channel :)

MMaRsu

Banned
rakka said:
fuck multiple channels. why make things complicated, one is enough.

one is enough? I disagree. Some people don't want to see ramblings from Sony fans while the MS conference is going on. Rather just have a seperate channel for it right?

It's on the same server as the normal one, just acces #microsoft :).
I'll keep it open, people who want to get in, just come :).

Dirtbag

MMaRsu said:
one is enough? I disagree. Some people don't want to see ramblings from Sony fans while the MS conference is going on. Rather just have a seperate channel for it right?

It's on the same server as the normal one, just acces #microsoft :).
I'll keep it open, people who want to get in, just come :).

I'd understand it if the conferences ran at the same times, but having seperate channels is just stupid. If you don't want to hear ramblings from opposing fanboys you may as well just leave gaf all together.

MMaRsu

Banned
Dirtbag 504 said:
I'd understand it if the conferences ran at the same times, but having seperate channels is just stupid. If you don't want to hear ramblings from opposing fanboys you may as well just leave gaf all together.

I don't mind. It's not set up for ME. It's for whoever wants to join. I don't care about fanboy ramblings.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Fanboy trolling will not be tolerated. The E3 IRC will have a nice moderation team that will keep things tidy during:

1 hour before the conference
Conference
1 hour post conference

Sony and Nintendo conferences nearly overlap each one, but with the expected delays and other things we will try to keep things without much trolling. Outside the conferences we will be watching for flame bait and trolls as well, so we aim to keep it clean and nice for everyone =)

Dirtbag

Relix said:
Fanboy trolling will not be tolerated. The E3 IRC will have a mice moderation team that will keep things tidy during:

1 hour before the conference
Conference
1 hour post conference

Sony and Nintendo conferences nearly overlap each one, but with the expected delays and other things we will try to keep things without much trolling. Outside the conferences we will be watching for flame bait and trolls as well, so we aim to keep it clean and nice for everyone =)

2662715627_0f2be7dc40_o.jpg

Top Bottom