• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where To Get SpaceWorld 2000 Vids?

Looking for some vids of Spaceworld 2000 (GameCube unveiling), particularily the original Wave Race clip and the Luigi's Mansion one.

Any website still have these up?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I had those, ages ago. Now I seem to only have snippets of them, weirdly enough.

Time to revive the GAF DC hub!

DEO3

XMonkey said:
I only have a demo reel that includes a few other games and Luigi's Mansion. Oddly, Wave Race is missing from it.

www.cloud86.net/videotape.mov
\

Wow, so that's Mario 128. The game practicly gets mentioned in every single thread somehow, but I've never been able to find video of it. Kudos to you good sir.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I had the complete SM128 demo footage -somewhere-...

I suppose this stuff is probably archived in the "Pay" section of IGN, right?

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
I have the rest of the Mario 128 on a CD. I can't upload it all now, but will try tonight.

IGN does still have the news pages open for SpaceWorld, but none of the video links work :\

Rlan

I'm sure I've sent the full Mario 128 footage to one of Dayton's monkeys [Megabyte?] at some point.

Man, the Spaceworld GC Unveiling video was so fucking awesome. Best montage ever! I remember watching the movie, and all the fanboys started hollering when Samus showed up :lol :lol

Yusaku

DEO3 said:
\

Wow, so that's Mario 128. The game practicly gets mentioned in every single thread somehow, but I've never been able to find video of it. Kudos to you good sir.

And it's not even a very good demo, to boot. The models don't look quite-right, and the animation is particularly off.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Here's all I've got on Mario 128: http://cloud86.net/mario128spaceworld.rar (60MB)

Keep in mind, this was only a tech demo and probably has absolutely nothing to do with what 'Mario 128' is now.

As a bonus here's some pics of the unveiling..

live8.jpg

/\ OMG hardcore leather bondage suits, nintend0 = teh maturE!!112

gccontroller01_screen001.jpg

gamecube01_screen001.jpg

That last one was the first picture of the system to hit the internet when it was unveiled, IIRC.

Top Bottom