• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where to purchase 360 multiple disc replacement cases?

Hobbun

As the title indicates, I am looking where I could purchase Xbox 360 cases that hold more than disc. I have searched online and have found cases that hold one disc, but not multiple.

The packaging for both Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon really sucks, and a couple of the discs actually have been scratched. I am going to resolve that, but don't really want to put the discs back in the same crappy cases.

What I am looking for is probably the case that has the hinge with the flippable disc holders inside. A case that can hold up to four discs would preferable (as Lost Odyssey has four), but I could live with three.

And it doesn't have to be 360 cases, but would be like to keep the same transparent green case if all possible.

Thanks.

Special J

Banned
wut? ms handled this excellently.

fc6na.jpg

Hobbun

wut? ms handled this excellently.

*image of crappy Lost Odyssey packaging*

Yep, and Blue Dragon is just as bad.

don't know where to get multidisc 360 cases but I did order a couple black ones for those games from kingdom.com

http://www.kingdom.com/Kingdom-Superior-DVD-Cases-p/cdvl1a.htm?1=1&CartID=0

It indicates "Minimum quantity of units apply". What is the minimum? The only quantity I see for the 4 disc case is 25, that is way too many if that is the minimum.

Hobbun

Here you go:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/428491246/Multi_4_DVD_Case_with_Booklet.html

Unfortunately it looks like the minimum order is 42000, I guess you will need a few more copies of LO and Blue dragon :)

Damn, that sucks. That's exactly what I want (besides the quantity).

:(

Damn that's nuts.

Here's another site I considered getting cases from way back then.

http://www.sleevetown.com/dvd-case-multi.shtml

Now that I could deal with. I may go with this if I can't find it in green. Although I wonder how well the cover would fit on this. The case looks pretty wide, even for the 3-disc one.

Hobbun

http://shop.bresoftware.com/Xbox-360-Original-Replacement-Game-Case-3-Disc-Stackable-_p_24144.html

The shipping is expensive and they only have 3 disc cases, but it's an option.

And yeah, they really dropped the ball on Lost Odyssey NA case.

That's the 'exact' case they used for Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Disc stacking=sucks.

So no, that's not an option.

The irony is the same company sells a 2-disc case with a seperate (hinged) holder for the 2nd disc, but they don't make one for a third disc. Why the fuck would a taller spindle for disc stacking be considered ok?

Theonik

That's the 'exact' case they used for Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Disc stacking=sucks.

So no, that's not an option.
A thing you should note is that you'll also need a new cover for it too. The cases Asia got were thicker.
Edit: Yeah PAL got the crappy packaging too. Only Asia got the other case.

Hobbun

eerr I have the European version ofLost Odyssey and I've been blessed by the miserable package too

Well, his photo name indicated it was european packaging, so I guess it was just random for them where to throw the crappy packaging.

A thing you should note is that you'll also need a new cover for it too. The cases Asia got were thicker.

Not as worried about that. If the back of the cover partially shows up on the binding, and the crease is a little off, not going to stress about it too much. More worried about keeping the discs in good shape.

Same package. Only Japan got a proper package for Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. My apologies to the EU buyers as well, then.

Eh I didn't really care about how it was packed, LO is amazing regardless of its packaging.

You would care if your discs got scratched and it became unplayable. I don't really know if mine are scratched enough to be unplayable, but why would I want to keep the discs stacked like for it to possibly happen eventually. If it hasn't happened for yourself, I am happy for you. But I don't want to take the risk.

Metallix87

Anyone find a better solution to this issue? I just got the game used, and not only is the case awful, but it came cracked, so I need a replacement.

NeOak

Anyone find a better solution to this issue? I just got the game used, and not only is the case awful, but it came cracked, so I need a replacement.

Did you notice that the last post was:

MoxManiac
(04-06-2012, 10:19 PM)

This thread is over 2 years old. You should have made a new thread. o.o

Sin Shadow Fox

Neo Member
Yeah i got Lost Odyssey recently and am looking for a new case for it and all the links here lead to broken sites. Did you find anything?

Mephisto40

What do you mean? Is ebay selling replacement cases for this game? can you post a link?
They'll be other xbox games that use the same case that you'll be able to pick up for 99p on ebay, you just have to find out which ones, plus you'll get a free game out of it, abiet one without a case when you swap it over for the game you actually care about

Sin Shadow Fox

Neo Member
They'll be other xbox games that use the same case that you'll be able to pick up for 99p on ebay, you just have to find out which ones, plus you'll get a free game out of it, abiet one without a case when you swap it over for the game you actually care about
But then wouldn't you need to find a case for THAT game? I don't think you've thought this through very well.

Mephisto40

But then wouldn't you need to find a case for THAT game? I don't think you've thought this through very well.
Well you wouldn't be buying it for the game would you, so that would go in the bin most likely

I did this with a bunch of PS2 games years ago that I actually wanted to keep that had damaged cases, just bought trash games from car boot sales for 50p and threw the games in the trash and kept the cases

Sin Shadow Fox

Neo Member
Well you wouldn't be buying it for the game would you, so that would go in the bin most likely

I did this with a bunch of PS2 games years ago that I actually wanted to keep that had damaged cases, just bought trash games from car boot sales for 50p and threw the games in the trash and kept the cases
That is horrible. What about all the people that would have wanted to play those games? You know these games are no longer in production right? That means no new copies of these games will ever be added to the world and your just destroying disks?! Your a horrible person and I'm blocking you.

Mephisto40

That is horrible. What about all the people that would have wanted to play those games? You know these games are no longer in production right? That means no new copies of these games will ever be added to the world and your just destroying disks?! Your a horrible person and I'm blocking you.
:messenger_tears_of_joy:
I'm sure somebody is really missing their copy of "Barbie and the 12 dancing princess'"

Sin Shadow Fox

Neo Member
This bump has to be trolling
Nope. Just bought Lost Odessey a month ago and the case is genuinely awful so I'm looking for a replacement but all the links on this thread including the amaray one don't work anymore so I wanted to ask if metallic found a solution to this problem or not.

A.Romero

Nope. Just bought Lost Odessey a month ago and the case is genuinely awful so I'm looking for a replacement but all the links on this thread including the amaray one don't work anymore so I wanted to ask if metallic found a solution to this problem or not.

Well, those replies about the suggestions you got being awful and blocking users trying to help sure sound like trolling.

Sin Shadow Fox

Neo Member
Well, those replies about the suggestions you got being awful and blocking users trying to help sure sound like trolling.
Destroying old game disks does not "help" anyone and honestly makes me sick to my stomach. As someone who's currently trying to find a copy of Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess for the GameCube, the thought that there's someone out there just snapping LoZTP disks for the sake of art/aesthetic just infuriates and sickens me and I'm not going to give mephisto40 the chance to retort with whatever excuse he has.

A.Romero

Destroying old game disks does not "help" anyone and honestly makes me sick to my stomach. As someone who's currently trying to find a copy of Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess for the GameCube, the thought that there's someone out there just snapping LoZTP disks for the sake of art/aesthetic just infuriates and sickens me and I'm not going to give mephisto40 the chance to retort with whatever excuse he has.
I know best practice would be not to answer but I'll do it anyway: The gaffer was obviously not talking about a collectors item not a high demand game. The suggestion was to buy a 99 cent game which evidently would not be any like the ones people are trying to find and can't.

Also the gaffer was trying to help you (after necrobumping a 10 year old thread).

Of course you are free to use the site's features to block anyone you want but hopefully you understand how it looks like trolling. Specially if you resort to name calling.

Read the rules so you can make the best of your stay in this site.

Sin Shadow Fox

Neo Member
I know best practice would be not to answer but I'll do it anyway: The gaffer was obviously not talking about a collectors item not a high demand game. The suggestion was to buy a 99 cent game which evidently would not be any like the ones people are trying to find and can't.

Also the gaffer was trying to help you (after necrobumping a 10 year old thread).

Of course you are free to use the site's features to block anyone you want but hopefully you understand how it looks like trolling. Specially if you resort to name calling.

Read the rules so you can make the best of your stay in this site.
The price of a game does not equate its value. Every game has someone who wants to play it and thus every game is precious and more importantly limited.

Also I don't understand why some people have a problem with "necroing" older threads. The idea that an older thread can't be "relevant" just because it's old doesn't make any sense to me and no one I've talked to has been able to explain it to me. And hopefully you'll understand why I don't consider destroying old games "help".

By the way what "name" did I call him? I said what he did was horrible and he was a horrible person for doing it but I never called him a name, well other than mephisto40.

93xfan

Banned
Can’t you get them at Babbages or EBgames? The Circuit City near me has some

:p

Last edited:
Heh.

I bought both a Japanese copy of lost Odyssey with the nice case, and us version and then I put the US discs in the nice case. Overkill but that's what I did, nice game.

Alebrije

Why don just Buy separate cases for each disk since the original case is no longer avaliable ...

Yea is not the Best solution but better than nothintg

Sin Shadow Fox

Neo Member
Heh.

I bought both a Japanese copy of lost Odyssey with the nice case, and us version and then I put the US discs in the nice case. Overkill but that's what I did, nice game.
Wow, the Japanese version is only $14 on ebay. I can swap the disks, pamphlet and cover art with the new case and keep all the japanese stuff in the old case so the disks don't get damaged. I'll give this a try, thank you ^_^

93xfan

Banned
I've never heard of these stores but I'll see if there are any near me and give them a look. Thank you ^_^
It was a bad joke, sorry those are stores that used to exist when the 360 was around. Wasn’t sure if you got the joke.

Your may just need to find the cheapest used multidisc game on Amazon or eBay and swap the insert

DaGwaphics

I've always thought the CD format was the best of the quad disk designs:

Sin Shadow Fox

Neo Member
It was a bad joke, sorry those are stores that used to exist when the 360 was around. Wasn’t sure if you got the joke.

Your may just need to find the cheapest used multidisc game on Amazon or eBay and swap the insert
Ah, it's ok. And yeah, StateofMajora suggested getting the Japanese version of the game for the case so I looked on eBay and found one for $14 shockingly enough. I'll swap out the Japanese disks, pamphlet and cover and put them in the us case to put back into circulation.

Top Bottom