• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which do you prefer OVERALL? Crash Bandicoot or Spyro The Dragon? (2018)

WHICH DO YOU LIKE MORE OVERALL?

• Total voters
(NOTE: Not including Skylanders, Mutants, or the Legend of Spyro trilogy.)
Now that the remakes are out, and they are based on the original PSX games mechanics and layouts, I though it would be a good time to go over the entirety of the Crash and Spyro series, for those who have played both, and see which one was the better series and which aged better.

So which of these two do you like more overall?

Here are some notable games:

Crash Series:

Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Crash Team Racing
Crash Bash
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
Crash Twinsanity
Crash Nitro Kart
Crash Tag Team Racing
Crash Boom Bang
Crash Nitro Kart GBA
Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure
Crash Bandicoot 2: N-tranced
.........................Crash Purple.................................
Crash N.Sane Trilogy

Spyro Series:

Spyro The Dragon
Spyro 2: Riptos Rage
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Spyro 4: This game doesn't exist.
Spyro: A Heroes tail
Spyro Shadow Legacy
Spyro Season of Ice
Spyro Season of Flame
Spyro Attack of the Rhynocs.
..............Spyro Orange.................
Spyro Remake Trilogy

I never played the later entries in either series, but I'd say Spyro by far. I'm still impressed with how good the controls were on the first Spyro. It's a shame that even after the delay, the remastered trilogy still isn't on one disc.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Do you just sit around and think of anything video game related you can make a poll about?

Spyro easily. I love Year of the Dragon and Ripto's Rage. The thing is, Crash games are good or average. They have an appealing legacy, however their games are mostly linear with Warped and Cortex Strikes Back to be one of the only quality games in the series. Twinsanity and CTR are okay. Spyro games are more innovative (Despite ripping-off Mario 64) and have more freedom to collect items, and explore at your own pace and will. YoTD is better than Warped imho.

sublimit

Banned
Spyro were always the better games for me. 3rd person platforming,exploration,beautiful levels and a nice dose of humor.

I completely forgot about the Spyro remakes though after the download fiasco.These games don't exist for me.

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
Crash for sure, Spyro games are fun but I definitely prefer the more platforming focus of the first three Crash games. I also overall prefer the Crash environments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Spyro. I love crash but it just feels a bit samey all the time, and the “challenge” never really comes from the fact it’s hard, just that it’s annoying. The check points were shit, the game unforgiving, the hit boxes beyond broken and the levels awkward.

Spyro on the other hand was a joy to play. It’s worlds far nicer to be in than Crash, and it played a lot nicer. It valued your time better.

The new remakes only served to make cement this feeling for me. The Spyro remake trilogy stands as one of the best games on the current gen consoles from a fun perspective, and it would be a massive shame for them to leave it behind. I seriously hope they take the assets and engine and make a new game. I would be all over it.

Top Bottom