• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which monitor should I get? 2 choices inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!

Diablos

I have the 710T which is exactly the same as the one you are looking at, except mine has DVI. If DVI isn't an issue, get the 710N. It is one hell of a display, I'm sure VGA looks awesome.

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
I think I'm going with the Samsung. It's weird to take a $250 model over a $400 one when they're free, but all the feedback I'm seeing anywhere says that Samsung's a good gaming screen. Thanks for the help here.

Diablos

You are quite welcome. Can't go wrong with it. Don't forget to install the natural color and magicbright software that should come with it. Gamma Mode 1 (set using OSD) with Red/Green/Blue around 1.80 (using natural color), brightness at 50, contrast at 100 (using OSD/MagicTune). In Samsung MagicTune, set red to 45, green to 32 and blue to 18. The result is quite nice. Since you basically have the same display I figured you would benefit from this info. It took me a couple days to figure out what looks best, but IMO this is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom