• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Professor Layton game to start with?

So my friend was in the UK and he got me 3 DS Layton games: Spectre's call, curious village, and lost future. I have PL vs PW on 3DS already. Never played this series but wanted to get into it and Ace Attorney as I missed out on the DS games. Which one should I start with if there's an order to be followed?

Am I missing anything by playing the UK DS releases instead of the NA ones? Thanks

Also seems I need to still get Pandora's box for DS and Miracle Mask + Azran Legacy for 3DS for the full collection before Lady Layton releases on iOS and 3DS.

Play them in release order

1. Professor Layton and the Curious Village
  2. Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box/Pandora's Box
  3. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future/Lost Future
  4. Professor Layton and the Last Specter/Spectre's Call
  5. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
  6. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

Shiggy

Am I missing anything by playing the UK DS releases instead of the NA ones? Thanks

Only for Spectre's Call. That had a mini game (London Life) developed by Nintendo, which was dropped from the European version.

Either Specter's Call or Curious Village. Those are games #4 and #1 respectively; but 4/5/6 are prequels to the initial trilogy.

Lost Future is #3, so hold off on that until you've played Curious Village and Pandora's Box.

There's some voice acting differences between the UK and NA releases, but since PL vs. PW uses the PAL voice actors, you might be better off with those versions anyways. :)

Ok thanks. Release order it is. Ill try and get the second released game from the UK for shelf consistency.

Only for Spectre's Call. That had a mini game (London Life) developed by Nintendo, which was dropped from the European version.

If i enjoy the game enough, ill look into getting the NA version as well. Thank you.

Top Bottom