• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which PS3 games has the best co-op campaigns?

pants

Would appreciate some suggestions, since it's the holidays I'll be having people over.

I have two PS3s so it doesn't have to be local co-op

Thanks in advance

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Resistance 2 had a great co-op mode, but I think it was online only.

Diablo 3 should be the only game your looking at though.

FUSE is actually fun for coop, even as an otherwise unremarkable game

HAZE is straight up bad but entertainingly so in coop, especially since you have a buddy to count on rather than the bad AI http://www.co-optimus.com/review/41/haze-co-op-review.html

SCOURGE: Outbreak is basically Gears, but even dumber, less balanced, and on PS3. Great fun with a bad game. The cutscenes are works of art. LILIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH!!!!!!!

Resistance 1 and 3 have great local co-op
Didn't Resistance 2 have MMO-style coop? Tank/DPS/Healer? I guess it needs 3 people though.

Is Resistance MP down yet?

Mendax

had tons of fun with these last year:

saints row 3 (2 player), borderlands 2 (4 player), dead space 3 (2 player), beyond2souls (2 player), dragonball z budokai hd (2 player), fifa 14 (up to 8 players?), minecraft (4 player).

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
As I'm sure will be suggested a few times, but Resident Evil 5 & 6.

Resident Evil 5 is a bit more all-around solid, not really a horror game but quite a fun arcade-shooter with a pretty competent campaign. Lasts a good 8-16 hours to beat the campaign the first time, and there's a ton of unlockables (costumes, weapons, a new difficulty), on-top of Mercenaries Mode, which is easy to sink onto. Also get the Gold Edition, as it includes the DLC, including the fantastic bonus two story chapters (Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape, both of these add an additional hour or two and are probably the best chapters in the game as they responded to a lot of criticisms to RE5, as well as they come with more costumes, and a new Mercenaries Reunion Mode, which is essentially a harder version of Mercs but with more broken characters, but characters not in regular Mercs mode). It gets a lot of slack, but it honestly is one of the best co-op games around, and is both local and online.

Resident Evil 6 is a bit more uneven, it in my opinion has better highs and lower lows than RE5. It essentially has so many ideas stuffed into it, so literally almost every chapter in the game is completely different. But part of this uncertainty of what's to come next is fun in co-op, and you'll do everything from fight zombies in a neighborhood, to performing stealth, to piloting planes, to fighting giant sharks on waterslides, and a lot more. The combat is really good too, though it takes a bit to adjust too. I might suggest playing a bit of Mercs first to adjust before hoping into the campaign. Speaking of which, Mercs is awesome and worth experiencing. Though some of the stages on PS3 are DLC. I prefer it in some ways to RE5, but it definitely is a less steady, more uneven experience, that sort of has a love it/hate it status right now with gamers. However, a lot of bang for your buck, it has four completely different campaigns. and beating the story in the game should take 15-25 hours. On-top of this, there is an addicting Mercs mode, and a few small fun but throw-away modes, like a mode where you play as monsters and invade other peoples campaigns. Local and online again.

Feindflug

Rayman Legends/Origins (local only)
Resident Evil 5/6 (local & online)
Portal 2 (local & online)
Castle Crashers (local & online)

Also I sadly haven't played the Resistance games at co-op but I've only heard good things about them.

Ratrat

Lost Planet 2 is the best coop game last gen. Played it in split-screen and its a blast. Great graphics, incredible variation in environments with good level design.

pants

Things I have
Resident Evil 5
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Diablo 3
saints row 3
Dragon's Crown
Tayman
Portal 2
Castle Crashers
Killzone 3
Lost Planet 2
Lord of the Rings
Trine
Lara Croft GoL
Tekken 6 (I see no force mode though)

Things I will try
Resident Evil 6
Journey
Comet Crash (looks like Airmech wooo)
FUSE

thanks

Resistance 2, Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, Little Big Planet, Saints Row, Portal 2, CoD MW 2 and Uncharted 2have great co-op sections imo.

Not all campaigns, but great co-op.

Nero3000

This have all been said before but:

Resident Evil 5
Resistance 3
Killzone 3
Mordern Warfare 2 (Special Ops)
LittleBigPlanet 1/2
Lara Croft GoL
Portal 2
FIFA XX

GlamFM

Banned
nO4RdMs.jpg

SToRM

Uncharted 2 has some very good coop levels, but sadly those are finished in a few hours.
I also liked Portal 2's coop levels a lot.

You already have Diablo 3 and Dragon's Crown so i guess i won't have to mention those...

If you like jrpgs, Tales of Graces F can be played co-op.

Dereck

Well, it does.

It's extremely repetitive, and the online co-op is even harder than if you were to play with the AI.

If you don't have items, get ready to die over and over, and if you're gonna play co-op, get items offline, then go online. The fun doesn't last very long.

All of these have probably been suggested but

FUSE is very underrated IMO... even though it looked better as overstrike. It was a very cool game and Echolon is tons of fun.

I've had tons of fun with

Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Lara Croft Guardian of Light
Little Big Planet 1 and 2
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Trine 2
SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD: THE GAME
Dead Nation
Diablo 3
Rayman Origins and Legends (only local)

And Dead Island was very fun in co-op, even though it's FPS and the game is bad

Uncharted 2 and 3 have these co-op mission, theres 5 of them in both games I believe and they're quite fun too.

God Mode is quite a bad game but it's fun in co-op. Team work to get through waves of enemies.

Top Bottom