• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which PS3 games support the internal screenshot feature?

VLiberty

So, earlier today I just found out about this possibility. If the game allows it, you can go into the XMB -> photo and you'll find a "take a screenshot" icon.

Problem is that a lot of games I've tried today(Arkham Asylum, Fuse, Crysis 2, SARPBC, DmC, Tomb Raider) do not support it. I'd like to read through a list of compatible games, but I've only found old and outdated lists, with just a handful of games. Does anyone know more about other games which support this feature?

edit: I'm specifically talking about the XMB feature, so no photomodes.

desmax

From what I know.

Legasista
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
Tales of Xillia 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

NuttSack

It's weird that neat little features like this are gone to waste.
I remember you could select your music from your personal playlist while playing the Mortal Kombat (9) demo but in the full game you couldn't.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Tekken 6 had it, but then Tekken Tag Tournament 2 didn't, oddly enough. Took good quality shots too, though the game's IQ was always kind of messy.

TEKKEN6_69.png~original

TEKKEN6_51.png~original

TEKKEN6_50.png~original

PSOreo

Pretty sure Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots had this feature and possibly the HD collection too.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen had it, could use from the Pause menu. It would put the logo over the bottom, but you could still get some nice pics out of it.
(it's photomode, not xmb)

Creaking

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen had it, could use from the Pause menu. It would put the logo over the bottom, but you could still get some nice pics out of it.
(it's photomode, not xmb)

The quality on DD's proto-photomode sucked though. Compressed to hell and back. The XMB snaps are essentially perfect renditions of what's on the screen.

Pretty sure Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots had this feature and possibly the HD collection too.

MGS4 had an in-game camera and some pretty sweet editing tools, but I don't think it used the XMB snapshot feature.

Fisty

I think flOw and Peace Walker HD supported screenshots, but i think PW was just a photomode using the ingame camera and flOw's screenshot function was DLC. Not really sure if thats exactly what youre looking for though

Creaking

Here's a picture of what the feature looks like, for reference

47734d1380902754-screen1.gif

I also saw one for Modern Warfare 2.

dracula_x

Battlefield Bad Company supported that feature, but it was removed later for unknown reasons.

wait, the ps3 had a screenshot feature?

And not only this. Also PS3 support video recording (examples – Noby Noby Boy, Pixejunk Shooter/Eden, Burn Zombie Burn) and remote play (Shadow of Collosus, PixelJunk games, Bionic Commando Rearmed).

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
SolidusDave said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39268232&postcount=115

► XMB Screenshot Function
○ Apache: Air Assault
○ Army of TWO - The 40th Day
○ Birds of Steel
○ Blokus
○ Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (XMB opens pause menu during gameplay)
○ Death Track Resurrection
○ DiRT 2 (only active during final replays)
○ DiRT Showdown (only active during final replays)
○ echochrome
○ echochrome ii
○ Ghostbusters: The Video Game
○ GundeadliGne
○ Gundemonium Recollection
○ Hitogata Happa
○ Hustle Kings
○ IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey
○ Mad Riders (XMB opens pause menu during gameplay)
○ MAG (first in beta, then removed in final game, later activated again via patch)
○ Mercury Hg
○ MLB 09: The Show
○ MLB 10: The Show
○ MLB 11: The Show
○ Modern Combat: Domination
○ Move Fitness (XMB opens pause menu during gameplay)
○ nail'd (XMB opens pause menu during gameplay but not during replays)
○ NOBY NOBY BOY
○ PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap
○ PixelJunk Shooter
○ PixelJunk Shooter 2
○ PixelJunk SideScroller
○ Polar Panic
○ Scene It? Movie Night
○ Sideway: New York
○ Tekken 6
○ Time Leap
○ The Fight
○ The Shoot
○ Under Siege
○ Wolfenstein
That posts from a few years ago but I doubt it was removed from any of those games since then!

chekhonte

Wow, I learned something new. I had no idea you could take a screen shot in any ps3 game that didn't have a built in screen shot function. I really wish it had a wider implementation and was more widely known.

I feel that if people knew about it, we would have asked for more games to take advantage of it.

Top Bottom