• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Sony Studios are most likely to show up at E3?

Kinda related, Sony E3 will at least have 5 trailers of 3rd party games:
  • Batman: Arkham knight
  • Destiny expansion (comet or something like that)
  • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
  • Star wars Battlefront
  • The new CoD
The last two will take a big chunk of time from Sony E3 conference, and I'm sure there will more trailers from other 3rd party games. So I don't think Sony will show that many first party games.

Their conferences are usually close to 2 hours long. Plenty of time for Cod and Battlefront.

ZarKryn7

Does it really matter when they have been sub-par for the last 2 years? Make me care Sony, because I'm starting to forget why your first party is held at such high regards.

Gravity Rush 2, Gran Turismo 7 and Uncharted Remastered for this fall would make me happy. Even if its 2/3 in terms of odds. As for Ratchet & Clank, I have no reason to care for a franchise that refuses to be good in the past 6 years. Actually, I wouldn't blame the franchise, rather Sony/Insomniac for their abstinence to try and make something worthwhile and not budget.

Best wishes.

Well damn...

Chobel believes it and how much that judgment should be trusted can be seen with the avatar and tag. ;-)

kelso-burn-o.gif

GnawtyDog

Banned
Their conferences are usually close to 2 hours long. Plenty of time for Cod and Battlefront.

The conference will be pretty damn long.

Batman: Arkham knight
Destiny expansion (comet or something like that)
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
Star wars Battlefront
The new CoD

That's just the tip.

Rime,
The Tomorrow Children,
No Mans Sky,
Shadow of the Beast
AlienNation
Killstrain

At least 3 of those will get some sort of mention and showing.

Then you have the big titles:

Until Dawn - new trailer + release date.
Teraway Unfolded - new trailer + release date.

Street Fighter V, new character (Bison) trailer + BETA details.

Guerrila's new IP - Horizon.
Sony Bend's new IP.
Uncharted 4 story trailer + new demo? Possibly online MP Beta info?

+ More Indy collaborations.

If Project Morpheus is there then we are talking 2:30 conference least or a lot of stuff will be cut.

This E3 will be insane.

Servbot24

Banned

Star wars Battlefront
The new CoD

That's just the tip.

Rime,
The Tomorrow Children,
No Mans Sky,
Shadow of the Beast
AlienNation
Killstrain

Sony Bend's new IP.

If Project Morpheus is there then we are talking 2:30 conference least or a lot of stuff will be cut.

This E3 will be insane.

If Tearaway and Until Dawn are the big games, Sony will be laughed out of E3. :p

Sotha_Sil

I'll be watching to see what Bend, Guerrilla, Studio Japan, and Quantic Dream come up with. I don't really care what the others do, unless it's new IPs.

Star wars Battlefront
The new CoD

That's just the tip.

Rime,
The Tomorrow Children,
No Mans Sky,
Shadow of the Beast
AlienNation
Killstrain

Sony Bend's new IP.

This E3 will be insane.

Yep. I think the major showcases with long trailers will be

Drawn to Death
No Mans Sky
Uncharted 4
Metal Gear Solid 5
Star Wars Battlefront
Rime
WiLD
The Witness
Ratchet and Clank: Origin
Call of Duty ( * shudder * )
Destiny expansion + Destiny 2 teaser
Final Fantasy XV
Tearaway Unfolded
Until Dawn
Persona 5

Then I think the unveils will go something like

Kingdom Hearts 3
Gran Turismo 7
God of War 4
Guerilla Games new IP
Media Molecule new IP
The Last Guardian
Level 5 JRPG
SquareEnix new IP
SquareEnix new remasters, FFXII and DQVIII
#BuildtheList unveil

With maybe another 2-3 secret games to unveil

It will be a fun E3 I think

GeoramA

Naughty Dog will show Uncharted 4
Santa Monica will probably announce GoW IV
Insomniac will hopefully unveil Ratchet & Clank
Hello Games will show off more No Man's Sky
Project Morpheus hype (Media Molecule?)

Those are the definites. I expect a lot of third-party stuff and a couple more game announcements.

Sony has E3, Gamescom, TGS, and PSX in a span of 6 months. They have to spread it around.

If Tearaway and Until Dawn are the big games, Sony will be laughed out of E3. :p

I believe one is a port and another was a budget Move only PS3 game, (many similarities to Ryse here). The Ratchet game being a reboot/remake/whatever it is. Uncharted Remastered being, well a remaster.

I doubt having just Gravity Rush 2 would excite people, but if its an improvement over the original, I'd play it. Gran Turismo 7 sounds rather unlikely despite my wishes for it appearing this fall.

All speculation though. As bitter as I may sound, I don't see any reason for unjustified excitement either.

Best wishes.

Zukkoyaki

I personally expect Bend and Guerrilla to show up and announce their new games. I also expect Sony Japan to show up with Gravity Rush 2 (packaged with Gravity Rush 1 for PS4) and with their logo attached to Level-5's game.

DJIzana

Yep. I think the major showcases with long trailers will be

Drawn to Death
No Mans Sky
Uncharted 4
Metal Gear Solid 5
Star Wars Battlefront
Rime
WiLD
The Witness
Ratchet and Clank: Origin
Call of Duty ( * shudder * )
Destiny expansion + Destiny 2 teaser
Final Fantasy XV
Tearaway Unfolded
Until Dawn

Then I think the unveils will go something like

Kingdom Hearts 3
Gran Turismo 7
God of War 4
Guerilla Games new IP
Media Molecule new IP
The Last Guardian
Level 5 JRPG
SquareEnix new IP
SquareEnix new remasters, FFXII and DQVIII
#BuildtheList unveil

With maybe another 2-3 secret games to unveil

It will be a fun E3 I think

After Level 5's recent conference? I don't see that happening. To me, sounds like they've given up on console games. Cyberconnect2 though... We know they have large surprises in the works.

After Level 5's recent conference? I don't see that happening. To me, sounds like they've given up on console games. Cyberconnect2 though... We know they have large surprises in the works.

They announced months ago they had a Ps4 game ready to unveil at E3. With the mountain of cash Youkai Watch Is making them they can more then afford to make a big budget JRPG for the Ps4.

Ray Down

Banned
What we don't know

Team Japan - very large, multiple games developed simultaneously- Yes
--Team Gravity - 3 years since last game- probably just the remaster, GR2 TGS
--Team Ico - last game (lol)- In my dreams they will be
Polyphony Digital - 2 years since last game- Maybe, GT 7
Sony Bend - 3 years since last game- Defiantly, show us Demonite
Santa Monica - 2 years since last game- No, Maybe at PSX
Sucker Punch - 1.5 years since last game- Maybe a teaser
Guerrilla Games - 2 years since last game- Yeah Horizon will probably be reviled
--Guerilla Cambridge - 2 years since last game- I think Killzone might be ready
Media Molecule - multiteam, 4 years since last game, Tearaway developed alongside new IP- Probably, either E3 or GDC
Sony London - usually releases several games per year, probably working on Morpheus- Probably another more detailed in-depth heist demo
Quantic Dream - second party technically, 2 years since last game- Don't know

My answers.

I-hate-u

Sony will have to dedicate a huge portion of their conference to third party titles and indies. I am not sure how much first party content can show at this E3, if their show is 2 hours long. Lets say that MM and XDEV are showing their games at GC, and Sucker Punch/Guerilla Cambridge/Quantic are showing up at PSX. I think the following will show up:

Guerilla: Dino
SSM: GOW4
SCEJ: Bloodborne DLC + Demon's Remaster, and The Last Guardian
Bend: Whatever they are doing
ND: Uncharted 4
Insomniac: Ratchet
Sony London: Morpheus

Third Party Bonus that will take the majority of the show:
Battlefront
Batman
MGSV
SFV
FF15
COD or AC or neither.

GorillaJu

Yeah, I wanna see some receipts.

Studio Japan is a very big studio. It's a 20 story building in Shinagawa, Tokyo. They have a handful of projects underway and they will show up at E3 but it may not be what people are expecting.

I doubt it. Was there any remaster news outside of Grim Fandango at last years E3? Sony usually announces those between conferences.

Kojima comes on stage with Del Toro they announce SIlent Hills coming exclusively to PS4 being made by SCEJ's Siren team some old Silent Hill veterans and Kojima himself.

Siren team is now the Gravity Daze team, iirc.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Guerilla's ip and bloodborne expansion along with lots of new ip hopefully. Sony has tons of studios that have been dark for years so they should have plenty to show. Fully expecting a ton of 3rd party stuff from last year though :/ Gamescon/ps experience will be better.

Courage

Will Persona 5 be there? I imagine it will be launching this fall unless it gets pushed back.

I have an eerie suspicion it's gonna get delayed. I hope not since it's probably the only game I'd be getting for my PS4 this Fall.

ZarKryn7

Why in the actual f*** would Sony have CoD there? That franchise has the Xbox stigma for them all over it. Sigh... As long as they show big, new, and a variety of games from their WWS. I'm good.

A.J.

Banned
I have an eerie suspicion it's gonna get delayed. I hope not since it's probably the only game I'd be getting for my PS4 this Fall.

Rumors are saying October and I feel like the trailer had a pretty finished looking product. The only variable is the English voice work.

KingJ2002

I was thinking about what could possibly be announced by many of the different publishers and thats when I realized just how many of Sony's studios we don't really know about and could possibly show something at E3.

What we know

Naughty Dog - UC4
Sony San Diego - MLB, Killstrain, Drawn to Death
Evolution Studios - Still working on Driveclub
Insomniac - second party, R&C Reboot

What we don't know

Team Japan - very large, multiple games developed simultaneously
--Team Gravity - 3 years since last game
--Team Ico - last game (lol)
Polyphony Digital - 2 years since last game
Sony Bend - 3 years since last game
Santa Monica - 2 years since last game
Sucker Punch - 1.5 years since last game
Guerrilla Games - 2 years since last game
--Guerilla Cambridge - 2 years since last game
Media Molecule - multiteam, 4 years since last game, Tearaway developed alongside new IP
Sony London - usually releases several games per year, probably working on Morpheus
Quantic Dream - second party technically, 2 years since last game

Rumors/Soft Announcements
(By soft announcements I mean games that have been confirmed in development but not really formally revealed, like Gears of War from MS)

Studio Japan - TLG
Santa Monica - God of War
Polyphony Digital - GT7
Team Gravity - Gravity Rush 2
Guerrilla Games - Horizon (Robot Dino RPG)

Which Sony studios do you think are going to show up this E3? Sony has said they want to shorten the time between announce and release. As of right now the only games announced for 2016 are SFV and Uncharted 4 by delay. Let me know if I'm missing anything.

Outside of project by independent studios like Insomniac (R&C Movie Game) & Supermassive games (Until Dawn)...

I definitely expect:

Santa Monica - God of War
San Diego - Drawn To Death
Polyphony Digital - Gran Turismo
Naughty Dog - Uncharted
Team Japan - Unannounced Titles
Media Molecule - Tearaway Unfolded / Unannounced Project

My gut is also telling me:

Team Ico (they're too quiet... I think it's time for a teaser)
Sucker Punch - (Infamous has come and gone... time to announce a new project)
Guerrilla Games - Unannounced Project Unveiling

^^this... mixed in with your third party unveilings... makes for a good show.

I'm almost certain Media Molecule will have something short but sweet to tease and have more at gamescom. I expect a pretty heavy first party showing with lots of reveals considering we have no clue what a lot of their studios have been working on. Call me crazy but I think we'll see something special for PS+ members that's just going to continue to add value for subscribers. perhaps limited access maybe a game or so a month on Psnow just for being a plus subscriber.

Elandyll

Banned
Beside ND for UC4, Imo Santa Monica (GoW3 remaster and maybe a surprise), Bend (new Horror IP supposedly), SCEJ (TLG Believe! + Tomorrow Children) and imo also Polyphony for GT7.

At Gamescom probably Media Molecule, Quantic Dream (technically not Sony) and Guerilla.

TGS will probably be a lot more 3rd party oriented between the collaborations with Capcom and SE, among others.

Top Bottom