• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Superhero is hands down the best leader/field commander/tactician?

Status
Not open for further replies.
captainamerica-nextgen.jpg

Tis my pick hands down. Captain America treats every member of his team like family, never gives up, and most of all, never backs down from a fight no matter how impossible the odds.

He's managed to get even THOR to take orders from him without hesitation saying he'd follow him to the gates of Hades.

Oh, and when DC and Marvel had a crossover, who did Batman say should lead their team of heroes? Motherfucking Steve Rogers that's who. The man with no superpowers, just enhanced to the peak of human perfection. HE was chosen to lead a group of heroes, some of which could easily destroy entire planets and star systems.

ReiGun

Way to kill your own thread, OP.

Cyclops also deserves a shoutout. From DC, my man Dick Grayson is a great leader.

DaveH

If we're citing, "who does Batman defer to" then there's an issue of DC One Million where Batman cites Flash's tactical and strategic analysis as anything beyond the 853rd Century's most advanced tactical field computers and has them follow Flash's instructions.

jackdoe

Unfortunately, Marvel has made Captain America a complete dumbass on a number of events just to instigate conflict between heroes. I'm looking at you Civil War and AvX. His normally sane decision making just goes out the window because the writers need him to be out of character.

Superman is also up there as a leader. He's always the last one standing and the most inspirational as a hero.

T'Zariah

Banned
Got to go with Supes on this one.

The man pretty much walks into a room and doesn't even have to say anything and he becomes leader automatically.

Never seen Cap do that.

If we're citing, "who does Batman defer to" then there's an issue of DC One Million where Batman cites Flash's tactical and strategic analysis as anything beyond the 853rd Century's most advanced tactical field computers and has them follow Flash's instructions.

no, it's just that Flash is faster than any super computer so he ran through millions of scenarios really quick.

It's Cap or Superman. There's a reason why they're the leaders of the biggest super hero teams in their respective universes.

happypup

Doctor Doom. that guy knows how to lead.

Seriously if he wants to get something done he can get anybody he needs to do it at any time.

Yes you might say he s a super villain and not a super hero, but those notions of hero and villain are beneath DOOM.

karasu

Superman in JLA during Grant Morrison's Run. The guy willingly gave up his powers just so he could give batman back up. That's fucking class.

LaNaranja

Doctor Doom.

Fuck dude above me beat me :/

Anyway this reminds me that Secret Wars was pretty great. Cap's team vs Doom's vs the useless X-Men vs Galactus was great.

Cap. AvX/CW was a bad example. Look at Infinity and past sagas.

Man walks into a room and people listen. Then he goes toe to toe with cosmic powerhouses and beats them.

Cap is a strategic mastermind.

Best. Leader. Ever.

Showaddy

Cap. AvX/CW was a bad example. Look at Infinity and past sagas.

Man walks into a room and people listen. Then he goes toe to toe with cosmic powerhouses and beats them.

Cap is a strategic mastermind.

Best. Leader. Ever.

That's more to do with the writers ridiculous abuse of Deus ex machina than any actually ability on Cap's part.

i came in this thread expecting nothing but batman logo's like gotham city itself was being raped and was dissapointed.

but still see alot of batman, so still pleased

Captain America.

On an old Wizard magazine, I once read that the #2 team in comics was the JLA, and it was because the League is a collection of super individuals that part ways as soon as the crisis is over, and the #1 team was the Avengers mostly due to them being a team, they shared meals, trained, fought and lived together, and that Cap's leadership keep the team as a unique and formidable force, and even Thor, a god, followed Cap's orders without hesitation.

Captain America.

On an old Wizard magazine, I once read that the #2 team in comics was the JLA, and it was because the League is a collection of super individuals that part ways as soon as the crisis is over, and the #1 team was the Avengers mostly due to them being a team, they shared meals, trained, fought and lived together, and that Cap's leadership keep the team as a unique and formidable force, and even Thor, a god, followed Cap's orders without hesitation.
This is a good point. Superman is almost always the strongest and most powerful person in the room, Cap is pretty far down the line in power for the Avengers, yet even the people that could crush him follow his lead.

Lautaro

captainamerica-nextgen.jpg

Tis my pick hands down. Captain America treats every member of his team like family, never gives up, and most of all, never backs down from a fight no matter how impossible the odds.

That seems like a very bad trait for a commander but I guess if the plot is on your side you can do it.

Keasar

I'm gonna go with the guy who's tactical and strategic ability kicked the shit out of a invincible man god.

batman-vs-superman-the-dark-knight-returns.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom