• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Chronicles Media and Information Thread

Truant

Based on what you guys know, would this be a suitable first JRPG for someone who has never played one before?

Also, any news on a Euro releasedate?

Zalasta

Kagari said:
New info in Chinese Famitsu... D: can't read it though...

I could, but I'm too lazy to look for a scan of it online. Plus work has blocked a lot of gaming sites in the last week.

Issun23

DMPrince said:
lol @ the female frog on the character page. I swear she's saying something inappropriate :lol

She's called Amanda. Sounds pretty nasty. :lol (Her voice not the name. :lol )

Esch

Banned
Graphically very underwhelming IMO. Which is sad because L5 are one of those few j-devs who can consistently make great looking games for their platform.

rykomatsu

since no one's responded, i guess I'll put a GAF WKC club together in Home tonight if it doesn't cost anything/much.

Clubs are region free unlike the homesquare/common areas right?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
rykomatsu said:
since no one's responded, i guess I'll put a GAF WKC club together in Home tonight if it doesn't cost anything/much.

Clubs are region free unlike the homesquare/common areas right?

I think they cost $4.99, and are regionless.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
EschatonDX said:
Graphically very underwhelming IMO. Which is sad because L5 are one of those few j-devs who can consistently make great looking games for their platform.

I'll judge that when I play it on my TV.

WinFonda

EschatonDX said:
I guess when you consider it piece by piece to other games, yeah. But when you take into account that the game is has large open environments to explore with seamless battles, character customization, and online integration, then WKC is doing a lot of stuff that many Japanese devs won't even consider. I mean, there are still a ton of Japanese RPGs that don't have visible equipment on your characters yet.

rykomatsu

Clubhouse setup in Home

Search for J-GAF WKC Club or my PSN ID: MelloBoy and shoot me a message or

if you're interested, of course...i'll be in and around home/online for a while

cheers

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
rykomatsu said:
Clubhouse setup in Home

cheers

I'll sign up tonight :D

So with my new interest in importing jRPG would GAF suggest I wait it out for the NA localized version or just go ahead and buy JPN?

God I love Level5

Loudninja

rykomatsu said:
Clubhouse setup in Home

cheers

Sent mine :)

xero273

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
So with my new interest in importing jRPG would GAF suggest I wait it out for the NA localized version or just go ahead and buy JPN?

God I love Level5

I suggest waiting for NA version. If you don't have a decent knowledge of japanese, you won't know what is going on.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DMPrince said:
Each day that Kagari doesn't have the thread up we lose 10k sale.

BTW. no one is going to translate the comic? ;o

lol. I told you this weekend! I have Saturday/Sunday off, so expect it soon.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Broadbandito said:
So I don't want to sound dumb but is there a date for NA? and is the JPN release gonna have english subtitles?

The NA version will likely come out by spring, so March/April since localization is already under way. I doubt the Japanese version has English subs.

Kagari said:
The NA version will likely come out by spring, so March/April since localization is already under way. I doubt the Japanese version has English subs.

damn, I really wanna get this at X-mas, but might as well wait for a version I can understand. :lol

rykomatsu

Membership requests that were sent throughout the night have been accepted

sorry for the somewhat bland room...my JPN wallet ran out and won't be able to charge it for a bit >.>

thuway

God I see so much potential with this IP. All Sony has to do is refine a few concepts, pretty up the graphics, and bundle the fuck out of this and FFXIII.

Snipes424

There was an article just posted from a website that shall not be named that showed an increase of sells of PS3s from a week ago with WKC being in it's second week. If that is confusing, it means, WKC wasn't a "one week wonder" and it might have some legs to it, like monster hunter or mario kart.

I hope it comes out in the States soon, I want to try it out.

Top Bottom