• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who else loves when (spoiler) ****** (Spoiler) ****? Last of Us Part 2

Who loves it when Abby bashes Dina's face?

• I love it!

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • I don't love it.

Votes: 24 49.0%

• Total voters

Topher

Gold Member
Lucille Ball Reaction GIF
Matthew Broderick GIF
If You Say So Wow GIF by Barstool Sports

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It's a 4 year old game, hell it's getting a remaster even, cmon with the spoiler stuff folks. Don't report my posts in the Tomb Raider I-III Remastered OT as spoilers, lol... Op you're sick though.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Yep. Exactly. Wouldn't surprise me if they chose the name Abby since the characters is just muscle(all Abs). I feel like the overarching plot would have been better if Abby was a RE3 Nemesis kind of character that was a more advanced form of the Cordyceps virus which could easily explain why they are a hulking mass of a person. Game seemed to want to push a very poorly written revenge story. And if the theme of violence is bad was the point I'd much prefer a Incredible Hulk game instead. Lots of destruction only to be left with sadness and regret. Unlike the Hulk though the characters are far from being an angry and scared child that wants to be left alone.

The plot you get is just a post apocalyptic world filled with a bunch of terrible people. In the long term I think the mushrooms are gonna win the long game. It's rather curious when you get down to it. The virus enhances aggressive behavior and both characters are so narrowly driven towards revenge that they may as well be infected already.

Reactions: Isa

Del_X

Shit story with shit plot convenience and I'm tired of dweebs putting on rose-tinted glasses. Pregnant idiot Mel opting to go get shot for Ellie's "character" development is awful. Spending like 45 minutes looking at shit in a museum for an extended "playable" cutscene is garbage. Let's see what else - "oh yeah I guess I won't kill you now lol."

Druckman is a hack.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Thats the type of intelecto dementum Cuckman cause on people.

Either is "you all sour", "you're problematic" and other name calling if you disagree. See if this shit happened to GoT or Days Gone.

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
It's human nature (and not necessarily a positive aspect of it) to find satisfaction when a character gets what one deems to be righteous violent comeuppance.

Having said that, I don't think Dina deserved that kind of treatment, so, no, I didn't love it.

Boss Mog

The only scene I love in that game is when the pregnant girl says: "You're a piece of shit Abby and you always have been".

The scene before that was cathartic though. Im sure the number of people just letting Ellie murder Abby over and over again was in the millions. Once we got that out of our system, do we understand the futility of it all.
Godamn Druckman
Dj Khaled Yes GIF by VH1

H4ze

I played TLOU 1+2 this month for the first time, back to back and they amazed me.
But because of the story and cinematics, the gameplay is utter shit and I wish I would just have played them on easy.

Eiknarf

Banned
It's human nature (and not necessarily a positive aspect of it) to find satisfaction when a character gets what one deems to be righteous violent comeuppance.

Having said that, I don't think Dina deserved that kind of treatment, so, no, I didn't love it.
Well, the fight was between Abby and Ellie, and Dina did come at Abby from behind with a knife...etc So, it's only logical that Abby would want to change the bone structure of Dina's face to the point where she'd need plastic surgery to be recognizable...etc.

Besides, this is the third time Abby lets Ellie live.
1. When Ellie came after Joel and Abby's crew had Ellie on the floor.
2. When Abby and Lev are contemplating what to do with Tommy and Ellie and Jess come storming in.
3. The fight scene above/linked in this thread in the OP

I finally found the spoiler tag option after 2 years, nice and hidden under "more options". And I only saw it by going on a desktop. Wouldn't have found it via mobile the way I usually post.
My infraction points should be waved.

"No, Eiknarf! You posted a spoiler on purpose!!"

No, I didnt. The spoiler option should be more visible like in other message boards where spoilers are expected

Top Bottom