• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered is 79GB

Tarnpanzer

Doesnt this just mean that they dont have more headroom for locked 40 fps. "REAL" 40 fps mode has always the same fidelity than 30 fps

In Part 1 it never really reached 40 in action scenes, so the "unlock framerate" option was kinda useless. You may check out the video from DF for that.

1800p-Mode for 40fps+ would have been a better option for both games.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Doesnt this just mean that they dont have more headroom for locked 40 fps. "REAL" 40 fps mode has always the same fidelity than 30 fps

Exactly, Part 1's 40 FPS cap was just an aspirational cap. It barely had headroom to go over 30 in most cases, with some heavy fights even dropping below 30.

So they changed the wording in a patch update, removed the 40 FPS cap option and left the unlocked FPS option in there so people with VRR can go above 30.

GHG

I can't wait for Sony to charge $10-$15 for PS5 Pro patches.

Why the fuck wouldn't they? It's not like you wouldn't buy them.

Jodie Whittaker Ok GIF by Doctor Who

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I watched the df video. I hope I couldn't see any difference because of my phone. Calling it a remaster seems a bit... wrong.

Justin9mm

Torn whether to play fidelity 120hz VRR or Performance 120hz VRR. I completed this on the PS4 Pro at launch, I was so excited to play through it again with 60fps patch but didn't get around to it and then they announced this. On one hand, it seems wrong waiting so long and looking forward to play 60fps only to play it again around 40-50 fps. On the other hand, I could of just played the PS4 version at 60fps as no visual difference to PS5 performance mode so the upgrade would essentially be just for the extra game modes rather than a visual one. Ahh I hate having these choices!

Last edited:
Top Bottom