• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered PS5 - DF Tech Review - A Worthy Upgrade?

Not really impressed and I don't care about the extra content. I thought this would be a no-brainer $10 upgrade but now it seems like simply being able to play the PS4 version with my DS4 is far better than any of the upgrades.

So basically a 60fps patch with a higher draw distance setting.
Can't say I expected much but holy hell....
It's a massive missed opportunity for one of the best games made in the last 5 years. Who developed this was it Naughty Dog? If it was them then it's something they've done on the side by the looks.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
TLoU Part II Remastered PS5 is 49.99€ here
TLoU Part I PS5 is 72.99€
TLoU Remastered PS4 is 19.99€
TLoU Part II PS4 is 39.99€.

So yes, they made 5 "full" versions out of 2 games, og TLoU PS3 included.
People would bring up Fable as one of the old repetitive Xbox games.

There's more LOU releases than Fable. And that even includes the budget Xbox XBLA Fable game. And LOU releases are all condensed into only two games.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I am now totally convinced that companies are purposely holding their games from even targeting a locked 60 frames per second which could easily be done with the talent on those teams instead I believe there idea to release it as an upgrade on PS five wait six months and then they’ll re-release it on PC where they will upgrade the graphics and hopefully get double dip purchases I’ve notices happening a lot with developers that port to both systems. I’ve played enough PS five games to know that they can easily get 60 frames out of almost all these games by reducing some things. The fact that they don’t do that and they are OK with 30 to 40 frames with VRR tells me everything I need to know.

King Dazzar

So even the pixel counters are struggling to find significant changes.
Visually its the fidelity mode and then you really need a 120hz TV, ideally with VRR. But if so, then it is imo a noticeable upgrade. Because you're either gaming at 90+fps as before, or 4k at 40+ fps. It brings the game into alignment with the likes Uncharted and Pt1 remake.

yamaci17

So even the pixel counters are struggling to find significant changes.
even on my 1080p screen i see a massive, staggering difference between quality and perf modes. (perf mode being equivalent to the old 1440p resolution that ps4 pro used to run the game with)

idk about pixel counters but if people report they cant see change between 1440p and 4k modes means they're at a view distance that is way too far for their screen's capabilities.

You ain't getting shit from ND this gen. Couple with the fact they wasted how many years on Last of Us Factions. It's a complete shit show over there.

I'm very dissapointed in ND this gen. They haven't got a single new game to show this gen. Seem to be coasting off remakes and sequels to Last of Us since last gen. Uncharted 4 was the worst for me in the series.
I'd not call UC4 the worst or some hyperbolic thing. UC4 direction change from Amy Hennig to Neil/Bruce Strayley resulted in a subdued experience. Amy's story telling was super exciting and hype fest in terms of set piece greatness. Neil/Bruce try to Last Of Us ify Uncharted via UC4. It's a bitter sweet conclusion to the franchise. Lost Legacy was much more exciting though.

Eiknarf

Banned
You ain't getting shit from ND this gen. Couple with the fact they wasted how many years on Last of Us Factions. It's a complete shit show over there.

I'm very dissapointed in ND this gen. They haven't got a single new game to show this gen. Seem to be coasting off remakes and sequels to Last of Us since last gen. Uncharted 4 was the worst for me in the series.
Are PlayStation gamers really not getting a new IP from Naughty Dog this gen?!
Like, for real?
I thought there was some new single player IP in development that'd drop at the end of the PS5 cycle (this way they can give it a remaster for the PS6)?

Top Bottom