• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II Remastered Announced + Trailer. Release Slated for January 2024

Skifi28

In addition to No Return Mode + Lost Levels, the original PS5 update:

The game is already 1440p on PS4 pro so we got 1440p60, not 1080p with the update. Judging by Uncharted 4, I would imagine it's still going to be 1440p60 even on PS5 with a few small visual upgrades here and there unless they figured out dynamic resolution on their engine. Nowhere near enough horsepower for 4k60 by the looks of things.

Last edited:

GooseMan69

Interesting note: this is currently 4th among PS5 games on Amazon best sellers. Wouldn’t be surprised if this elevates it near the 20 million mark for total units sold.

If you're from Europe you can get the physical version of TLOU2 Remastered for €40 on Amazon. It will also sit better on the shelf next to TLOU Part 1. 😉

372RHwF.png

Interesting note: this is currently 4th among PS5 games on Amazon best sellers. Wouldn’t be surprised if this elevates it near the 20 million mark for total units sold.

It'll be interesting, not sure how upgraded "units sold" are tracked. Did they count as Units sold for Ghost and Death Stranding?

And one I would assume at least like 50% of total sales will be through the upgrade path.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I was in the middle of the second playthrough. Stopped. Then a few months later heard remastered was getting released.

Wondering if I should start it all over. I didn't get far in second run.

I think if you can remember where you were at in your current run you should just wrap that one up. Might risk burnout if you go through the entire thing again this close to release.

Eiknarf

Banned
Will the $10 upgrade (using the PS4 disc) also update our PS5 Dualsense to having all the haptics and trigger effects?

Capitan Todd

Neo Member
So excited to play this next week. I never played the original PS4 version either. I somehow managed to avoid any spoilers or other surprises about this game the last few years, so I'm going in practically blind.

I just realised it has been 10 years ago already since I played the first one..

tommib

If all this is a patch that unlocks resolution and framerate for PS5 they can shove that extra $10 up there ass.
There are new levels, a new roguelite mode, and will have a native 4K mode that with VRR should over around 40 to 50 frames. + graphics enhancements like better LOD and I’m sure better textures.

Somehow I don’t think it will look better than the Part I remake specially regarding lighting.

The current PS4 version on PS5 already has unlocked frame rate. Or you also want to shove that someone’s ass?

CGNoire

There are new levels, a new roguelite mode, and will have a native 4K mode that with VRR should over around 40 to 50 frames. + graphics enhancements like better LOD and I’m sure better textures.

Somehow I don’t think it will look better than the Part I remake specially regarding lighting.

The current PS4 version on PS5 already has unlocked frame rate. Or you also want to shove that someone’s ass?
Sounds to me more like a glorified game of the year addition patch that there charging $10 for.

Eiknarf

Banned

Not to mention the most important thing: Duelsense support! All the haptic feedback and trigger effects missing from the PS4 version.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
So excited to play this next week. I never played the original PS4 version either. I somehow managed to avoid any spoilers or other surprises about this game the last few years, so I'm going in practically blind.

I just realised it has been 10 years ago already since I played the first one..

Oh boy are you in for a ride...
Gameplay is amazeballs, and the graphics...shit, It looks so good (still) that I can't understand for the life of me how they got this game running on a normal PS4.

Game's pretty meaty too, took me 40 hours to finish it on hardcore.

Enjoy

King Dazzar

Playing through PT1 remake at the mo and really looking forward to this. Should time in just nicely. Great that saves transfer across, so should be able to jump straight into a NG+...

angrod14

Anyone knows when the review embargo lifts? I want to see in-depth footage of the improvements.

Last edited:
The game is already 1440p on PS4 pro so we got 1440p60, not 1080p with the update. Judging by Uncharted 4, I would imagine it's still going to be 1440p60 even on PS5 with a few small visual upgrades here and there unless they figured out dynamic resolution on their engine. Nowhere near enough horsepower for 4k60 by the looks of things.
It will be 4k at around 50fps

This will look better than the PS4 game, easily. Y'all need to get wit it

Will probably have better LOD and that's a big plus for me. Part 1 at 30fps looks great

Top Bottom