• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II Remastered Announced + Trailer. Release Slated for January 2024

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
How is such a minor release generating such drama?

It's a $10 dlc for a game that's already been patched to 60fps on PS5. Furthermore it evidently isn't the only thing ND has been working on for the last few years, and even if it was that's hardly relevant to its merits as a product.

The depths of the butt-hurt that this game has unleashed in some people boggles my mind.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And when Nintendo does this........
Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

MikeM

It's a $10 dlc for a game that's already been patched to 60fps on PS5. Furthermore it evidently isn't the only thing ND has been working on for the last few years, and even if it was that's hardly relevant to its merits as a product.

The depths of the butt-hurt that this game has unleashed in some people boggles my mind.
Yeah I don’t get it either. $10 for a modern update seems reasonable.

I didn't know this existed. I just stumbled across a pre-order page on my local shop's website and actually thought it was a joke. I came here to see if it was real.

How the mighty have fallen.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
New Trailer for the "No Return" mode.

Playable Characters are below. Each have different traits/abilities.

Ellie Dina Jesse Tommy Joel Abby Lev Yara Mel & Manny

Looks like it has numerous different Game Modes and Levels as well

Can't wait for this tbh.

Is the chick pregnant when you play as her? Is there like a Death Stranding meta game specifically for the pregnant duo?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I didn't know this existed. I just stumbled across a pre-order page on my local shop's website and actually thought it was a joke. I came here to see if it was real.

Its a side project made entirely by new hires. They are working on 2 brand new single players. No one has fallen off but Bungie

K2D

Banned

Oh, canceled the delayed Ps4 Factions multiplayer and canceled stand alone multiplayer after they "pivoted". Doesn't get brought up enough.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Oh, canceled the delayed Ps4 Factions multiplayer and canceled stand alone multiplayer after they "pivoted". Doesn't get brought up enough.

Games get cancelled all the time, what's the big deal? Especially as it was never trailered or even publicly named.

Its also entirely possible, likely even, that this add-on was always planned independently of factions. I mean, it seems logical for them to offset costs/joint promote the PC release with something new for the original release in the same way they bundled Left Behind into the reissue of the first game when it previously was a paid add-on.

Eiknarf

Banned
Going through TLOU Remastered right now. Game looks really good on PS5 and runs between 70-90fps (decent for PC fam like me). Excited to go through Part 2 with this update.
Ya mean The Last of Us Part 1 Remake from 9/2/22?

Or the old Last Of Us Remastered from 7/29/14?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

It just shows you're out of touch. We've been talking about it for weeks.

Is there a version where we’re not playing as ugly af lesbians.

You can play as a snowflake if that makes you feel better.....

DrFigs

Games get cancelled all the time, what's the big deal? Especially as it was never trailered or even publicly named.

Its also entirely possible, likely even, that this add-on was always planned independently of factions. I mean, it seems logical for them to offset costs/joint promote the PC release with something new for the original release in the same way they bundled Left Behind into the reissue of the first game when it previously was a paid add-on.
This is a Naughty Dog game made after the last of us part 2 and there are people who want to hate it because of that. it doesn't help that playstation doesnt have a ton of games coming out. of course you are right that games get cancelled all the time (and they never showed anything other than concept art for it anyway), but there's just a ton of negativity towards playstation about their lack of games and naughty dog for no good reason in particular.

Last edited:
Just picked up the Last of Us 1 remake for £40 on sale which was my price to hit before buying, which means I can finally do my full replay of these 2 absolutely stellar games on the PS5, looking forward to it tbf
I may replay the first game as well because of the Remastered of the second one coming. Turning this into a TLOU month.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I may replay the first game as well because of the Remastered of the second one coming. Turning this into a TLOU month.
I've been holding off on a replay for ages waiting till both games are out, with part 1 dropping to £40 and part 2 out for an upgrade of a tenner it's ano brainer, I cannot wait as Ive only ever played them the once when they came out so really looking forward to it

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I've been holding off on a replay for ages waiting till both games are out, with part 1 dropping to £40 and part 2 out for an upgrade of a tenner it's ano brainer, I cannot wait as Ive only ever played them the once when they came out so really looking forward to it
So been playing the remake of Part,1 and holy shitballs is it not absolutely gorgeous, the gfx are out to lunch and I'm just spending my time as I do with all ND games and just admiring every inch of the levels, have just escaped the city and every inch of it looks incredible, can't wait to see the rest of it, defo done an incredible job on this remake even if it's beat for beat the same game, I have to admit it's great to be playing Joel again with young Ellie

saintjules

I stopped the second playthrough some time ago. Can't wait to dive back in. Wondering if I should start that all over again.

angrod14

I wonder if this game will eventually be patched to remove certain content due to "licensing" issues. There's that Pearl Jam song and posters all over it. The concerning part is that the song is kind of the heart of the story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom