• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is into the fitness here ?

Caio

Hi huys, who of you is using pre-workout and mass gainer ? I tried Komodo pump and pre-kaged for the pre-workout and none of these has satisfied me that much. With the pre-kaged, I felt a good pump but there was inside too much coffeine, really too much. With the Komodo, it's ok for the amount of coffeine, but less pump.

Who of you can recommend me the real Top 3 pre-workout, but a real one, 'cause in a review, on youtube this Komodo was in the top three, actually the winner of all, but I couldn't feel it, maybe it's just me, who knows.

Last edited:
W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
I use Nutricost Pre-workout. Cheap, easy to get via Amazon, and it gets the job done.

No creatine in it so you'll have to supplement it from another source.

bati

Cup of coffee works well for me. Imo preworkout supplements are a scam, it's much cheaper if you buy caffeine (even in tablet form), taurine and creatine separately.

teezzy

Banned
I've enjoyed the blue raspberry C4

447854_1.jpg

tkscz

I use SixStar RIPPED due to it being water melon flavored

Cup of coffee works well for me. Imo preworkout supplements are a scam, it's much cheaper if you buy caffeine (even in tablet form), taurine and creatine separately.

Can't stand coffee, tastes awful, hurts my stomach.

notseqi

I eat some milk based protein (25% of daily intake at 2gr/kg) before workout and put a bunch of vitamin tablets in my drinking bottle, not a fan of other supplements. I drink caffeine throughout the day. 1hour workouts for me so the protein is readily available and I eat again right after my workout, another 25% protein.

Creatine was noticeable when I used it back in 2008/2009 but I didn't think it to be worth it. BCAAs, felt no difference. Wheat beer, stumbled a bit but still did well on deads. LSD, squat rack breathing heavily. Hookah smoke, 10minutes of heavy breathing before you realize that it's gonna be a shit workout and you're back in the car. Ex-girlfriend in the gym, 360° and moonwalked right out.

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
BCAAs, felt no difference.

Everything I've read about them has pointed to them being relatively useless.

The E/C stack works well too if you can get the Ephidrine. Primatene tablets are your best bet if you can get them OTC in your state.

notseqi

The E/C stack works well too if you can get the Ephidrine. Primatene tablets are your best bet if you can get them OTC in your state.
I'm a bit past the 'gaaaainz'-mentality, I do it for routine, health and looks but apart from people shilling their dat dere celltech I have not heard a lot about good presupps apart from caffeine and ephidrine, the latter not being legal/OTC here.

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
I have not heard a lot about good presupps apart from caffeine and ephidrine, the latter not being legal/OTC here.

I'm lucky I can get Primatene OTC here just by showing ID.

I think I'm technically limited to the amount I can buy per month, but the limit is so insanely high that I'd have to be eating the pills like candy to actually hit it.

notseqi

I'm lucky I can get Primatene OTC here just by showing ID.

I think I'm technically limited to the amount I can buy per month, but the limit is so insanely high that I'd have to be eating the pills like candy to actually hit it.
I might ask my apothecary, it's been 10 years since I inquired about it, maybe there's some new stuff out. Good pointer.

GymWolf

Not everyone react well with caffeine, for example it does absolutely nothing for me.

When in the past i used preworkout the only who worked were the ones with some psycho nootropic stuff in it, that shit was strong as fuck and i was like in the zone for 3 hours straight, of course when the effect wear out you feel a bit shitty, but anything lesser than that was like water for me, i have a pretty resistant body when it comes to concentration enhancers.

Every body react different to stimulating substances.

Last edited:

Adam Wart

Neo Member
Never used pre-workouts as my trainer says they are very bad for the heart. Moreover, over time you get used to pre-workouts and have to buy them again and again. Better use creatine.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Me!

Before the lockdown and my office closed, I'd ride 12 miles a day on a bike to work and back.

Since I no longer need to ride to the office, running has become my cardio.

I also go to the gym five times a week for various weight sessions. Tomorrow is my favourite. Leg day.

DavidGzz

I just take a caffeine pill before my workouts. 5-7 grams of creatine as well and that's it. Cheap monohydrate creatine and 3 dollar bottles of caffeine pills. Quit wasting your money.

A good pump comes from proper nutrition and hydration. Sodium helps. It also isn't required unless you're doing it for progress pics. I always gets a good pump.

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
I am sort of into fitness but I do my own thing. I find dumbbells and a pull up bar are all I really need. I watch my diet and load up on eggs, fish, cottage cheese and red meat/chicken. I eats carbs about an hour before I workout for energy.

I have use whey protein previously but found just eating regular foods was all I really needed. I have never done any pre-workout either.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Every time pre-pump gets mentioned I get sad because it always reminds me how Jack3d was just baned when I got into supplementation. I searched for it everywhere but naturally it was always sold out. :messenger_sad_relieved:

Speaking of, anyone here actually used it with the old formula?

Last edited:

poodaddy

Every time pre-pump gets mentioned I get sad because it always reminds me how Jack3d was just baned when I got into supplementation. I searched for it everywhere but naturally it was always sold out. :messenger_sad_relieved:

Me and basically everyone in my Army unit who were part of our little rat pack of lifters did it religiously till it was banned. We were young and dumb, and at the time we didn't give a shit what was in a product, so long as it made us feel the "hype" and the "pump" lol. Shit was extremely effective man.....of course it also made us way too hype and it made my scalp tingle. If memory serves, that was probably due to a high dosage of beta alanine in the formula, but I can't remember exactly whether that was there in a large amount or not. I think it was, but don't quote me on that. To be honest, being that hyper when lifting heavy weight isn't really a good thing at all. If you're just doing lots of reps of lighter weight or even moderate weight, it was a pretty great supplement, especially for my little group of miscreants as we were all into the body building thing, but it probably would have been dangerous if we were using it to lift some serious weight. Energy in the weight room is a good thing, but not nervous twitchy energy. That's for cardio bunnies and people who flex in the mirror after every set. If you're looking to train intelligently and effectively, you'll find no better pretraining supplement on the planet than a banana and a black cup of coffee. If you're lifting heavy, make sure you eat enough carbs in general, (it doesn't have to be an hour before your set, that's misinformation and it's nonsense), throughout your days, unless you're obsessed with having a six pack. Creatine is also pretty useful for lifting in general, though some folks heavily overestimate its use and misunderstand its applicability. Creatine, when property saturated into your bones and muscles, improves your ATP capacity, which is a specific energy pathway that your body uses for INTENSE activities. Emphasis on the intense there. In other words, a compound lift that you can perform in a lower rep range due to the weight, (a lot of debate on what that specific rep range is due to how many different strength coaches there are out there, but let's just say eight and under to keep it simple), sprinting, plyometric movements, max effort lifts, jumps, strikes, and throws, stuff like that. Creatine has no effect whatsoever on the glycolytic and oxidative energy pathways, but can still enhance your performance in movements primarily dependent upon these pathways very slightly due to the fact that we are always using all three energy pathways at all times, though with different pathways taking precedence as the priority energy pathway depending on the intensity of the movement performed and for how long the movement is performed. For example, if you all out sprint to capacity for 8 seconds, then run pretty fast for about 2 minutes, then jog for a half hour, then you were primarily using ATP for 8 seconds, glycogen for 2 minutes, and oxygen for 30 minutes. Though all three energy pathways were utilized for the entirety of the training, you can see how the primary energy provider changed depending on the intensity of the movement. So, so, so, so, SO many people don't understand this basic premise of training and have a hard time making the most of their training programming as they tend to waste energy on exercises that don't fit their goals.

TL;DR: Program appropriately for your goals, and train to meet them. If a particular supplement, such as creatine or the like, will help you to reach your goals, then take it. I take it as I like lifting heavy these days. If the supplement is not going to enhance the primary energy pathway that you're training to meet your goals, don't waste your time. I knew a guy in the Army who didn't lift at all but ran marathons often, and he took creatine as part of his training stack. That creatine, for him, was largely pointless and unnecessary. If you go into the gym with no goal in mind and no real program or method, you will leave the gym as directionless as you were when you entered.

In answer to the thread in specific, all mass gainers are horse shit and terrible for you, and you don't need a prework supplement at all. They always toss heavy metals and idiotic shit in that garbage. Like I said, banana and cup of black coffee and you're good for pre work out man. If you need a mass gainer, just eat more calories. Clearly you're trying to place yourself in a caloric surplus to gain more muscle mass, so eat what the best lifters in the world eat to get larger when they need to. Rice, eggs, steak, milk, peanut butter, and cottage cheese. If you're trying to keep it lean, (which you're clearly not as you mentioned a mass gainer), then your diet would look substantially different than what I just mentioned, but if you're trying to get larger and stronger, then that's the stuff you need to be eating. Also, check out Stan Efferding, Dave Tate, Jim Wendler, Swede Burns, JM Blakely, and Mark Rippetoe on Youtube for lots of great tips about lifting and eating in general, and good luck to ya brother.

Adam Wart

Neo Member

A friend of mine, who was a performing athlete, did. Actually he used tons of different supplements but said that among pr-workouts Jack3d was the most effective, no doubt about that.

Top Bottom