• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why haven't you signed up or started posting? For Lurkers, New and returning NeoGAF Members

Vorg

Banned
I am currently getting my oldest from school. Then haircuts for 2 of them. But when I get back home, I’ll give you my time and proper response.

But I would like to understand how current GAF is not giving anyone their basic rights. Imo that was old GAF restricting basic rights.

... What? I'm outta here. Lol

... What? I'm outta here. Lol
Oh I’m sorry. I took your comment as being sincere and wanting to have dialogue and conversation.

I imagine that this community will evolve over time but one thing that hopefully won’t change is the standard of moderation that has been instituted here over the last year. It is clearly a core pillar here.

Not ever website is for everyone. Safe travels in your journey on the internet :messenger_heart:

KRAai

i kind of hate how many fanboism and negativity is here and some people feel like just opposite version of people on the other forum
which is as much annoying but i kind of start to feel good here

btw who i have to sleep with to be able to make threads ? :messenger_dizzy:
i know it is probably easy to find but i am lazy
i guess i have tio go beyond neo member

i kind of hate how many fanboism and negativity is here and some people feel like just opposite version of people on the other forum

btw who i have to sleep with to be able to make threads ? :messenger_dizzy:
i know it is probably easy to find but i am lazy
i guess i have tio go beyond neo member
It’s 1 month and 50 posts.

But you can use the new members request thread and we will get it posted for you. Your almost there tho.

I’ll be happy to post any thread you have as long as you write it up with a thread title, it isn’t already been posted and doesn’t break the rules.

brap

Banned
P8VxgW.gif
>tfw recognize this woman
W4TYaQJ.jpg

entremet

Believe me, as a former ERA member that fear is real. It is one of the few forums that mindspeak to you. I see it as a huge experimentation venture to mess the human mind. Damage is irreversible. If the catechism fails, you are pushed aside or banned.
I think you're giving people online too much power lol. Relax, they don't bite haha.

KRAai

hmm i am high but when i wrote it i was drunk hmm
was it realy that bad ?

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
hmm i am high but when i wrote it i was drunk hmm
was it realy that bad ?
Technically no, but there is a time and place, lol.

If I started posting my random thoughts, I’d probably get arrested.

DO you have any proof? Because I have never seen that.
Absolutely! It's sitting right over there next to the cure for blindness that NeoGAF is holding for ransom :rolleyes:

Like you said, show the evidence. Any post that goes against the GAF rules I would be happy to report myself.

But someone posting something you don't like isn't a violation of the site rules. And unfortunately there will be many who used to be here that don't understand that.

Understood. I hope you stick with us and are here participating as we continue to build.

I believe that the community as a whole will find the direction it wants and needs. But that takes time. But I think it will be an exciting time. Once we do, we will lose the things handcuffing NeoGAF to the past.

i wish she had my dick in her hand...
Um... lets not... derail the thread.

You sick Mo FO lol :messenger_winking:

Mochilador

This might not be obvious but now you can use free email providers.
I was a lurker for about seven years because of that.

Last edited:

Avasarala

Emoji Emperor
Staff Member
I really thought it was the woman from House.

Anyway - not here to ban alts. Be welcome, enjoy yourself. If the mood strikes you, please contribute - we really do work very very hard to make it the best it could be.

Any members here who might want old accounts back, PM me the details please, and I'll get the information where it needs to be. : )

KRAai

Technically no, but there is a time and place, lol.

If I started posting my random thoughts, I’d probably get arrested.

well to be fair i was responding to guy saying that he wish he could read lips
and i just thought it's wierd to have that wish/reaction looking at that gif :messenger_dizzy:

i guess i am sorry because it was kind of mindless and not adding much to the thread
especially that i didn't even care to check why this gif was posted
nor the context of that gif itself

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
well to be fair i was responding to guy saying that he wish he could read lips
and i just thought it's wierd to have that wish/reaction looking at that gif :messenger_dizzy:

i guess i am sorry because it was kind of mindless and not adding much to the thread
especially that i didn't even care to check why this gif was posted
nor the context of that gif itself
I’m not easily offended by small things, others might be though. I just thought it was out there in terms of the subject of this thread. Lol, I’m sure plenty were thinking it, you just don’t always have to state it.

KRAai

I’m not easily offended by small things, others might be though. I just thought it was out there in terms of the subject of this thread. Lol, I’m sure plenty were thinking it, you just don’t always have to state it.

so to be clear the gif itself wasn't offensive ?
but me stating obvious kind of was ?
just curious

Personally as I remember the GAF of old and lurking the Resetera when it was launched, I feel like all the negative, toxic people, the haters, the trouble starters,pitchfork wielders, nazi mods ... They all migrated to Resetera and next thing you know, NeoGaf though admittedly quiet for some time, it got such a positive refresh.

People barely fight, i dont see anyone hunting for others to be banned, friendly discussions etc. Not to put a community down because im a part of another, but all the worst from GAF left for Reset and just by lurking I see the same toxicity that once was here. Id never want GAF to ever become like that again.

KRAai

Ah, I see where this is going. Nevermind. Go your hardest.

what? maybe my wording wasn't right i don't know maybe i am just simple asshole
sorry if u got impression i want to take it somewhere that by your reaction seems bad

Kadayi

Banned
I don't come here as often, but that reputation was absolutely deserved. At one point, Neogaf was filled with hate speech, bigotry and even nazi posts and the mods did nothing to stop it. I've said this before, but it's not a matter of censoring anyone's ideas and beliefs, but upholding some basic civilizational ideals and achievements, like women's rights, black rights and lgbt rights. You know, everyone's right to have basic rights. Just basic stuff to keep the forum healthy. I'm sure the usual crowd will start screaming for proof or send pms calling me an sjw or some shit like that. I know how it works.

The perpetual conundrum with this sort of post is this idea that there is a perceived inequality which therefore needs to be countered by further inequality. Equality for all is not the end goal, merely the promotion of certain groups over others in terms of who is more favoured. One talks about basic rights, but basic rights have to be regarded as universal fare. When you start making concessions to groups on the basis of identity invariably you're merely sowing the seeds of abuse and division.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
what? maybe my wording wasn't right i don't know maybe i am just simple asshole
sorry if u got impression i want to take it somewhere that by your reaction seems bad
It started to smell like a gotcha trap. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt though.

You can be as dirty as you want. It doesn’t bother me. Can’t speak for others though.

Kagey K

Banned
I don't come here as often, but that reputation was absolutely deserved. At one point, Neogaf was filled with hate speech, bigotry and even nazi posts and the mods did nothing to stop it. I've said this before, but it's not a matter of censoring anyone's ideas and beliefs, but upholding some basic civilizational ideals and achievements, like women's rights, black rights and lgbt rights. You know, everyone's right to have basic rights. Just basic stuff to keep the forum healthy. I'm sure the usual crowd will start screaming for proof or send pms calling me an sjw or some shit like that. I know how it works.

I will say there stuff I read in politics sometimes that makes me feel a bit sick, and I either ignore it or rebut it.

But I’m not here for the politics, I’m here for games and when I’m done with games I want to see super off topics from sociallly awkward people, so I don’t feel as bad.

In reality I cruise gaming and hit off topic occasionally, and then after that if I’m still super desperate I hit politics.

Kadayi

Banned
I will say there stuff I read in politics sometimes that makes me feel a bit sick, and I either ignore it or rebut it.

But I’m not here for the politics, I’m here for games and when I’m done with games I want to see super off topics from sociallly awkward people, so I don’t feel as bad.

In reality I cruise gaming and hit off topic occasionally, and then after that if I’m still super desperate I hit politics.

My man.

Pretty much the same approach these days. By avoiding politics I largely bypass most of this sites more odious posters, because they rarely if ever venture out of it. Occasionally I'll pop in to see what's shaking, but frankly, I'm here for Game talk and OT for the most part.

plushyp

I really thought it was the woman from House.

Anyway - not here to ban alts. Be welcome, enjoy yourself. If the mood strikes you, please contribute - we really do work very very hard to make it the best it could be.

Any members here who might want old accounts back, PM me the details please, and I'll get the information where it needs to be. : )
Can you please tell me if KRAai an alt account?

Ninjamaeden

Neo Member
I've rejoined under a new name (don't ask my old one, want a fresh start) Era is full of crazy people and basically an overcorrecting safe space for mentally challenged LGBT people (although to be fair, it's only one of those letters that are causing the problems). There is no clear guidelines about what is or is not allowed except don't trigger certain mods emotions.

Neogaf still has its problems though. People denying that the place haven't been swarmed with alt-right sympathisers are full of shit, it's on every page. That being said, I'm kinda the type to live and let live. If I don't agree with you and you have some logic to your arguement, I'll just disagree and call it a day. I don't get up in my feelings about it and expect you to be banned.

So I'm back. I'll probably still lurk mostly because honestly, I have more important things to do than post on a videogame forum all day. That said, if I like a topic, I may stick my oar in a little. Be gentle.

Top Bottom