• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is GAF so good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conrad Link said:
rosakato.jpg
wtf? That looks the the decoy girl from Dateline NBC.

Neo_Dasus

Even though it has the biggest assholes and closet fanboys on the internet, GAF is still the best gaming forum ever because it's informative, funny, and people actually know what they're talking about 90% of the time.

Sonki.

Banned
NeoGaf is over-rated tripe. I still enjoy peeking my head in here for some good laughs.

There are other, longer lasting online communities that have brought many more laughs and insanely awesome threads.

That's why all this Gaf dick-sucking is out of line.

Sonki. said:
NeoGaf is over-rated tripe. I still enjoy peeking my head in here for some good laughs.

There are other, longer lasting online communities that have brought many more laughs and insanely awesome threads.

Oh, You're so cool, Brewster.

GAF is like my CNN!! Anything worth knowing is on the first few pages in both the gaming and off topic discussion areas. This place always provides "interesting" commentary on everything.

kablooey

It's true, I rarely ever turn to established media sites for news anymore (barring the Guardian of course), because I get everything I need to know on the front page of GAF. That's including those oddball stories that I would never find if I just looked around on my own.

saelz8

Sonki. said:

Give us an example of a forum better than GAF.

Rorschach

kammy said:
It just doesnt add up.

1. Its american
2. Its full of teenagers.

1. There is a large non-American user base here
Although, America r0x!!!
2. Nope...lots of adult gamers here.

It does have its bad spots...there are elitists here for every little thing and EVERYTHING is overrated. I could make a topic about cum stains and there would be people in there calling a certain stain overrated and they'd talk about how the older stains are more awesome.

Sonki. said:

Hi.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Because you can slag off a moderator in his own thread and not get banned for it (unless your name is APF [love ya babe]).

Slackmage your avatar is NOT work safe, please change it.

It's informative and much more mature than most other video game forums. Nonetheless, we still have our fair share of dicks on the board. The moderators also do a great job here, even if their title-editing fetish is unnecessary most of the time.

BlackMage

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Because you can slag off a moderator in his own thread and not get banned for it (unless your name is APF [love ya babe]).

suck my balls

Sonki.

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Oh, You're so cool, Brewster.

Thanks man.

Quellex said:
Give us an example of a forum better than GAF.

Actually, I would love to... but at the same time... I don't for personal reasons. You refer to yourself as "us"?

Stoney Mason said:

Awesome. But no, that wasn't it... NO where near.

This is all great damage control. I was insulting the posters who think this is the greatest forum ever. Funny how you guys felt like you needed to defend this place as if I was insulting your family.

I didn't even insult the ****ing forum.

mollipen

CurseoftheGods said:
The moderators also do a great job here, even if their title-editing fetish is unnecessary most of the time.

I know I'll get a "then go somewhere else" for this, but the moderation here is one of the things I don't like about GAF. It's a fun place despite the way things are run, not because of it.

Sonki. said:
This is all great damage control. I was insulting the posters who think this is the greatest forum ever. Funny how you guys felt like you needed to defend this place as if I was insulting your family.

Yes the masturbatory title thread is a bit much but then so is your post. Either give an example of a great forum that is comparable in subject matter or you get no credibility.

Mute

Banned
Sonki. said:

Sonki. said:
NeoGaf is over-rated tripe.
Just saying...

Yeah, this forum is pretty good. Not that I go to any others. Never understood the appeal of OA or EB or anything. I could really give a shit about which forum is more cool; I don't spend my damn life on the internet. Some people act like they have more online friends than real life. Seriously.

And the OP was pretty wrong on both counts. So yeah.

It should be said though that I am referring mainly to the OT. I look in the gaming forum maybe once a week. So I have no clue about the maturity or moderation on that side.

shidoshi said:
I know I'll get a "then go somewhere else" for this, but the moderation here is one of the things I don't like about GAF. It's a fun place despite the way things are run, not because of it.

It's not bad. I've seen far worse. The gaming side is a bit ridiculous with the bannings and the way some of the mods conduct themselves but when you have a video game forum which inherently will attract jack balls, its not bad considering.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Sonki. said:

:lol

I'm pretty sure the OP was pretty much asking why GAF is better than GameFAQs, etc., not proclaiming it better than any of those awesome communities you speak of.

Beezy

sp0rsk said:

SlackMage said:
suck my balls

(neutral) SlackMage
Banned
(Yesterday, 11:53 PM)

:lol :lol :lol

Seth C

I've been at this forum for too damn long. 5 years, 6 maybe? I've lost count. My first argument was with Dominus Defunctorum. Anyone remember him? Even more crazy that I put off coming here for quite some time because the civilized forums I frequented at the time considered GAF to be a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

They were probably right.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
I think Something Awful does a lot of things better than GAF, but I feel this place introduced me to the brighter side of the internets. I'll always visit this place, as long as it stays around.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Widfara said:
the only thing gaf is missing is a man who is both black and gay. maybe he is out there?
I worked with one guy like this at Best Buy. Dude was black, ANNOYINGLY gay (always slappin people and screaming and shit) and had his normal job of a Figure Skating instructor.

I swear I can't make this up.

gblues

Banned
One of my previous web-homes was Next-Generation.com's forums. Phoenix and I were admins (he had the PC Gaming forum, I had Retro Gaming). You had to read every post, edit as necessary, and manually approve it before it went live. The slow turnaround time encouraged more in-depth discussion, but I'd hate my job if those forums had the kind of volume NeoGAF has.

Nathan

Lobster

Banned
GAF is good because of OT. Without it we wouldn't have such threads like relationship threads. GD is good too..but risky posting there.

Edit: Most of GAF likes asians alot. Me too. Asians are hot.

well the great thing is nobody KNOWS the answer to that question, therefore i can't get in trouble.

i could post random insults to everyone here and the next day everyone would forget it happened.

that's how awesome i am.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
More then Mikey that would be due to luck and the nature of this place, insult everyone and 20 minutes later the thread ends up on page 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom