• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is Popeyes so much better than KFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
7095857475_2f0bd02974.jpg

KFC also got the best cake in the world.

Seriously, go try dat double chocolate chip cake. It's like sex and bunnies giving birth in your mouth real talk

I ain't even gonna try to convert y'all to the chicken y'all a hot mess anyway

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
And any way, it's Publix that has the best fried chicken. Popeye's and KFC are fighting for second place.

That's it. Publix needs to stop being mentioned in threads. I've enever even heard of them outside of gaf.

Arment

KFC bleaches their chicken. That's why they have that weird taste.

Fuck KFC.

Yeah, lets get a citation here.

You're probably confused with bleached wheat flour.

Did you know salt is bleached?

A lot of things go through bleaching processes, but it's not what you're thinking.

That's it. Publix needs to stop being mentioned in threads. I've enever even heard of them outside of gaf.

Publix is great at everything it does. I hear about them from my friends and family who moved away from states that have them. Best damn part of being back in Florida is Publix. SO GOOD.

I ain't even gonna try to convert y'all to the chicken y'all a hot mess anyway

Looking stuff up about KFC is hilarious. Like this:

Four months after a Burger King employee lost his job for taking a bubble bath in a restaurant sink, three scantily clad teens were fired when they turned a basin at their northern California KFC into their personal hot tub.

They landed in hot water with the chicken chain's management when one of the bikini-clad dimwits made the same mistake as the Ohio Burger King employee - she posted photos of the dippy escapade on MySpace.

amd-kfc-bath-2-jpg.jpg
amd-kfc-bath-1-jpg.jpg

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...g-sink-hot-tub-article-1.357020#ixzz26aYNMZfv

Ahh back when Myspace was the place for dipshittery more than FB.

PKrockin

After hearing of this great debate on GAF I suggested we go to Popeyes when I visited my family recently. It was the first time any of us had eaten there before and we all had to admit it was better than KFC.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
GAF's chicken wars have convinced me to visit as many chicken joints as I can the next time I visit America so I can pass judgement.

My first stop will be Las Vega's BFG.

Edit: Oh, there's also a Jollibee's there.

XenodudeX

No. It needs to be shouted from the rooftops. The world must know of the greatness that is Publix fried chicken.

And don't even get me started on the Cinnamon rolls with fucking raisins in them. Sweet jesus.

Cagey

Banned
This shit got niggas lining around the BLOCK, it's so good

popeyes_chicken_police_line.jpg

Depending on time of day, the Popeye's on 125th in Harlem is a fucking madhouse. Closest one to school when I lived up there though. Worth wait every time I didn't want to drop 3x the cost on Rack and Soul.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
No. It needs to be shouted from the rooftops. The world must know of the greatness that is Publix fried chicken.

And don't even get me started on the Cinnamon rolls with fucking raisins in them. Sweet jesus.

Kind of hard for the world to know about it when noone outside of the south can eat it. That would be like me bringing up el pollo loco and pollo campero in struggle chicken arguments.

And you like raisins? That rends your whole point moot.

tim.mbp

Yeah, lets get a citation here.

You're probably confused with bleached wheat flour.

Did you know salt is bleached?

A lot of things go through bleaching processes, but it's not what you're thinking.

Publix is great at everything it does. I hear about them from my friends and family who moved away from states that have them. Best damn part of being back in Florida is Publix. SO GOOD.

Maybe Xenodude means the chlorine that is used during the slaughtering of chickens, but that's not a KFC thing. It standard industry practice at the slaughter/processing plants to chill recently killed chickens in a water bath with a little added chlorine to prevent the spread of bacteria.

XenodudeX

^

Maybe. I don't know, but KFC has a really strange taste to it. I haven't been there in years so I can't really describe it.

Kind of hard for the world to know about it when noone outside of the south can eat it. That would be like me bringing up el pollo loco and pollo campero in struggle chicken arguments.

And you like raisins? That rends your whole point moot.
Drive your ass down to a southern state then.

Depending on time of day, the Popeye's on 125th in Harlem is a fucking madhouse. Closest one to school when I lived up there though. Worth wait every time I didn't want to drop 3x the cost on Rack and Soul.

a friend of mine got slammed up against the wall there for "fitting the description" a few years ago...

popeyes for me. by the way, how is chick fil a? We are getting one soon. Used to have popeyes but they took em down...

Way better than KFC, but not as good as Popeyes.

Popeyes is the unbeatable God-King-Emperor of fried chicken.*

Apart from my grandmother's homemade fried chicken.

just an honest question, lol not trying to derail this chicken train any more than it is

Chick-Fil-A has very good chicken sandwiches, and my favorite chicken nuggets. And their Spicy Chicken sandwich? oh my GAWD. And they have THE best fast food service around

where that money goes to however....

Honestly. Its about equal. Hipsters like Popeyes because they never like to like the biggest brand of anything.

Both have pro's and Cons. I personally prefer Popeyes sides, but I much prefer KFC's original recipe.

I really like the skin of KFC chicken, but the actual meat is crappier. It is a bit bland and greasy as hell. Popeyes seems to be better quality, but the skin just isn't as good.

Honestly. Its about equal. Hipsters like Popeyes because they never like to like the biggest brand of anything.

Both have pro's and Cons. I personally prefer Popeyes sides, but I much prefer KFC's original recipe.

Lol no, it has nothing to do with popularity. KFC here just cannot compete with the quality that Popeye's puts out.

I would love to try KFC if I ever go to Great Britain. I have a British coworker who tells me it's a world of difference in quality.

tim.mbp

Only side better at Popeyes is the Cajun rice.

The fuck does this even mean

Its the Avatar/Titanic effect. Hipsters can only like something until its universally liked by others. Then they hate it. True story. They always prefer the "superior" #2 player in every category. Then they still feel like part of the group (#2 is still big) but they can still have a victim complex.

...but yeah. Said my opinion. Knew haters were gunna hate. I'm out.

gdt

I haven't been to any of these places in years. Not that big a fan of fried chicken....but I forgot that they have biscuits. Honey biscuits sound incredible. Might go soon....

Does KFC still do the honey bbg boneless wings? That was amazing.

cousins

Its the Avatar/Titanic effect. Hipsters can only like something until its universally liked by others. Then they hate it. True story.

...but yeah. Said my opinion. Knew haters were gunna hate. I'm out.

I don't think the customers of fried chicken restaurants as a whole care about how hip their meal is.

Korosenai

Popeyes is great. I could literally live off there food.

I used to go there so much that the manager knew who I was and would already put my order down for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom