• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why isn’t there a Tiger King thread yet ?

91477193_3034885766532783_6560904222173298688_o.jpg
You win this thread lol

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
What a wild ride. The sheer density of scumlords in orbit of each other with all these big cat zoos and "sanctuaries" was really impressive.

Apparently there's going to be another episode airing this week, per Jeff Lowe:

AGRacing

My buddies and I are trying out a doing a podcast together for the first time and this show is the topic. Maybe any of you who are really into this show would enjoy it?

McCheese

This show, fucking hell.

My notes:
  • Girls will do literally anything to pet a tiger cub
  • Straight guys will also do literally anything to pet a tiger cub
  • Don't piss off Carol Baskin
  • I should buy a Jet Ski
  • X-Files' representation of sexy female FBI agents is misogynistic, sexist, and accurate.
  • $2000 is a fucking bargain

This show, fucking hell.

My notes:
  • Girls will do literally anything to pet a tiger cub
  • Straight guys will also do literally anything to pet a tiger cub
  • Don't piss off Carol Baskin
  • I should buy a Jet Ski
  • X-Files' representation of sexy female FBI agents is misogynistic, sexist, and accurate.
  • $2000 is a fucking bargain
Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought she was sexy

chitzy

Banned
Joe Exotic is a professional fuckup, and shouldn’t be allowed to run a zoo or care for exotic animals, but he doesn’t need to spend the rest of his life in prison. Give the guy a pardon and open an FBI investigation on Don’s disappearance.
The singer from As I Lay Dying got like 2 years for attempting to hire a hitman to kill his wife. Based on that, I have no idea why Joe got as much time as he did.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Carole Baskin killed her husband.

Joe Exotic indirectly killed his husband who he groomed into being gay cuz he needs someone to orbit him at all times.

Jeff Lowe is DEFO shagging the nanny on the sly and he deserves the blade like they all do.

The only people who doesn't deserve to die is Joe's underlings the rest of them can go.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Saff is the coolest dude ever.
Joe Exotic is a professional fuckup, and shouldn’t be allowed to run a zoo or care for exotic animals, but he doesn’t need to spend the rest of his life in prison. Give the guy a pardon and open an FBI investigation on Don’s disappearance.
Just saw the "special" episode and I disagree with him just getting a pardon. He shouldn't have gotten the maximum sentence for conspiracy to murder but he still needs to serve time. Also yes. Carole killed her husband and obviously paid off local law enforcement.

cryptoadam

Banned
Just got around to watching this and on episode 6.

WTF is with all these people wanting Tigers? I just don't get the appeal. Fucking thing will tear your head off.

Carol Baskin may be a lying hypocritcal bitch that wants to be the tiger queen, but I agree with her notion of ending private ownership of these animals (including her!). No one should own fucking tigers. Its fucken retarted.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Saff is the coolest dude ever.

Just saw the "special" episode and I disagree with him just getting a pardon. He shouldn't have gotten the maximum sentence for conspiracy to murder but he still needs to serve time. Also yes. Carole killed her husband and obviously paid off local law enforcement.

Yeah, the aftershow episode revealed some dire aspects of his animal treatment.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Just got around to watching this and on episode 6.

WTF is with all these people wanting Tigers? I just don't get the appeal. Fucking thing will tear your head off.

Carol Baskin may be a lying hypocritcal bitch that wants to be the tiger queen, but I agree with her notion of ending private ownership of these animals (including her!). No one should own fucking tigers. Its fucken retarted.
Tigers can't even live in the wild anymore.

A.Romero

The animals are the real victims. Zoos should be banned.

I haven't watched all the episodes but I like that it shows a big part of American culture that is not seen a lot by other countries. I think this is very important because there is an unconscious myth that all Americans are like Hollywood portrays them... It's just interesting and provides a lot of depth to our perception of how the deal is with the US. There is poor people, bad health care, corrupted cops and politicians... Just like anywhere else in the world.

All the main characters seem to be bad people but I think it has a lot to do with the fact that they are not very smart. With the exception of Jeff Lowe, I think they really thought they were doing the right thing.

I don't know if Joe should be pardoned. If there was enough evidence that he was actually looking for a hitman, society just got justice.

It's very possible that Carole killed Don Lewis and she should have been trialed for it but now there is no point. I'm sorry for Don's former family.

I really liked the staff at GW's. They seem like nice people that got a chance to have a decent job and do it the best they can. You could see how stressed they were when the animals didn't get proper care because Baskin succeeded in get Joe broke.

Anyway, this is how an Internet dispute can have real world consequences.

cryptoadam

Banned
Tigers can't even live in the wild anymore.

Well they shouldn't be living privately with people.

I don't know I just dont get the obsession with them. It would be cool to interact with one but I just can't imagine owning such a dangerous animal that can tear your body parts off at an instant notice.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Color me surprised that Joel McHale did a half-decent job of interviewing these people in the after-show. He had good questions and a good rapport going.

Nymphae

Banned
I kept seeing commercials for this after watching the Scary Movie....movies on Netflix this weekend. It's been all the rage with the basic bitches at work.

cryptoadam

Banned
Finished it, end was not as good as the begining. It peaked for me with the Carol Baskin stuff. Last episode felt more like a whimper then a bang.

I still think all of these big cat people are stupid retarted and private ownership of them should be banned.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
The Joel Hale Special was whatever. Didnt really reveal anything. Buy definitwly cements Joe as a piece of shit.

lock2k

Banned
At first I was like... WTF is this...

Then I watched some more and thought "this hillbilly is funny"

After the third episode I was like "I saw a tiger... now i understand..." :messenger_beaming:

Top Bottom