• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why The Scariest Nuclear Threat May Be Coming from the Trump Admin (Vanity Fair)

Donald Trump must be the biggest mistake that the US has ever made. I wonder how much bigger by the time all is said and done. It hurts me that there are people that look at this disaster and think YEAH!!! TRUMP!!! Finally we have a leader a savior after Obama ruined everything. Repeal and replace! Build the wall! Make America great again!

Utterly frightening to hear of this. Imagine the things that are happening with this administration that we don't even know of yet. Hopefully something catastrophic doesn't happen... hopefully.

ShaunBRS

73375.jpg

Bannon rhymes with Granin, motherfucker. Shitposter's license, give me a break (LOL).

weekev

Banned
House of Cards, that's what the US Government is ATM. It's a house of cards. As soon as one card falls over it could be horrifying. I just hope the fallout is ministerial rather than nuclear.

ec0ec0

I didn't know the world could work like this.

So, in the transition, the new guys let the previous one's knowledge go to waste, even though we are talking about energy, nuclear, etc!?

KingV

I didn't know the world could work like this.

So, in the transition, the new guys let the previous one's knowledge go to waste, even though we are talking about energy, nuclear, etc!?

The scary thing is that this is probably true across dozens of departments in the government. Probably almost all of them.

Shit, I would not be surprised if Justice is the only
one that did a semi-proper turnover because Sessions likely has some clue of how it usually goes.

Joni

Well, let's not be too loud because Theresa May may want to compete. But who else. North Korea can't be that stupid and Iran is also smart enough.

Eidan

Vanity Fair known for pop culture and fashion primarily has a good article on nuclear threats, arms and politics? Maybe I've been out of the loop on them.
Vanity Fair published the article that was the basis of the anti-tobacco industry film, The Insider. They also revealed the identity of Deep Throat.

jelly

I am willing to bet that Trump has no idea what the Department of Energy does.

Pushing Liberal Renewables!

That's a scary read. The administration are clueless and careless. Bannon must love this one especially.

If America has another disaster, I fear how Trump would respond and manage one.

Maledict

I am willing to bet that Trump has no idea what the Department of Energy does.

None of them did. It was legitimately reported as shocking news to the trump people that the DoE did more than create red tape for oil companies. That wasn't even restricted to Trump folks either - Perry campaigned on abolishing it in 2012 for the same reason.

ec0ec0

The scary thing is that this is probably true across dozens of departments in the government. Probably almost all of them.

i guess, but what is explained in that article (with the Deparment of Energy), seems like an extreme case.

You are suddenly going to replace the people that had acquired intrincate knowledge of the institution over the years and were also experts on the field (like physicists, etc...), with people that don't know a thing about it, nor are experts on the field, nor are they willing to get trained by (even listen to) the guys who used to run the place!?

Top Bottom