• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why'd they remove Online Multiplayer from Doom (Classic)?

buizel

Banned
So last gen, on 360 you could pick up Doom 1 or Doom 2 for $4 each on XBLA.

They had split screen and online co-op and deathmatch.

The PS3 also had Complete Doom, which had Doom 1,2, Plutonia, TNT, other expansions.

This all had split screen and online co-op and deathmatch.

Now current gen Doom, courtesy of Bethesda, removed all that online play, bumped up the price to $5, added some stupid security, and ported it so poorly the sound and graphics are messed up (which they recently fixed in a patch, but still, wasnt present on 360/PS3).

Of course why am I complaining, anyone who wants to play it can just buy it on the PS3/360 Online Store right? WRONG

They removed it from sale AS SOON AS the PS4/XBO ports came out.

BETTER MAKE SURE YOU STILL HAVE IT.

Doom Classic Complete on PS3 is some of the most fun online gaming I've had on PS3, and I've been playing Doom since LAN parties in the 90's.

Whats with this scummy practice?

Also: Where is Heretic/Hexen for current-gen systems? Seriously, those games are just as good if not arguably better than Doom (CHICKEN EGG WEAPON)?! Fuck me.

Last edited:
Probably not enough players used it for it to be considered worthwhile. They also added Plutonia/TNT/SIGIL to the recent port so I think the price is fair enough at this point.

Cattlyst

Hoping they add online play to both re-releases of Doom and Doom 2. I'd love that on Switch. Remember playing online Killzone Mercenary on Vita years ago, really miss online FPS deathmatches on a handheld.

Top Bottom