• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 (Project Cafe): Officially Announced, Playable At E3, Launching 2012 [Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diebuster

I'm down for a new console, but god I hope everyone is wrong about the controllers. The screen seems like a pointless gimmick.

Negator

Yeah... They say it's backwards compatible with Wii, that probably means that controller is not meant to be used as a Wii remote.

Mik2121

I will be definitely looking forward to this.

Hard to believe Nintendo is finally doing the jump to HD. Their games are always top quality, even if the hardware isn't always the best..

Boney

Banned
Takao said:
I think I said I was out, but I'm out for sure if that controller is close to real. Buying this platform will be a ticking time bomb and I don't want to waste my money.
So was buying a Wii... right?

Gvaz said:
Really? Gamecube Controller anyone?
Best controller ever

civilstrife said:
What happens after that?

Dont you remember the world cup?

GAF was down more often than it was up until they realized the mega-thread was to blame.

We're posting predictions?

Heres mine:

$275+ = commercial dud
$274 and under = commercial success*

*As long as each additional controller is no more than $70.

udivision

Skiesofwonder said:
Posting prediction here for the potential lols in a few months
More like sweet vindication!! :)
- Cafe will not be the final name.

You're so wrong about that. Now excuse me while I go find my Dolphin game collection to play on my Revolution. I think I placed it near my Nitro stuff...

Diebuster said:
I'm down for a new console, but god I hope everyone is wrong about the controllers. The screen seems like a pointless gimmick.

Like everyone loves to point out "THATS WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT THE WII!!!!"

El Sloth said:
Looks like a futuristic Gameboy handheld.

I dig it.
me too totally what i hoped for when they said the controller has a screen. also this controller is a mock up it's not real guys it's simply the closest mockup to the controller for a console that'll release next year and has lots of time for alterations.

cuevas said:
Like everyone loves to point out "THATS WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT THE WII!!!!"
between the reactions to ngp,3ds launch and this , it totally has felt like i've entered a time warp these last few months here on gaf.

bananas

Banned
Diebuster said:

You know, after what happened with the Wii's controller reveal, the ensuing reaction and then Nintendo going on to eat everybody's cake. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Vinci

Danish
Gvaz said:

The GameCube controller was friggin' comfortable as hell, for myself and everyone I played it with. What on earth are your hands like?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
let the record show that the Gamecube controller had the most comfortable fit in my hands. I loved that damn thing. It just needed a slightly better right stick.

mantidor

Gvaz said:

what? The GameCube controller is amazing, the thing melts in your hands. The only uncomfortable controller would be the NES one.

Takao said:
Gamecube and N64 controllers say hi.

what? again? you people should look up what ergonomic means.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
udivision said:
You're so wrong about that. Now excuse me while I go find my Dolphin game collection to play on my Revolution. I think I placed it near my Nitro stuff...

Hey! I had to include one safe prediction so I don't have to completely hide my face when this thread is linked to in the future. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nirolak said:
After 20,000 posts, the database calls necessary to pull the entire thread start to lead to 500 errors.

Since we got major new news and Nintendo is likely to announce this is about 24 hours, we figured we would head it off so we didn't have to cut the discussion during a major posting session.
Say what now? Didn't see this in OP I don't think.

Dissonance said:
The Wiimote looked very uncomfortable at first but the damn thing literally melted in your hands. I hope this new tablet controller is the same.
The Wiimote is uncomfortable as fuck sideways if your hands are larger than a small child's.

Balb

Takao said:

?

Both of those controllers were comfortable to hold, especially the Wavebird. Not going to deny that the N64 controller has a strange design, and that it isn't the definitive video game controller, but it's damn comfortable for games that relied on the control stick for movement (most of the games).

Nessus

The IR thing would make sense for use with Wiimote games with the new controller functioning as a mini TV + sensor bar, presumably for when the main living room TV is already in use.

Vinci

Danish
mantidor said:
what? The GameCube controller is amazing, the thing melts in your hands. The only uncomfortable controller would be the NES one.

The N64 controller was rather odd, but it wasn't uncomfortable once you figured it out. Still, probably not a good showcase of Nintendo's talents for ergonomic design.

Christine

Takao said:

Ergonomic design is not either of those controllers' weak points. Their biggest problem was being significantly out of spec for the dominant software development paradigm.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
SmithnCo said:
Keep dreaming that dream.

If it has biometric feedback built in then I would bet my account that Valve would heavily support the system.

PC/Wii2 exclusive is a bit of stretch though. :p

Cipherr

Takao said:

Should probably learn the different between ergonomic and bad button layouts before you argue like this. GC control was exceptionally ergonomic with a bad button layout.

TwinIonEngines said:
Ergonomic design is not either of those controllers' weak points. Their biggest problem was being significantly out of spec for the dominant software development paradigm.

Precisely, this words it much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom